A Shocked Myungsoo

An Inventor's Mistake

The day after that, Myungsoo was at school. He was the first one in the classroom and there was still a lot of time before the class would start. He decided to take a nap and laid his head down, burying his head into his arms. He fell asleep for a while until he heard someone call his name. He slowly raised his head up sleepily and looked to the front.

"Myungsoo haksaeng, wake up. The class has started," Mr.Yong said. Myungsoo sat up and paid attention to the board. All of a sudden, the person next to him tapped his shoulder. He turned towards the person and saw Yoomi. She smiled and waved at him.

Myungsoo's eyes widened. "Yah, what are you doing here?" he whispered.

"I was curious about school life in the 21st century, so I decided to enroll myself in," Yoomi replied in a whisper.

"How did you enroll yourself in?" Myungsoo asked.

"Oh, it was easy. I hacked into the school's system, and it turns out that the school has very low security systems. Seriously, they should have added a few more firewalls," Yoomi said quietly so only Myungsoo could hear.

"You hacked into the school's system!" Myungsoo said loudly with a bewildered look on his face.

"Myungsoo haksaeng, what is this about hacking?" Mr.Yong asked. Myungsoo looked over at Mr.Yong and realized that he said it loud enough for the whole classroom to hear. He started to panic and didn't know what to say.

"No, he said that I act like a cool Christian," Yoomi said quickly. "Seriously Myungsoo, you should not talk about religion in school," Yoomi said as she turned to look at him.

"Okay then..." Mr.Yong said as he looked at them weirdly. "But stop talking in class, it's disturbing the rest of the students."

"Yes sir," Yoomi said as she saluted him. Mr.Yong furrowed his eyebrows and turned back around. *Kids these days are getting weirder and weirder* he thought as he wrote on the chalkboard.

Myungsoo and Yoomi stopped talking to each other and paid attention to the lesson. Myungsoo was writing notes furiously while Yoomi was sitting there, feeling bored. *I already know all of this* she thought as she looked out the window. When the lunch bell signaled the beginning of lunch, everybody got up and rushed to the cafeteria, leaving Myungsoo and Yoomi the only ones left in the classroom.

"Wah, I'm hungry. Let's go eat," Yoomi said to Myungsoo.

"Wait a minute, how did you enroll into this school?" Myungsoo asked.

"Like I said, I hacked into the system," Yoomi replied.

Myungsoo processed it for a minute. "And also, how did you find out that I go to this school? Did you follow me or something?" Myungsoo asked.

"No, I just used deductive reasoning to find out what school you go to," Yoomi replied.

"But how did you know how to get here?" Myungsoo asked. "You never walked with me to school so you couldn't possibly know how to get here."

"Actually, I looked up the directions online so I was able to get here just fine," Yoomi replied.

Myungsoo was flabbergasted. "Okay, one last question. How old are you anyways, and are there any benefits of going to school here?" he asked.

"Well, technically I'm 1,0o7 years younger than you, but I have only lived for about 18 years so I'm supposed to be in this grade," Yoomi replied. "And also my birthday, not including the year, is 3 months after yours."

"Wait, how do you know how old I am and also my birthday?" Myungsoo asked.

Yoomi had on a guilty expression. "Umm, I kind of read your profile while I was enrolling so... I'm sorry," Yoomi said as she faked a cough. Myungsoo just sat there, feeling stunned. "So..." Yoomi said. "Do you want to eat lunch?" Myungsoo was still trying to process everything. "Umm, I guess you still have to process everything, so I'll just go first," Yoomi said as she started to walk towards the door.

"Wait!" Myungsoo said. He snapped out of his daze and walked over to her. "I'll come with you since you probably don't know where the cafeteria is."

"No, I know where it is. There was a small map of the school at the front entrance so I was able to remember the school's layout," Yoomi replied.

"How did you remember all of that? I wasn't even able to do that the first year I went here. I was wandering around so much," Myungsoo said.

"Like I said, eidetic memory," Yoomi said as she tapped the side of her head. Myungsoo was again feeling very overwhelmed, but also finally believed that Yoomi has an eidetic memory. "Overwhelmed?" Yoomi asked. Myungsoo nodded his head. "That's okay, you have time to process all of that at lunch," Yoomi said.

They walked to the lunchroom and Yoomi grew excited seeing all of the people there. "Wow, I can't believe I'm going to school with people my age. Wait, they're all older than me, but I'm in the timeline where these people were my age so I guess it's close enough!" Yoomi said excitedly.

"Wait," Myungsoo said feeling confused again. "What do you mean finally going to school with people my age?"

"Oh, I graduated early," Yoomi replied.

Myungsoo was, yet again, feeling astounded. *This girl sure is something* he thought as he looked at Yoomi.


I hope this chapter wasn't boring. I think I just tried to explain everything in one chapter, but being able to imagine Myungsoo looking so overwhelmed is kind of worth it. XD