Aquarium

An Inventor's Mistake

"Hm, I wonder what your ice cream tastes like," Myungsoo said as he leaned in and Yoomi's ice cream. 

Yoomi sighed. "Myungsoo, that's the 8th time that you've said that, it's also the 12th time that you've my ice cream!" she said. 

"Sorry, but your ice cream tastes really good," he replied. 

"Then why didn't you get a chocolate one," Yoomi said. 

"Because I didn't want to," Myungsoo said. "By the way, sharing is caring."

"Not when you already ate over half of my ice cream and you're spreading your germs by it," she said. Myungsoo leaned in again, about to take another at her ice cream, but she quickly moved it away. "Nope, you're not eating anymore of my ice cream," she said as she shielded her ice cream in a protective manner. 

"But I already finished my own ice cream. Come on, please. Just one more," he said holding a finger up. 

Yoomi shook her head. "Nope, I paid for this and don't even think about bringing the bet into this," she said. "This has nothing to do with skinship so I can refuse as much as I want."

"Oh really?" Myungsoo asked. 

Yoomi nodded. "Yup, so go away and stop eating my ice cream," she said. 

She started walking again, but suddenly, she felt arms being wrapped around her waist. Her eyes widened and she turned her head towards her shoulder to see Myungsoo looking at her right in the eyes. "So you can refuse the ice cream, but you can't refuse something like this," he said with a smirk. 

Yoomi tried to move away, but Myungsoo's grip around her waist only tightened. "Don't even try to get away from this, Song Yoomi. According to our bet, you can't refuse my skinship no matter what," he said. 

"Man, I sincerely regret agreeing to that bet," she said under her breath. 

*But I didn't,* Myungsoo thought with a smile. He then saw her ice cream right in front of him. It was completely vulnerable with Yoomi being too busy regretting her decision to protect it. Without any second thoughts, he leaned towards the ice cream and took a bite out of it. 

Yoomi noticed what happened and her eyes widened. "Wha-, how did you-"

"You shouldn't leave your ice cream in front of me like that, who knows when I'll strike again," he said with a playful smile.

"So, I pretty much just offered for you to eat my ice cream by putting it in front of your face?" she asked. Myungsoo nodded. "Song Yoomi, why are you such an idiot," she said as she face palmed herself. 

"You're an idiot, but you're my idiot," he said as he rested his chin on her shoulder. 

"You really don't want to lose the bet, don't you?" she asked. 

"Nope, I won't lose until you fall for me," he answered. 

"Alright, I fell for you. I lost, so can we stop this now?" she asked. 

"What?! You can't just forfeit so early like that! It hasn't been a whole day yet!" he said. 

"But I quit," Yoomi said. "Now let me go because I forfeit." She tried to take his hands off of her, but Myungsoo's grip tightened even more. 

"Nope, the bet doesn't end until the end of the day. That was our deal, I would be your boyfriend for the day and you agreed," he said. 

Yoomi sighed. "Wow, I've never regretted my decision this much before in my whole life," she said. 

Myungsoo pouted. "Do you really hate me that much as your boyfriend? You know, I'm trying really hard for you to like me, so you must have felt your heart skip-a-beat at least once, right?" he asked cutely. 

Yoomi blushed. "Wha-what? No, my heart didn't skip-a-beat yet," she lied. In reality, her heart had already skipped-a-beat exactly 8 times and her heart fluttered 11. It has only been 2 hours and she's starting to think that Myungsoo was right. She might actually have a heart attack by the end of the day. 

"Then that means that I just have to try harder," he said. He unwrapped his arms from her waist, causing for her to sigh in relief, but it didn't last very long. He then took her hand and held it firmly. "Since we can't walk when I'm hugging you, we should at least hold hands." Yoomi gave up and just let him hold her hand. 

Myungsoo then took her to another place and her eyes widened as soon as she found out where they were going. "We're going to an aquarium?!" she asked excitedly. 

Myungsoo was surprised by how excited she was. "Yeah," he answered. "You've never been to an aquarium before?"

Yoomi shook her head. "No, but I really want to," she replied. She then looked at him with a bright smile. "Come on, let's go in! I want to see the marine life in there." She started walking in and Myungsoo, who had his hand intertwined with hers, was unexpectedly dragged into the place. 

The first thing that Yoomi saw when she stepped foot into the aquarium was the bright, blue light reflecting from the water into the barely lit room. Her eyes wandered over to the tanks where different types of fishes were darting here and there, and her excitement grew even more. 

"Wah, look at the fishes!" she said as she ran over to the tank. She already took her hand out of Myungsoo's hand before running away, leaving him feeling a little disappointed. He then walked over to her and saw her pressed up against the glass, intently looking at the fishes. 

