Chapter 14: The Twisted Mind of Hanbin

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though I managed to make it to my fifth period class, I still got the side eye from my teacher – but it was all worth it. Because one of my problems was now solved.

Thanks, Yunhyeong. 

I guess the kid could be useful when he wasn’t punching anyone. 

My steps were lighter considering my mind was lighter due to one worry disappearing and I happily open my locker. Placing my books into my locker shouldn’t have been a problem but it seems, someone else had plans to make it a problem. The books in my hands crashed to the floor as someone’s hands came down hard upon them as if intending to break my own hands. 

I looked up to find – you already know it. Big .

Just so you all know, I call her Big because she wasn’t someone I wanted to find out the name for. Only because her name wasn’t worth any of the memory space in my brain. 

“Something I can help you with?” I asked, not particularly angry or anything. I just wanted her to get whatever she was intending to do done and over with. Since I, for one, had things to do and it did not involve her presence. 

So, get a move on. 

“Unless you and Sanghee can stop existing, then no.” She responds without any qualms about her actions from just before. 

“That’s kinda hard to grant.” I answered with a pressed smile. 

“That’s why I’m making it up in other ways.” Big didn’t hesitate to reply. “The more you guys suffer, the more smiles I’ll have.” 

I guess torturing has become a thing. What a terrible fad. Kids need to think of other trends. Maybe ones that will help people and not tear them down. 

“You’re a really sad person.” I allowed the words to leave my lips. It was too late to take it back and so now, I can only await the consequences of speaking before carefully thinking. 

“Then, I guess I’ll have to create more smiles.” She answers before spinning around and strolling down the hallway. 

And, I’m guessing that was her way of telling me that the torturing wasn’t going to end any time soon. 

But, I’m just guessing here. 

***

During the start of break, I stood outside the classroom waiting for Hanbin (and his groupies, since they’re like a package, you know?). Yunhyeong’s idea did hold some possible consequences, but I decided that it wouldn’t be too bad in comparison to the good that will come out of it.

But, that could just be my positive thinking.

So, despite not wanting to get involved with Hanbin earlier, I was now going to. And, I had the very ammunition to somehow have an upper hand in this. Did you think I was stupid enough to go into this without any leverage? Of course not. When dealing with Hanbin, who I have no way to overpower physically, I need to be verbally prepared. 

And, by using the great power of words, I was going to force Hanbin into a figurative contract just like how he did to me. But, I guess I’ll be more humane than him – curse my kind heart. 

The moment arrived when Hanbin was the first to step through the doorway. My presence didn’t go unnoticed by him and he stops in his steps.

His appearance made my heart jump in my chest and I barely ignored it before speaking. “Let’s go to the rooftop.” I was the first to speak and the first to turn away. I didn’t bother looking back when I heard his and his friends’ steps walking behind me. 

When we arrived, Hanbin, Jinhwan, and Bobby came around and faced me.

“Are you going to finally admit you’re wrong?” Hanbin’s words broke the silence. 

He’s got the situation switched. He was the one that’s wrong. 

“Actually…no.” I hesitated as I tried to think clearly on what I was going to say next. “I’m here to give you an offer.”

“What?” Hanbin asked, already uninterested to what I have to say. 

“I want you to keep Mino away from me.” 

“What?” Hanbin repeats his question. “You’re not in any position to demand things from me.”

“Oh yes, I am.” I gave him a smile. I already thought everything through. There will be no clashing, no misinformation, and no discrepancies to what I was going to tell him. “And, it will be on my terms. Not on yours.”

“Then, I can make you take responsibility for this eye.”

I took a look at his eye that was still lined with purple. I stopped noticing it since it has become such a common sight. But, when is he going to stop talking about his damn eye? Like, get over it. It’ll eventually heal.

Am I right or am I right?

“No, you can’t.” I denied his words.

Hanbin only looked at me incredulously and I figured it was time to give his gullible mind an explanation. I am convinced that I can trick this kid so easily with a few fancy words but I didn’t need to when I had a valid truth.

“Do you remember forcing me to keep quiet about your ‘side troubles’?” Which for reasons I still don’t know about. I receive no response to my question. But, because it is Hanbin, that meant a ‘yes’. “Well, if you don’t help me, I am going to exploit it all.” And I have a lot of things I can say – a whole list of it actually…and make up.

People wouldn’t even know. 

I’m just saying.

“Are you threatening me?” He looks at me, agitated at the direction this conversation was heading in.

It was heading in a direction of my victory and he knew he was losing.

“No, I’m simply explaining.” So nice of me, if I should say. I smacked my lips together and continued. “So, you will keep Mino away and I’ll keep things silent.” And ladies and gentlemen, this is how you give Hanbin a taste of his own medicine.

As the words registered in his mind, he could only look at me.

“Geez, she thought this through.” Jinhwan comments on the side, giving me his approval with his nods.

“Just agree.” Bobby urges Hanbin on from the side an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter