Benefits of Being a Genius

An Inventor's Mistake

The next day, Myungsoo woke up early. He got ready for school and went downstairs. As he walked down, he could smell the aroma of food again. He quickly went over to the dining room and saw the same type of foods from yesterday on the table. Yoomi was sitting there, waiting for him. She noticed him and smiled. "You didn't get to eat the rest of the food I made yesterday, so I made it again," she said.

Myungsoo sat down and smiled happily. He started to eat his food and this time, he made sure that he tasted each one of them. "Yoomi, you don't have to make so much food in the morning. By the time I'm done eating all of this, I might be too full to eat lunch," he said with his mouth full.

"Then tell me what you would like in the morning," Yoomi said.

"Anything is fine. With your cooking, I might even be able to eat the most disgusting type of food in the planet and still think it taste good," Myungsoo said as he continued eating. 

"Actually, the most disgusting type of food in the planet is purely just someone's opinion. A person's preference for nourishment differs from person to person, but there are some that a large quantity of people find repulsive," Yoomi said matter-of-factly.

Myungsoo didn't listen and just continued eating. "Hey, are you listening to me?" Yoomi asked. Yoomi looked down at the table and saw that half of the food was already eaten. "Wow, you sure do eat a lot," Yoomi said as she looked at him stuffing the food into his mouth.

"Says the one that ate all of this by herself yesterday," Myungsoo said.

Yoomi was shock since she was caught red-handed. "How did you know?" Yoomi asked.

"I didn't see any leftovers in the fridge and there were empty dishes in the sink," Myungsoo replied.

"Oh," Yoomi said as she remembered. "Guess I forgot to do the dishes. It's actually quite ironic since I have an eidetic memory."

"Wait, you have an eidetic memory?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah, I was born with it," Yoomi replied.

"So you can remember everything you've seen in your whole entire life?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yup, I even remember being born. Even though I couldn't see anything, I remember everything I heard and felt," Yoomi said. "The doctors even said that I was the cutest baby that they have ever seen." Yoomi smiled proudly recalling her memory.

"Psh," Myungsoo said looking skeptical. "Yeah, right. How can a baby be cute when it was just born. I saw a picture of myself that was taken the day after I was born, and I looked hideous."

"Alright, if you don't believe me then that's fine, but I'm telling the truth," Yoomi said. They both went back to eating until it was time for Myungsoo to go to school. "I'm going out again today so don't worry over me," Yoomi said.

"Okay, but be back before it gets too dark. It's a dangerous world out there," Myungsoo said as he left.

Yoomi went back upstairs and the computer. She looked at the map of Seoul and pointed at her location. "So I'm here, and the library is here," she said as she moved her finger to where the library was at on the map. "Alright, I'm determined to read as many books as I can while I'm here. I wonder what kind of books this century has to offer." She got up, got changed, and quickly headed out.

She walked excitedly to the library and went inside. She skimmed through the many aisles until she found the one section that she was looking for. "Aha, science and technology," she said as she picked out some books. She ended up with so many books that she had trouble holding them all. She quickly found an empty table and dropped everything onto it, making a loud sound that spreaded throughout the quiet library. People looked up from their books trying to find the source of the disturbance.

Yoomi saw their irritated stares and said sorry while bowing repeatedly. Then she sat down and started to read. Half and hour later she finished everything. She left the books there and went up to get more books. 1 hour later the table was filled with books that she finished reading. She put down the book that she just finished and stared at the table. "So that was the whole science and technology section. Aww, I was expecting more," she said as she pouted.

"I guess I'll have to go to my second favorite section." Yoomi got up and walked over to the fiction section and picked out some novels. In 2 hours, she finished reading everything in that section. "Seriously, that was it? I even reread some of them." Yoomi pouted again. "And I'm not willing to read the children's books."

Some people looked over at her and their eyes widened after seeing the mountain of books lain on the table. Never in their life have they seen a person read that many books in one day. Yoomi noticed their stares and felt uncomfortable. She decided to clean up and put all of the books back, even though they were not in order. After she was done, she went over to the computer in a secluded corner and sat down in the seat in front of it.

She thought about Myungsoo, who was at school at the time, and wondered what school would be like in the 21st century. "I wonder what school Myungsoo goes to?" she asked herself. "So judging from his house, he's pretty rich since I see that most people here are living in apartments. Around the house, there are quite a few pictures of himself which means that he must live with his parents, but they must be too busy to come home since I haven't seen them around. If not, then it just means that he's vain, but from the conversation with him today he is most likely not. He also wears a school uniform which suggests that he is in high school."

"There was also a picture of him with a man and woman, most likely his parents, standing in front of a building. They were all dressed in business attire and on the building it said Kim Corporation," Yoomi mumbled to herself as she tried to piece everything together. Then she realized something. "Wait a minute, Kim Corporation?! That gives away everything!" Yoomi exclaimed. Fortunately, she didn't disturb anybody since there weren't any people near her. "Wow, and I thought that my dad was uncreative with names." She typed in Kim Corporation and read about them; then she searched for schools near the area. "So it only makes sense for the son of a rich business man to go to a prestigious school, and that school must be Woolim High."

Yoomi researched the school and everything matched perfectly. "So he goes to this school," Yoomi mumbled to herself. She was in deep thought for a moment. "Since I'm here anyway, might as well find out how school is like over here." Yoomi hacked into the school's system and enrolled herself in. *I know this is illegal, but I'm not doing anything that would harm anyone* she thought.

She successfully enrolled herself in and leaned back in her chair. "I guess I'm going back to school again," she said as she smiled.


So Yoomi is quite a fast reader. She might even finish reading this story before I even do. Also, I guess she's about to go to school with Myungsoo. If I was her, I would never even think about going to school again if I already graduated. XD