"You know, there's a question that comes up whenever I come here," he started to say. 

"What is it? I might be able to answer it," she said, not taking her eyes off of the tank. 

"Why won't the sharks eat the fishes in the tank? I'm pretty sure that sharks like to eat fish so why don't I see them eat the fishes?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Well, the people working here probably keep the sharks pretty well-fed, so they wouldn't eat the fishes if they're full," Yoomi explained. "But occasionally, there are some fishes that do get eaten."

Myungsoo nodded his head in understanding. "Wow, and all this time I thought that the fishes were living in peace with each other, but I was wrong," he said. 

Yoomi took out her phone and started taking pictures. "What are you doing?" he asked. 

"Taking pictures," she replied. 

"But why are you taking pictures of only the fish?" he asked. 

She stopped taking pictures and looked at him with a confused expression. "Why won't I take pictures of the fish? We're at an aquarium after all," she replied.

"Song Yoomi, you don't know anything do you?" he asked. 

Yoomi furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" she asked. 

Myungsoo took her phone out of her hands and pulled her next to him. "When you're going to the aquarium with somebody, you're suppose to take pictures together," he said. 

"Really? You're supposed to do that?" she asked. 

"Yes, now smile," he said as he turned her head to face the camera. 

Yoomi still wasn't smiling and was still thinking about what he said. "But why are we taking pictures together? Shouldn't we take pictures of the fish?" she asked. 

"We are taking pictures of the fish but with us also in the picture. See, you can see the fishes swimming behind us," he said while pointing at the phone screen. 

"But you can barely see them," Yoomi said as she looked at the screen. 

"Don't you want to make memories?" Myungsoo said.

"But people are always making memories whether they like it or not even if they forget it in the end, and besides, I have an eidetic memory so I can't forget anything," she said. 

"But I don't have an eidetic memory so I want a picture to remember this moment," he said. 

"But if you want a picture to remember this moment then why are you taking it on my phone?" she asked. 

Myungsoo didn't know what to say to that since she had a point. "Oh, just smile already!" he impatiently said as he turned her head back towards the camera. 

"But-"

"Just take the picture or I'll get very intimate with the skinship," he said. "Now, smile."

Yoomi gave up and turned towards the camera. "You're a meanie," she said under her breath. 

"What?" he asked. 

"Nothing," she quickly replied as she smiled. "Now, let's just take the picture."

They finally got in position and both of them started to smile. "Alright, now tilt your head a little and take a step towards me," he said. 

Yoomi did as she was told and took a step towards him and tilted her head. Myungsoo then put an arm around her and before she could even react, he already took the picture. 

He then looked at the picture and smiled. "Hey look, it came out pretty well," he said before sending it to himself. "See, I told you that I was going to have a picture to remember this moment."

"So you're done taking the picture, right?" Yoomi asked. Myungsoo nodded. She then quickly snatched her phone out of his hands and ran away. "I'm going around and taking pictures of the fish!" she said.

"Yah! You're just going to leave me like that!" Myungsoo yelled. Yoomi didn't look back and kept running. "I can't believe that she just left me like that," he said in disbelief. 

"Song Yoomi, just wait until I find you! You'll regret leaving me like that!" he yelled loudly. 

Yoomi heard him and ran even faster. "Yup, I'm dead.”


 

Yoomi took another picture of the fishes. As soon as she took the picture, she started to look around for Myungsoo. "Alright good, he hasn't found me yet," she said. She then started walking while cautiously looking around her.

"I don't know what he would do if he finds me, but it's better not to find out," she said. Her phone started ringing and she knew that it was Myungsoo. He called quite a few times after she ran away from him even though it has only been 8 minutes. "He's calling again. Should I pick it up?" she asked herself. 

She hesitated for a moment before picking it up. "Hello," she said. 

"Yah, where are you," Myungsoo said. 

"Why should I tell you?" she asked. 

"Because today is the day that we're celebrating my achievement, but you just left me like that!" he yelled. 

"I know and I'm sorry, but you said that you'll make me regret leaving you. And since I'm feeling threatened, I’m not telling you," she said. 

"Just tell me where you are. I've been wandering around this place for 8 minutes and I think I'm lost," he said. 

"Well, you should have looked at the map," she said. 

"Map, what map?" he asked back. 

"The map at the front entrance," she answered. "If you looked at it then you wouldn't be lost."

"But how am I suppose to remember that thing? I don't have an eidetic memory like you," he said. 

"Then I can tell you how to get to the exit if you want.” 

