Chapter 7: The Fixer

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s another day and it’s another day where Jimin had woken up late, once again.

I tried to not think about it too much as I stepped onto the running bus. And even though I knew I was wasting my time, my eyes still did a quick scan to find all the seats taken, leaving me to find my usual standing spot.

And before the day can totally begin, I was starting to dread for the rest of the day. 

This couldn’t be healthy.

There has got to be a way where I didn’t have to feel like it’s the end of the world whenever I’m on my way to school. Physically, I am suffering. To be more specific, my eye bags are nearly down to my knees. 

I wonder if there is any way to make Hanbin’s god-awful eye to heal quicker. I mean, that’s the only way he would let me off, right? I looked around the bus to distract me from my depressing thoughts. People in suits were reading their daily newspaper, others falling asleep, and the some that you could tell woke up late due to them finishing up their morning routine on the moving bus. 

I wonder how that woman was putting on makeup with the bus jerking every now and then. 

And, that’s when it hit me. 

Like ice cold water on a hot summer day.

It hit me. 

Make up.

The bus slowed to a stop to let people on and others off. I held onto the bar tightly feeling the slight jerk of the bus as he pulled away from the curb. I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn’t notice the presence that found his way to stand beside me.

“Good morning, Jiwoo.”

I couldn’t even tell who it was right away with him using my actual name but also because his face was almost unrecognizable.

I gaped at his appearance.

“Looks terrible, huh?” Mino chuckled at my expression as I finally found my words.

“Just a bit.” I didn’t bother denying. His face was still ridden with cuts and discolored bruises. But, his sudden soft spoken manner made me do a double take. He was usually crass, like Hanbin. 

“Be careful.” He placed his arm out behind me to hold me as people pushed through the crowded aisle. I stood there and stared at him in shock.

What kind of situation is this?

When did we get that friendly for him to think he could touch me?

“Are you okay?” He asked after seeing the questionable look on my face. 

This is so bizarre. There is something off. Actually, there are lots of things that were off. Like, the fact that Mino is speaking to me as if we were more than mere acquaintances, him touching me, and then being nice. That’s weird.

I mean, I’m not complaining. I rather have this than being bullied. 

“…I’m fine.” I told myself not to overthink it. It would give me a headache and I already had enough things to worry about. I turned my head away from him and focused my attention out the window to see passing streets and little shops. 

“Thank you for yesterday, again.”

“No problem.” It was never happening again but…”Where are your friends?” I don’t know why I didn’t notice that earlier. 

He cleared his throat and ended up shrugging. “They decided to walk today.” 

I nodded my head. “…How come you’re not with them?” 

“Just felt like taking the bus.” He offers a simple reply and I assume his battered face had something to do with that decision. He sighs before changing the subject. “Do you have after school activities?”

I shook my head, not bothering to question why he wanted to know. “No, I don’t.” 

He nodded to himself and I watched him carefully. What is up with him? The bus comes to a stop again and he turns back to me. “See you later, Jiwoo,”

I gave him a pressed smile as he made his way off the bus. This whole thing with Mino just now was the strangest encounter I have ever experienced. I mean, there was the confrontation with Hanbin and then all the events that took place at that alleyway, but this was another category of strange. 

Yet, that was quickly pushed aside upon the sight of my approaching stop.

I had other things on my mind anyway and if it works out like the way I want it to, I may somehow free myself from Hanbin’s grasp. I dug out my phone and quickly dialed Sanghee’s number.

“Sanghee, are you here?” After getting a response, I hurriedly arrive at the front gates. Sanghee stood there, leaning back against the pole, waiting for me.

“Are you finally going to tell me what you’ve been hiding?” Her arms were crossed against her chest as she looked at me. She was unhappy and she will remain unhappy because I wasn’t planning on revealing the truth. And I may not have to, if my plan works. 

“Sanghee, there’s nothing I have been hiding.” I was getting too good at this lying thing and I would like to mention again that I am not proud of it. 

“Fine.” She casually waved the attempt aside. “I’ll just wait until you crack.”

She’ll have to wait a long time then. “Anyways,” I brought myself back into focus, “do you have makeup with you?” 

She stared at me, confused as to why I was even asking that. “Of course I do, why?”

“What’s that stuff you put on your face to conceal blemishes?”

“Concealer?” She replied as if I was supposed to know that. 

“Okay, I get it. I should have known.” I brushed aside her attitude. “Let me borrow it?” I gave her a big smile to encourage her to give it up without question.

But, that was impossible when it came to Sanghee.

“Why? You don’t wear make up.” Though she said that, she still went into her bag to find it. 

“I wanna…try it out.” I ended up saying as she handed it over to me. “Thanks, Sanghee. I’m gonna go ahead.” Without waiting for her reply, I bolted from the spot and went into the school building. I looked down the hallways but didn’t see the person I was looking for.

Yes, this time it wasn’t him seeking me out but the other way around.

I walked into homeroom to see Hanbin, along with Bobby and Jinhwan, sitting in the back. I hesitated on walking over but if I wanted this torture hobby of Hanbin’s to end, then I needed to do this. Gathering my courage, I walked straight towards them.

The three stared up at me in surprise.

I cleared my throat, waving the nervousness away as I looked at Hanbin. Find your words, Jiwoo.

“I can do something about your bruised eye.” I tried to keep my eyes from wavering as I kept our gaze locked.

“Yeah, you’re already making it up.” Hanbin replies in obviousness. “Remember to get the cold drink ready for me during lunch.” 

“No, I mean I can get rid of it.” He doesn’t say anything but the look on his face confirmed that he didn’t believe my words. “Let’s meet on the school’s rooftop during our break.” And as I walked away, I released a breath I didn’t realize I was holding. 

How bad I must have want all this to end to have done that.

Honestly, I wanted to go back to being a nobody. Someone that didn’t attract attention or having people look at me every time they see me together with Hanbin and his groupies.

So, now I hope your mind can wrap itself around my level of desperation. 

***

How this situation came to be was all because of me and I couldn’t complain how awkward it was. Since, I asked for it.

But, I couldn’t deny how surprising it was for Hanbin to agree with it.

He must be probably sick of the embarrassment the eye brought him also. 

Hanbin and I sat cross-legged in front of each other as I pulled the tube of concealer out of the pocket of my blazer. I can’t even begin to tell you how I can’t believe this is happening right now. Never would I have ever thought I would be speaking to Hanbin or even doing this to him. 

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

“What’s that?” Hanbin questions and I could sense an uneasiness feeling coming from him. And, I didn’t blame him, I wasn’t sure what the hell I was doing either.

“This.” I brought it up to eye level to show him. “This is going to take away your humiliation.” And my suffering. Jinhwan and Bobby sat on the side, watching us curiously. Getting over the fear that I was about to touch Hanbin again, I placed a bit of the concealer at the bottom of his eye.

His body jolted as I made contact and he grabbed my wrist to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter