The Adventures of Tiny Myungsoo

An Inventor's Mistake

Myungsoo was watching t.v. while waiting for Yoomi. "When is she going to finish working on that thing?" he said impatiently. He looked at the clock and was surprised by the time. "It has already been 5 hours, but she's still not done?"

He decided to just continue watching t.v. since he couldn't make her work any faster. "At least I get to enjoy watching from this huge screen," he said, trying to look on the bright side. The screen was the biggest that he has ever seen. The quality was even better than the one in the cinema.

"I guess being this small has some benefits," he said. There was a commercial break and he wanted to change the channel. "Here we go again." He sighed and got up. He stepped onto the button on the remote and started to jump. He jumped a couple of times before he got the channel that he wanted.

"There we go," he said as he sat back down. "I think I actually lost a few pounds from doing that so many times." He continued to watch until his stomach grumbled. "I'm so hungry," he said as he rubbed his stomach. "My poor tummy, are you hungry? I'm sorry for not feeding you," he said with a pout. He then realized what he did. "Wait, did I just talk to my own stomach? Aish, Song Yoomi, I think your weirdness is contagious."

He stood up and thought of a plan. "Now how am I going to get all the way to the kitchen?" he asked himself. He looked around and saw a part of the couch that resembled a rope. "Aha, I can just try to climb down using that thing." He went over and held a firm grip on it. He then looked down and gulped. "If I fall from here then it could mean sudden death." He hesitated for a moment before climbing down. It was a very tiring and long climb, but he was still being careful.

When he reached the bottom, he took a break before walking again. "So the kitchen is all the way over there," he said. He then felt laziness kick in. "It looks like it could be at least a mile away. Do I really want to walk that far just for food?" he asked himself. His stomach started to grumble again. "I guess that it's worth it." He started to walk towards the kitchen and at the same time, he looked around.

"Woah, everything is so big," he said feeling amazed. "If only I can take a picture of this right now." As he was leisurely walking, he started to get a bad feeling. "Why does it feel like something is watching me?" He turned around and a few feet away from him stood a spider that was staring right at him. His eyes widened as he looked at it. It was a normal house spider, and unluckily for him, it was the size of a big dog since he was only 3 inches tall. "No, this can't be happening."

He slowly took a few steps back and saw the spider slowly crawl towards him. "He won't eat me right? I don't think that I taste like any of the bugs that he likes to eat." The spider then started to crawl at a faster speed towards him and Myungsoo quickly turned around and sprinted towards the kitchen. He ran as fast as he could as the spider was chasing after him. He could feel adrenaline flowing through his body as he was literally running for his life.

When he got to the kitchen, he quickly searched the place for a hiding spot. He then set his eyes on the place under the sink and quickly ran over to it. He used all the strength that he had and tried to open the door. "Come on, open already," he said hurriedly. The door finally slightly opened and he climbed in. He closed the door and was greeted by complete darkness. "I hope that there aren't any bugs in here with me right now" he said while panting. He looked around, but he couldn't see anything.

"Maybe today is the day that I'm going to go. I never thought that I would die by getting eaten alive by an insect. If I somehow survive this then I'm totally going to kill Yoomi for putting me into this situation in the first place" he said angrily. He stayed there for who-knows-how-long, but he didn't want to go out. He was afraid of facing the giant spider again. It was certainly the scariest moment that he has ever experienced. As he sat there and waited, he heard something.

"Myungsoo, where are you?!" Yoomi yelled. "I finished adding on the button. You can return back to normal now."

Never in his life has he ever felt more relieved. He quickly pushed the door open and got out. "I'm here!" he yelled as he waved his arms.

Yoomi noticed him and walked towards him. "Why were you under the sink?" she asked.

"It's a long story, I'll explain after you turn me back to my regular size," he said.

Yoomi pointed the device at him and pressed a button. Myungsoo saw everything around go smaller and smaller as he grew back to his normal self. He smiled as he looked around him. "I'm back! I'm really back!" he said happily. He then touched the countertop and said, "The countertop isn't towering over me anymore, and look at the living room! It's only a few feet away now!" He was so happy to be back to his regular size that he didn't even notice Yoomi staring at him.

"So are you going to explain why you were hiding under the sink?" Yoomi asked.

Myungsoo looked over at her. "Long story short, there was a spider, it tried to eat me, I ran and ended up hiding under the sink," he quickly explained. "Anyways, now that I'm back." He faced Yoomi and there was an evil smile on his face. He took a few steps towards her as she took a few steps back.

"What are you doing?" Yoomi asked. She knew that something bad was about to happen.

"Something that I wanted to do for a while now," Myungsoo said with a smirk.


 

"Keep fanning," Myungsoo said as he sipped on his juice. Yoomi was holding a fan and fanning him as he was watching t.v. "Yoomi, I don't like this show. Change it," he ordered.

"Yes sir," Yoomi replied. She took the remote and changed the channel.

"I don't like this show either. Change it again," Myungsoo said.

"Yes sir," Yoomi answered, clearly annoyed. She then changed the channel again.

"Actually, I think I'd rather watch the show from before," Myungsoo said.

Yoomi stopped fanning and looked at him. "Myungsoo, this is ridiculous. Why do I have to do this?" she said angrily.

Myungsoo looked over at her. "Who was the one who turned me into a 3 inches tall little person and almost got me eaten by a spider?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

Yoomi sighed. "Me," she answered grumpily.

"Since you almost got me killed, this is a small way to compensate for what you did. Now go fetch me some more juice," Myungsoo said as he gave her his empty glass.

"Yes sir," Yoomi said as she grabbed the glass cup from him.

"And also some more ice," Myungsoo said. He then lied back into the couch and put his arms under his head. "Ah, this is the life," he said with a satisfied smile.


So would you guys want to be shrunk for a day? Seems like there are some pros and cons to it.