"No, I haven't even been in here for 10 minutes. I'm not planning on leaving now.” 

"Then just go around and look at the fishes.” 

"But I want to find you first. Come on, just tell me where you are.”

"Nope, I'm still not telling you.” 

"Then how about a hint? Just give me one hint.” 

"Alright, I'll tell you a hint," she said. "I'm at a place where there are a lot of fish."

"What kind of hint is that? We're at an aquarium for crying out loud!" he said. 

"But I gave you a hint," she said. "Wasn't that what you wanted?"

Myungsoo sighed. "Then tell me another hint," he said. 

"But I already gave you a hint, you can't have a second one," she said. "So good luck trying to find me with that one hint."

"I've been trying to do that for a while now, but I still can't find you. Like seriously, how big is this place anyway?" Myungsoo said. 

"It's-" Yoomi was about to answer him when a giant shadow loomed over her. She slowly looked up and her eyes widened. "Woah," she said amazed. 

"What? What is it?" he asked. 

"It's incredible," she said. 

"What is?" he asked again. 

"It's a whale shark. Look at how big it is," she said. "It looks like it's around 32 feet long."

"Oh, so you're near a whale shark," Myungsoo said. 

Yoomi came back to reality and just realized something. "Wait, did I just give you another hint?" she asked. 

"Yup," Myungsoo said as he smiled. "You did."

"Oh well, it's not like you're going to find me from that one hint. It's not like you're near a whale shark anyway," she said before looking at the magnificent creature again. 

"Hey Myungsoo, I'm hanging up. I have to take pictures of this shark so bye," she said before hanging up on him. 

"She hung up on me," Myungsoo said to himself. "So she's near a whale shark, but where is the whale shark?" After walking around for a few minutes, he finally saw a giant fish swimming in the tank above. He then saw a girl standing beneath it and taking pictures. 

Even when he only saw her back, he knew for sure that it was Yoomi. "Found you," he quietly said with a smirk. He silently walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. 

"Are you enjoying your time after leaving me?" he asked. 

Yoomi turned around and was surprised to see Myungsoo standing right there in front of her. "Myungsoo," she said in shock. "How did you find me?"

"Whale shark," he answered as he pointed at the gigantic shark. 

"Oh yeah," Yoomi said, remembering that she accidently gave him a hint. "I knew that I shouldn't have followed it," she said to herself in regret.

"But either way, I still found you. Now, let's talk about the part where you left me," he said. 

"Ahaha, you're not mad right?" she asked as she nervously laughed. 

"Does it look like I'm mad?" Myungsoo asked. 

Yoomi looked at him and knew for sure that he was mad. *Nope, not good. I'm 100% sure that he’s going kill me now. Song Yoomi, think of something,* she thought. "Um, Myungsoo, what would make you turn your head towards it?" she asked. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. 

"Like somebody or something that would make you turn your head towards it no matter what and catch your attention," she said. "Like maybe a celebrity."

Myungsoo thought about it. "I guess maybe Miss A's Suzy. She is the nation's first love after all and she’s really popular," he said. 

"Oh my goodness," Yoomi said with a shocked face. "Is that Miss A's Suzy?!" She pointed at the place behind him, making him look at that direction.

"Where?" he asked. "Is she really there?" He turned around, kind of expecting Suzy to be there, but there was nobody in the empty hallway. 

"I don't see her," he said. When he turned back around, he saw Yoomi already far away from him, running. "Did she just trick me?" he asked himself. "Yah, Song Yoomi! Come back here!"

Yoomi didn't respond and kept running. "I'm not letting you get away this time," he said. He then started sprinting towards her and before she knew it, he was right behind her. 

"Yah, stop running!" he said. 

Yoomi was surprised that his voice was closer than she thought it was. She turned around and saw him right behind her. "What-, how did you get there?" she asked. 

"Just stop running, I'll catch you even if you run or not," he said. 

Yoomi didn't stop and started running even faster. "That's it," he said picking up his speed. He then reached his arm out and grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him. 

"Woah!" she said as she was pulled. Before she knew it, his arm was already around her waist while his other hand was still on her arm. 

"I told you to stop," he said while panting. 

She then noticed how close their faces were and blushed. She tried to get away, but Myungsoo held her firmly in front of him. "Now here's your punishment," he said. He stared into her eyes before leaning in. 

Yoomi panicked and didn't know what to do. *Is he going to kiss me?* When Myungsoo's face was only a few inches away from hers, she shut her eyes, waiting for his lips to land on hers. *Don't tell me that he is really going to kiss me!* she thought. 


 

Thank you niuqi_exo and Ri_ahlimitless for upvoting! :D