Savior

An Inventor's Mistake

"Myungsoo, how come your backpack is so heavy?" Yoomi asked. They were walking to school together and Yoomi was wearing her backpack on her back and his backpack on her front. It looked like she was wearing a backpack armor. "Do I really need to do this?"

Myungsoo looked at her. "Who was the one that-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," Yoomi said as she sighed. She accepted her fate and just continued walking towards the school gate.

Myungsoo smiled in satisfaction. "Yoomi-ah!" someone yelled from afar. They turned around and saw Sungyeol walking up to them with a big smile.

"Sungyeol!" Yoomi said happily.

As Sungyeol approached them, he noticed Yoomi wearing Myungsoo's backpack on her front. "Why are you wearing Myungsoo's backpack?" he asked.

Yoomi looked at the backpack. "Oh, Myungsoo told me to carry this for him so I did," she answered.

Sungyeol was surprised by her answer. He then turned towards Myungsoo. "Myungsoo, how can you make Yoomi carry your backpack for you! You're such a lazy soul to make somebody else carry it," he said. He took Myungsoo's backpack off of Yoomi and gave it back to him. "Even if you're lazy, you shouldn't force her to do this."

Yoomi looked at Sungyeol with a thankful expression. "But-" Myungsoo started to say, but was interrupted by his friends.

"Hey Sungyeol, you came here earlier than usual," Woohyun said. The rest of the Infinite members walked up to them.

"Oh good, you're here. Myungsoo over here, was making Yoomi carry his backpack for him," Sungyeol said while pointing at Myungsoo accusingly. "His laziness finally got the best of him," he said as he shook his head in disapproval. 

Sunggyu looked over at Myungsoo and sighed. "I knew that you would do that one day. I just didn't think that Yoomi would be the victim," he said. He put both of his hands on Myungsoo's shoulder and looked at him in the eyes. "Myungsoo, I know that you're lazy, but Yoomi is new here. You're suppose to make her feel at home, but instead, you make her carry your stuff. That's downright bullying right there."

"But she is the one that almost killed me in the first place. She totally deserves to be my personal servant," Myungsoo retorted.

Sunggyu looked at him, bewildered. "Now what did Yoomi do that almost killed you," he asked. "She doesn't seem like the type of person that would just switch into a psychopath overnight."

"She-" Myungsoo was about to explain what happened, but stopped. *If I say that she shrunk me and made me run away for my life from a spider, then will they believe me? Wait, why am I even asking myself this. There's no way on Earth that they will believe me!*

"It seems like you're speechless, so I'm guessing that she did nothing for you to almost die," Sunggyu said.

"No, she did!" Myungsoo said.

"Really, then what did she do?" Sunggyu asked. Myungsoo didn't know what to say. "Case closed, Yoomi didn't do anything to almost kill you." "But-" "No buts," Sunggyu interrupted. "Come on Yoomi, let's get away from this lazy person."

Everybody except Myungsoo started to walk inside the school. Yoomi turned around and stuck her tongue out at him before walking away. "Aish, that Song Yoomi. Why does she get away with everything! It's so not fair, they never believe me!" Myungsoo whined. He then started to walk towards the school while sulking.

In the background, there was a jealous presence watching them. "Look at that, that girl actually thinks that she can be friends with Infinite. She should know her place," the person said angrily.

"Hey, isn't that the girl that tried to talk to us a few days ago," the person next to her said.

"Yes Haeun, she is," the girl said while rolling her eyes. "You don't even remember that? I can't believe I even let you stick around."

Haeun felt belittled, but kept to herself. "Sorry Heajung," she said.

Heajung turned back towards the school. "Hey Haeun, do you remember what that girl's name was?" she asked.

"Psh, you told me that I have a bad memory, but you don't even remember the new student's name," Haeun mumbled.

"What?!" Heajung snapped.

"Nothing," Haeun quickly replied. "Her name is Song Yoomi."

"So her name is Yoomi," Heajung said. "I've gotta admit, she's pretty decent looking. I would've let her have a smooth school life, but she just had to be a nerd that likes to stick around Infinite especially Myungsoo. Like who does she think she is? A main character in a drama?"

"Decent looking? She's not decent, I bet that she's about above average. Look at her, she could totally be an ulzzang," Haeun said while admiring Yoomi's looks.

Heajung scoffed. "Oh please, if she's an ulzzang then what am I, a goddess?" she said while flipping her hair.

"But you're only average looking though," Haeun answered.

"Shut up, Haeun! You have no taste in looks!" Heajung yelled. "Anyways, we should let her know her place," she said with a smirk.


