3D Projector

An Inventor's Mistake

Suddenly, a figure went in front of her. She stopped feeling the rice being pelted at her, and slowly looked up. When she saw the person, her eyes widened. "Myungsoo?" she said in a small voice.

Myungsoo looked at her with sad eyes before turning around. He looked at Heajung and sent her a death glare. "What do you think you're doing?" he said menacingly.

Heajung grew scared when she saw him. He had the eyes that looked like it could kill. "M-Myungsoo-ah, i-it's not w-what it looks like," she stammered.

"Not what it looks like? What do you mean it's not what it looks like! You're clearly throwing food at her!" he angrily yelled.

"B-but she started it," Heajung said. "She tried to steal you away from me."

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. "Steal me away from you?" he asked. "Since when was I yours in the first place?"

"But didn't you accept my chocolates on Valentine's Day?" she asked. "That's pretty much like accepting a confession."

Myungsoo scoffed. "I accepted it out of generosity. Actually, I accept everyone's chocolates out of generosity since you guys actually go through the trouble of giving it to me, but now I change my mind. No matter what, I'm definitely never going to accept anything from you again," he said while glaring at her.

"Also, if you ever try to do this to Yoomi again, you're going to regret it," he said in a low growl. "Come on Yoomi, let's go." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the cafeteria.

Heajung stood there stunned, but before they left, she snapped out of her daze and turned towards the two figures that were walking away. "Kim Myungsoo, just because you're angry at me today, it doesn't mean that you're going to be like that forever! One day you're going to fall for me, just wait and see!" she said confidently. 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and continued walking. "That girl is just plain crazy," he mumbled to himself.

Everybody in the cafeteria witnessed what happened and was still staring at the scene. Haeun went over to Heajung and said, "Yah, everybody's staring at you."

Heajung looked around and saw everyone's eyes on her. "What are you looking at!" she shouted at them. They all turned back around and continued what they were doing. "Aish Song Yoomi, you're so gonna pay for stealing him from me," she said under her breath.


 

Myungsoo dragged Yoomi all the way to the front of the bathroom. When they were about to enter it, Yoomi noticed the sign. "Wait Myungsoo, we're going to the boy's bathroom. I can't go into the boy's bathroom," Yoomi said stopping in her tracks.

"Don't worry, I'm sure nobody's in here right now," Myungsoo said. He continued to walk into the bathroom as she followed behind him reluctantly. He stopped in front of the sink and turned towards her.

Once Yoomi looked into the mirror, she was surprised at the sight. Her hair was sprinkled with rice and her uniform was covered in food. "Is this what I looked like the whole time?" she asked surprised.

"Is that what you're going to say when you're in this situation?" Myungsoo asked back. He looked at her with soft eyes and carefully pulled each grain of rice out of her hair. "Why did you let them do this to you?" he asked in a soft voice.

Yoomi was shocked to see this side of him. She never saw him be this kind and caring to her before. "It's fine it's not like this hasn't happened before," she answered.

Myungsoo looked at her. "This had happened before?" he asked.

"Yeah, it actually happened a lot," Yoomi replied as her expression changed. She didn't look like the usual bright and cheerful Yoomi. "Do you want to hear the story?" she asked.

Myungsoo slowly nodded.

She took a deep breath before starting her story. "When I was 3, I started pre-school. That was when they found out about my intelligence, and I also kind of gave it away by reading a 300 paged book that I got from my dad's office," she started out.

"They decided that it was best for me to be home schooled until I was big enough to go to school with the older kids. At the age of 6, I started high school. At first I was excited, but then I met the people," she said as her face became darker.

"When they first saw me, they said that I was cute and wanted to play with me, but it all changed when they found out why I was there. I was suppose to be classmates with them and graduate with them. That was when they started to act differently. They didn't like me at all. They didn't like that a kid could beat them in all of the exams. They didn't like how I only went through 1 year of high school, but was already able to graduate," she said with eyes getting teary. 

"They started to bully me and insult me in every way possible. There was not a single time where I would look at them and they would smile at me. All they did was glare and scowl at me. I tried very hard to make friends, but they wouldn't accept me. They even went to the extent of humiliating me in the cafeteria when I gathered up the courage to go there. They were cruel, they were very cruel," Yoomi said bitterly.

Before a single drop of tear could fall, Yoomi felt herself being pulled into a hug. "I didn't know that they did that to you," Myungsoo said sadly. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He held her tighter and secured her in his arms.

Yoomi was surprised by his sudden action, but she held up a hand and started to pat his back. "Why are you sorry? It's not your fault that those people were mean," she said.

"Yeah, but something like that happened today and I wasn't able to prevent it from happening," he replied feeling guilty.

"Myungsoo, how were you going to prevent it if you didn't know that it would happen?" she asked.

Myungsoo broke the hug and looked at her. "But I should've stopped it sooner," he replied.

