Chapter 12: After School Surprise

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My situation with Hanbin was completely forgotten now that there was another problem concerning Sanghee. 

It certainly escalated, didn’t it?

Just yesterday, they were only gossiping and now today, her locker was ruined. 

Girls simply knew where to hit ya. 

“Are you Han Jiwoo?” 

I was stopped on my way to my locker as break had already begun. The girls that stood in front of me were ones from a different homeroom and so I hesitated on answering.

“…Yes.”

“You’re Sanghee’s best friend?” The girl in between the two folded her arms across her chest, emphasizing her already big knockers. Push-up bras are amazing inventions if I should say so.

“…Yes.” I was still unsure about where this was all going and why my identity was being questioned but I answered anyway. 

“Well…” The same girl in the middle walked up to me, closing the distance between us. Again, why do people not understand that there was a comfort zone they were crossing into? I had a personal bubble also but my feelings don’t matter. They never do. “We want to discuss some things with you.”

No.

Come on, Jiwoo. Verbalize it.

“I’m not free right now.” Close enough.

I can see that my answer wasn’t very acceptable as the girl’s face twitched. “Make yourself free.” She shrugged her shoulders, but with me already being a position where I was being pushed around, I was knowledgeable to know that this was all a bad idea.

“I won’t ever be free to speak to you.” After saying something I have never ever dreamt of saying out loud, I walked around the little group of three and didn’t look back. 

Looking back is something you should never do. 

And so far, I’m doing great.

***

Sanghee went through the day leisurely, opening her locker and closing her locker. Not at all showing that the name written on her locker bothered her. But, of course, it didn’t stop the others from gossiping. 

More rumors were created.

Some say she stole someone’s boyfriend, others said she bullied someone, and more ridiculous examples that made her worthy of that name boldly written on her locker continued to spread like wildfire.  

And not once did Sanghee bother to clear it up. She said it all would eventually go away, something bigger will happen and anything related to her will be long forgotten.

“We’re working on finding out who did it.” Donghyuk says as he sits across from us at the lunch table. “It shouldn’t be that hard, high school students can’t keep secrets.”

“I already know who had done it.” I answer while focusing on my lunch.

“Who?” Donghyuk stopped everything as his attention was quickly taken by my revelation. 

“They were three girls. I don’t know their names but I know their faces.” It didn’t take long for me to put two and two together. They were obviously the people behind that writing. Why else would they have tried to ‘discuss some things with me’?

“Are they here?” Donghyuk tilt his head up and around to see the various third years in the cafeteria. 

I followed his lead, I didn’t even think to check around myself. But, that all stopped at Sanghee’s next words.

“Don’t interfere.” She didn’t say more and we both settled down.

“Why not? They should be held accountable for their actions.” Mr. righteousness quickly blurted from his spot.

“I’ll take care of it myself.” That was all she offered and I stayed silent beside her. 

No matter how much I tease Donghyuk, he was still reliable when it came to these things. Well, whenever big guys and fists weren’t involved. 

But, I decided to honor her wishes. As long as this issue doesn’t further escalate, I’ll do what she asked.

“I’ll be back, I want a fruit.” Sanghee says before getting up from her seat. Donghyuk went after her, probably to continue to persuade her to let him do something about it. His argument? They were as close as best friends and what would he be if he didn’t do anything.

I chuckled. Boy was delusional. 

When was he included in our two-women team?

I was quickly brought back to attention when my hand at the end of the table felt something cold spilt onto it. I jerked it away to find that it was only water.

…Water, again?

I looked up when I heard an exaggerated and should I also say, sarcastic ‘sorry’.

“Oh, my goodness! Didn’t see you there.”

Well, wasn’t it Big herself standing there with some of her friends. 

Before I could give her a reply, she leaned over so she can meet my level. “Next time it will be boiling hot water. Don’t blow me off again.”

With those last words, she waltz off. As if she had not just threatened me. What a nasty girl. 

Sanghee and Donghyuk returned somewhat after but I didn’t notice them rounding the table and returning to their seats. My mind was elsewhere as I prayed this problem wouldn’t intensify. Because, there are plenty of signs that totally says it would.

But, I’m always in denial.

“You okay, Jiwoo?” Donghyuk stares at me questionably.

“Never better.” I answer without much effort before turning my attention towards the girl on my side. “Hey Sanghee, you also know who was responsible, weren’t you?” I turned my head to face her.

She shrugged. “I know everything.” 

***

Guys, it never got better. 

It only worsened (like I feared).

For Sanghee and myself. But, it was always worse for my best friend.

Some of my things would turn up missing but her belongings were always busted. I always knew what Sanghee was going through but she didn’t know I wasn’t left alone either. Sanghee may seem brash and inconsiderate but she always had the heaviest guilty conscience. If she found out that I was also receiving some bullying from her ‘fans’, she would take upon all the blame and fault. 

So, now do you see my motivation to keep it a secret?

Today would mark the third day that my indoor slippers have gone missing. It was never my fault, I’ve never misplaced it or lost it. But, I have been reprimanded the last two times regardless and Woo seonsaengnim said that one more incident and I was going to get detention for my irresponsibility.

And so, I have lied and told everyone I wasn’t hungry (which was the biggest lie of the year) and said I’ll stay back in the classroom to get work done. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter