First Day in a Different Century

An Inventor's Mistake

Myungsoo's pov:

Beep, beep, beep. I heard my alarm clock go off and woke up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as I looked around my bedroom. *Was everything that happened yesterday a dream?* I thought to myself. I changed into my uniform and went downstairs still in a daze. When I got downstairs, I could smell the aroma of food lingering around. I looked into the kitchen and saw a girl cooking. *So it wasn't a dream.* I thought.

"Oh," Yoomi said as she noticed me. "You're awake!" She went over to the dining table and placed down plates of food.

"Why did you make so much food? It's only breakfast," I asked her as I eyed the massive amount of food that she made.

"I didn't know what you would like so I decided to make a variety of things," she said as she smiled.

I felt very touched since it's been a long time since someone cooked for me, but was also very confused. "Why are you cooking for me?" I asked. "I never asked for it or anything."

"I wanted to repay you for your kindness," she replied. "And also because I didn't want to feel like a freeloader." She sat down and gestured me to come over. I walked over and sat down across from her. "Tell me if it's good or not," she said as she rested her chin onto her hands.

I chose a dish and started to eat it. My eyes widened as I took my first bite.

"So how is it?" she asked anticipating my answer.

"It's amazing!" I said as I scarfed down the food.

"I guess taking those cooking classes out of boredom actually paid off," she said.

I looked over at the clock and saw that it was time to go to school. I stopped eating even though I really wanted to finish it. "Sorry, I have to go," I said. as I got up. Before I walked through the front door I said, "Oh, and leave my house the way it is. If you touch anything, please put it back the way it was."

"Okay," she said as she walked over to me. I quickly left and went to school.

Yoomi's pov:

I closed the front door and walked back to the dining room. I looked at the food that I made and let out a sigh. "Gosh, what a waste of effort," I said. Then a smile grew on my face. "But this means that I get to eat all of this by myself." I sat down and ate everything in no time. After I was done I put all of the plates in the sink. I went over to the couch and sat down.

I sat there watching t.v. and was extremely bored. "I'm so bored," I said as I groaned. I rolled around the couch out of boredom until I accidentally fell off. "That's it!" I said as I stood up. "I can't take it anymore. There has to be something for me to do." I really wanted to work on my machine, but I didn't have any of the parts that I needed. I went up to Myungsoo's room and took a sweater and jeans.

"He wouldn't mind if I borrow some of his clothes; he already let me borrow some yesterday," I said to myself as I got changed. I went out of the house and started to walk around. When I got to the streets, my eyes widened. "Woah, look at all those cars," I said to myself. I was surprised because in my century, there were no automobiles on the ground. They all fly above and for safety, there's a barrier between the cars above and some space below so that pedestrians wouldn't have to worry about a F.C.F. falling on top of them.

I saw a light from across the street turn green and people started to walk over to the other side. I decided to follow them and walked over too. Then I started wandering again, admiring the way everything looked until I reached a store. It was a clothing store and I found that the clothes looked quite cute.

"Young lady," someone said. A middle-aged woman walked up to me. "I see that you are interested in the clothes of this store and I'm short of models, so can you help me out?"

I was really surprised when she asked me to be a model. *Me, a model? Yeah right, this must be some sort of trick.* I thought to myself. "I'm sorry, but I really don't think that I can be a model," I said politely. I started to walk away when she spoke up again.

"I'll give you free clothes!" she said. She looked really desperate, like she really wanted me to be her model.

"Can you also give me some money?" I asked.

"Yes, but you have to be my model," she replied.

I thought about it and gave in. "Okay, I'll do it," I said. The woman smiled and brought me into the shop. She gave me some clothes and told me to wear them. I finished changing and went to the woman. She smiled and said, "I knew that you would look beautiful in these clothes. Now, go outside and convince people to shop here."

I did as I was told and went outside. *How am I going to convince people to shop here? I'm only one person!* I started to smile and asked all of the people passing by to come shop at the store. Nobody seemed interested and I was about to give up. *Come on Yoomi, think. How can you make people interested in this store?* An idea popped up and I got out my phone. I played a song and blasted it loud enough so that the whole street could hear it.

"Let's get this started, shall we?" I said as I smirked.

No one's pov:

A bunch of people started to come into the store and the woman working at the store was delighted. *I knew that girl had enough charms to gain me this many customers* she thought as she smiled in satisfaction. By the end of the day, the store was wiped out of clothes as they were all bought. Yoomi came back in looking tired. "I never knew that taking singing and dancing lessons would pay off," she said as she fanned herself.

"You were fantastic!" the woman said as she walked over to Yoomi. "I've never seen that many customers in my store before!" The woman looked extremely happy. "Now for all of your hard work, I have prepared your pay." The woman walked over to the checkout table and got some money out of the cashier along with many bags of clothes. She put the money in an envelope and gave everything to Yoomi. "I hope this is enough for you, and thank you for everything."

Yoomi's eyes twinkled as she saw her pay. "No, I should thank you. This is more than I ever asked for," she said as she bowed many times to the woman. She left the store and skipped happily back to Myungsoo's house. When she reached the front door and went in, she saw a pacing Myungsoo walking back and forth in the living room. When Myungsoo noticed her, he quickly walked over to her.

"Where have you been?" Myungsoo asked with worry in his eyes.

"I went out for a bit," Yoomi replied.

"If you went out then you should've told me," Myungsoo said. "I didn't know if you somehow got kidnapped or something."

"Woah, wait a minute. How would I get kidnapped?" Yoomi asked.

"There could have been a burglar or something," Myungsoo said worriedly.

"Okay..." Yoomi said looking skeptical. "But why are you worrying so much? Would it really matter to you if I'm gone or not?"

Myungsoo also didn't know why he was worrying over her. He only knew that when he came back from school, and didn't see Yoomi there, he started to become very concerned. He stood there, trying to think of a way to change the subject when he noticed the bags of clothing that Yoomi was holding. "Where did you get those bags?" he asked.

Yoomi looked down at the bags. "Oh, this? I got it from a lady that worked at a store. She told me to become her model and paid me with clothes and money," she said.

"Oh, that makes sense," Myungsoo said as he looked at the bags. "How much money did she give you?"

"I don't know; let me check," Yoomi said as she got out the envelope. She took out the stack of money and started to count them. Myungsoo's eyes widened when he saw the amount of money that she got. *That's quite a lot of money just from modeling* he thought to himself. "592,194.95 won (587 dollars)," Yoomi said as she finished counting.

Myungsoo was shocked. "How did you--, you know what, I'm not even asking." He turned around and walked back to the couch. Yoomi went up to her room and put away her clothes. She changed into some pajamas that she just got and went down. She sat down next to Myungsoo on the couch and started to watch t.v. Myungsoo looked over at her and saw her fully immersed in the t.v. show.

*This girl sure is strange* he thought as he went back to watching t.v.


I hope you liked the update! :) And also, thank you new subscribers for subscribing!