Yoomi gave him a smile. "It's fine, you actually helped me. When I was little nobody tried to help me, not even the teachers," she said.

"Why wouldn't the teachers help you, they're supposed to protect the students," Myungsoo said. He was angry that the teachers didn't try to help their students. After all, the teachers were supposed to keep the students safe, it's pretty much their job.

"They didn't know what to do about it. When they tried to tell the parents of those people, the parents were more worried about their children's reputation rather than them bullying," Yoomi replied. "They even blamed me for going to school with people 3 times my age. In the end, the teachers gave up and just let it happen."

Myungsoo became furious. "Man, those teachers are really good-for-nothing," he said frustratedly. "What about your parents? Did they try to help?"

Yoomi's expression turned sad again. "My mother already passed away," she replied.

Myungsoo widened his eyes, he felt even more guilty for bringing up her diseased mother. "I-I'm so sorry," he quickly said. "I-I didn't kn-"

"It's okay," Yoomi said reassuringly. "I still have my dad. He's pretty much like my mother also."

Myungsoo didn't know what to say and just kept quiet. He didn't want to risk saying anything that might bring up more bad memories for her. 

"And to answer your other question, I didn't want to bring my dad into it," Yoomi said. "He was busy enough, I didn't want to bother him with more stuff."

"But you should've asked for help," Myungsoo said hesitantly.

"It's fine, what was done has been done," Yoomi said with a sigh. "Besides, that happened when I was a defenseless 6 year old. Now that I'm older, I can actually do something about it this time," she said while a mischievous smile grew on her face.

Myungsoo knew what she was talking about and looked at her with a grin. "You've got a plan?" he asked.

"Yes, yes I do," she answered.


 

"This feels like I'm committing a crime," Myungsoo said.

"This isn't a crime, it's more like... research," Yoomi said.

They were in Yoomi's bedroom, Myungsoo was lying on his stomach on the edge of Yoomi's bed in front of his laptop and Yoomi, who was wearing her fake glasses, was sitting beside him on the floor with a laptop in front of her. 

"Hey Myungsoo, why do you have 2 laptops even though you have an office with a computer?" Yoomi asked.

"It was a 2 for 1 sale, and can you use a computer while enjoying the comforts of your bed? I like using the laptop while laying down more than sitting in an uncomfortable chair," Myungsoo replied.

"Then why don't you get a comfortable chair and replace the uncomfortable one?" Yoomi asked.

"Let's just say that I didn't want to go out and buy one," he answered.

They went back to researching about Heajung by looking through all of her social media. "You know after doing this, I'm really reconsidering having twitter now. It's so easy to stalk somebody through these things," Myungsoo said.

"It's normal, most people do this with celebrities. As long as you watch what you post, I'm sure you'll be fine," Yoomi said not looking up from her laptop. She was reading all of the posts that Heajung posted and tried to find a weakness. "The hotel was so disgusting. I'm never going to any hotel that is less than 5 stars," Yoomi read aloud. An idea then came to her head. "That's it!"

"What, did you find something?" Myungsoo asked while looking over at her.

"Look at her post, she said that she didn't like the hotel and placed a picture of it. If I can find out what hotel this is then I can make her relive the experience," Yoomi said.

"How are you going to find out what hotel that was?" Myungsoo asked curiously.

"Most people post things on-the-go so I bet that they use something mobile like a phone. Judging from when I observed your phone, it tracks your location whenever you take a picture," Yoomi said. "If I can somehow reveal the location through the picture, I can easily find the hotel." She wasted no time and got to work.

"Wait a minute," Myungsoo said as he realized something. "You went through my phone?"

Yoomi stopped in her tracks as she was caught red-handed. "Maybe," she slowly said as she looked up at him.

Myungsoo's eyes widened. "How did you even get through the passcode?" he said.

"Let's just say that it wasn't hard enough to prevent me from finding out," Yoomi said.

"Yah, that's an invasion of privacy! You can't just go through someone else's phone!" Myungsoo said.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see what the phone is like over here," Yoomi said apologetically. "You're not mad right? I even put it back together just like it was before." 

"Don't tell me that you took it apart," Myungsoo said.

"Umm, then no, I didn't take it apart," Yoomi replied.

Myungsoo sighed. "If you wanted to see the inside of a phone so much, then you should've asked me. I could've bought you one," he said.

Yoomi perked up. "Really, you'll buy me one?" she asked excitedly.

He looked over at her. "That was before you invaded my privacy by going through my phone and taking it apart," he said before turning to his laptop.

"But please, I'm sorry for doing that. I promise that I won't do that to any of your stuff anymore without your permission," Yoomi said desperately.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm 100% sure," she replied sincerely.

"Well, okay then. I guess that we can go phone shopping tomorrow," he said nonchalantly.

A happy smile grew on Yoomi's face. "Thank you Myungsoo, I'll promise that I'll repay you one day," she said happily.