 

At the lunchroom, Myungsoo and Yoomi were in line to get their lunch. "Hey, where are the rest of them. They were here this morning," Yoomi asked.

"They just went to the library. There's a big test coming up so they wanted to study," Myungsoo answered.

"Really, then how about we go to the library-"

"No," Myungsoo quickly said, interrupting her. "There's no need to go to the library."

"But don't you also need to study for the test?" Yoomi asked.

"No, there's no need to study. I'm going to do just fine even without studying," Myungsoo said confidently.

"Okay then, if you're that confident," Yoomi said agreeing with him. Myungsoo got his lunch first and went over to their regular table. Yoomi was still getting her lunch when Myungsoo sat down and started to eat. When she turned around and was about to walk over to Myungsoo, she was stopped by somebody.

"Hey new student," Heajung said as she waved her fingers at Yoomi.

Yoomi instantly recognized the two girls as the ones that she talked to a few days ago. "Oh, hi," she said awkwardly. *Why are they talking to me? It seemed like they didn't like me the last time I tried to talk to them. Did they change and actually want to be my friend now?*

"Actually, I'm sorry for being so rude to you last time. Can you forgive me?" Heajung said looking apologetic.

"Oh, sure," Yoomi hesitantly answered.

Heajung smiled. "Yay, you forgave me! I'm guessing that we can be friends now," she said brightly.

"Yeah, I guess so," Yoomi replied returning the smile. *Am I dreaming? Am I actually making a friend by myself?* 

"Then since we're friends now, can you give me your lunch. I actually have no money right now, and I'm very hungry," Heajung said as she pouted and rubbed her stomach.

"Yeah, sure," Yoomi said. She held out her lunch tray, waiting for Heajung to take it, when she felt the food splattering all over her.

Heajung flipped the tray causing for everything on it to spill on Yoomi. The tray, as well as everything on it, fell to the ground as Yoomi stood there, shocked. "Oops sorry, my hand slipped," Heajung said. "But at the same time, I'm not sorry." She glared at Yoomi and said, "Haeun, give me the rice."

Haeun was standing next to her, holding her lunch tray. She took the bowl of rice and gave it to Heajung. Heajung took the bowl and grabbed a handful of the rice. "You're just a nerd, you should know your place," she said as she started to throw the rice at Yoomi.

Yoomi was too shocked to do anything. She froze in place as she remembered a bad memory.

Flashback

"Look at her, who does she think she is?" a girl said.

"Yah, what are you doing? She's only 6 years old, she didn't do anything wrong," somebody else said.

"I know she's only 6, but she's going to graduate this year," the girl said. "Seriously, I tried so hard these pass years, but then she came in and is going to graduate just like that."

"I know, but you don't have to be so bitter about it," the other person said.

"How about you, aren't you bitter. You were the one who always ranked first for exams until she came. She stole your spot, aren't you mad?" the girl asked.

The other person thought about it. "You know, you're right. I can't believe that a 6 year old actually took my place as first. She deserves it, continue what you're doing," he said coldly.

The girl smiled in satisfaction. "That's right, she deserves it," she said. She turned towards Yoomi and splashed milk into her face. "You should be grateful that I'm giving you milk, it should help you grow since you're just a little kid."

Everybody in the lunchroom started to laugh at Yoomi as she sat there. She was covered in beverages and food that the other kids had dumped onto her. She wiped her face as she felt tears falling from her eyes.

"Aww look, the little baby is crying," the girl mocked. Everybody else in the lunchroom continued to laugh at Yoomi. They and insulted her by throwing more food at her and yelling insults.

Yoomi, as a little 6 year old, couldn't do anything to stop them. Nobody helped her and all she could do was just sit there and cry.

End of Flashback

Heajung continued to throw the rice at Yoomi. *Nobody's going to help me. It's the same as last time, people haven't changed. They either just laugh at me or just watch. They wouldn't help me. Nobody's going to help me.* Yoomi felt tears forming in her eyes, but unlike when she was little, she kept it in this time. She wouldn't let anyone see her tears.

Suddenly, a figure stood in front of her. She stopped feeling the rice being pelted at her, and slowly looked up. When she saw the person, her eyes widened.


 

Hey guys, I bet you're wondering why I updated again after updating a few days ago. Well, since school's starting, I wanted to post another chapter just before it starts. :)

And do you remember this girl from a few chapters ago? I finally get to introduce her properly this time. I also wonder who helped Yoomi? Could it be a new character?