Myungsoo tried to hide the smile that was growing on his face. Luckily, Yoomi was too busy thinking about technology to notice it. "Oh look, I found it!" she said.

"Really, that fast?" Myungsoo asked as he looked at her screen. There was a picture of a decent looking room with a small t.v. and a normal sized bed. "Did Heajung seriously call this hotel disgusting. It looks pretty normal to me."

"Well it is 3 stars, but judging from what Heajung wears and her post. I'm guessing that she's rich and is only use to getting the best quality of everything," Yoomi said.

"But what are you going to do to get revenge on her?" Myungsoo asked

"Easy, I'm going to make a 3d projector that can project the room realistic enough to make her feel like she's actually in the hotel. That's where you'll come in," Yoomi said.

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked. He looked at her and knew exactly what she meant. "No," he said while shaking his head. "I'm not doing that, I'm definitely not."


 

~The next day after school~

"What's this?" Heajung asked as she saw a note fall out of her locker. She bent down to pick it up and then opened it.

Dear Heajung,

Hey, I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I hope that I didn't scare you. Actually, there's something that I really want to tell you. Can you meet me in the gym? It's really important. See you there.

- Myungsoo

A smile formed on Heajung's face. "It seems like Myungsoo actually have feelings for you," Haeun said still looking at the note.

"Of course," Heajung said as she flipped her hair. "I'm too irresistible after all. What guy in their right mind wouldn't want to date me."

"So are you going to meet him now?" Haeun asked.

"Of course," Heajung answered without even hesitating. "But you're not coming with me. Myungsoo and I need some alone time together."

"Alright, then I'll guess I'll head home first," Haeun said. They part ways and Heajung happily walked over to the gym.

When she arrived, she looked all around for him. "Myungsoo-ah~, where are you?" she asked. She didn't see him anywhere and became confused. "Where is he? Is he going to do a surprise event for me? Oh he's so sweet." She giggled as she waited for him to come out. Suddenly, the place around her changed. The walls and floors of the gym changed into the walls and floors of a familiar place that she has been to before.

"What happened? Why did the gym change into the hotel that I stayed in before?" she said. She frantically looked around and hoped that this was just a nightmare. "No, I never wanted to be back at this disgusting hotel! Why am I suddenly here again!" She was about to run out when she saw something on the floor.

She looked down and saw a small cockroach beside her foot. "Eww, why is that thing here?" she said feeling disgusted. She tried to step on it, but it wouldn't get squished no matter how hard she stomped. "Why isn't this thing dying!" she yelled as she continued to stomp on it. Suddenly, the floor turned a brown color, but at the same time it was also moving.

When she realized what it was she freaked out. There was a flood of cockroaches that came out of nowhere and were running all around her. "Ahh!" she screamed in a high-pitch voice. She quickly ran out of the gym while screaming her lungs out. Once she was gone, Myungsoo and Yoomi stepped out of hiding.

"Ahaha, did you see the look on her face!" Myungsoo laughed as he pointed at the door where Heajung ran out from.

"Yeah, I did," Yoomi replied also laughing. They continued to laugh until their stomachs started to hurt.

"Okay, stop laughing. I feel like I'm going to die from laughing too much," Myungsoo said as he held his stomach, but he was still laughing a little. He was about to sit down when he noticed the massive amount of cockroaches on the floor. "Ah!" he screamed as he stood back up.

"Ahaha, you should've seen the look on your face!" Yoomi said as she laughed harder.

"Not funny, why didn't you turn it off?" Myungsoo asked.

"Sorry, I forgot," she said as she took out the remote. She pressed a button and the projector turned off. It was hidden in the corner of the gym and lucky for them, Heajung didn't notice it at all when she was there. Yoomi went over and picked it up. "I guess the plan worked." She smiled successfully at Myungsoo.

"You still have to repay me for writing that note," Myungsoo said. "You don't know how many times I wanted to throw up when I was writing it."

"It was only a few sentences, it wasn't much. It's not like you confessed or anything," Yoomi said.

"But I vowed to myself that I would never write anything to Heajung no matter what, but you made me break my vow. Now you owe me," Myungsoo said with a smirk.

"It seems like I owe you a lot," Yoomi said while sighing.

"Yup and you have to repay me back no matter what," Myungsoo said.

"I know, I'll just do it later," Yoomi said. "But are you going to get me a phone now?" she asked excitedly.

"If I get you one, you know that you'll just owe me more right?" he said. She nodded knowing fully well that she owes him a lot. "Alright then, let's go," he said.

Yoomi brightened up and started to pull him by his arm. "Come on Myungsoo, the faster we get there, the faster I can get a phone," she said excitedly.

A smile formed on his face as he lets her pull him along.


 

Hey guys! ^-^ I hope that you didn't mind the long chapter. From now on I might post longer chapters so I hope that you guys are okay with that! :)