Chapter 29: Tyrant to the Rescue

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hanbin is still not at school.”

“And?”

“He’s supposed to be here.”

“I still don’t see how that’s my problem.”

I looked up at the busy body who has done nothing but busily bothered me ever since I stepped into this building. This building – the center of learning and yet, he is here interrupting my learning experience with his mentioning of a certain tyrant.

“Did you forgive him?” Bobby continued to block my view of the blackboard that held notes I needed to finish copying before break ended by standing before my desk.

“He didn’t ask for forgiveness.” Hanbin didn’t even know what he did wrong…so why would I forgive such a person. He even further blamed me for things he got himself into.

The nerve of the boy. Really.

Bobby grew silent after I spoke and kept his stare on me.

Just because he is glaring at me, it’s not going to make me feel any differently about this situation. So go ahead, just continue burning holes into my head. It doesn’t bother me one bit. If I was the Jiwoo from pre-Hanbin, I would be disturbed but right now, he was looking at the Jiwoo from post-Hanbin – nothing bothers me anymore. I’ve been through worse.

“Do you mind shifting to the left a bit?” I asked casually, my aim being after he does, I can finish these damn notes.

Instead of stepping to the side, Bobby placed both hands on my desk so that he can lean forward. “Han Jiwoo.” He called for my attention. “Do you remember what I said?”

My hand holding the pencil once again drops down lazily. “No, I don’t remember.” Complete bluff. How could I forget what he threatened to do? It was the last thing I ever want to happen. My entire world will come crashing down if the last foundation of my life crumbled –

“Your sisters will know of your relationship with Hanbin if you do not get him back in school.”

“He’s fine.” I shot back in defense. “He’s just embarrassed that his face is literally littered with bruises and cuts.” No amount of makeup could ever cover that up – but it’s not like we were going to try that failure of a plan again. Though it was a bit funny.

I didn’t know I was smiling at the humorous memory until Bobby called me out on it.

“Am I mistaken or do you actually find this funny?”

I sighed and pushed away the recollection. “Look, Bobby. You need to relax. I have no idea why you are making this into such a big deal.” 

“Why are you acting so cool about this?” He ignored my statement from before and questioned me.

“Okay, you have to know why Hanbin is acting like this.” I responded. If I figured it out then Bobby has already known since the beginning. “He feels guilty.”

“That’s why I told you to forgive him.”

“Get him to apologize first.” Seeing that Bobby was not going to let me finish my notes in peace, I took the initiative and left my desk for an empty one located elsewhere – preferably somewhere far from him.

***

God, did it take a lot of effort to avoid Bobby and Jinhwan. For once, I was thankful that we had gym class. But, not thankful of the fact that today was basketball – or should I call it boot camp training for the Falls Sports Festival. As I watched on, I couldn’t avoid thinking that the gym teacher was so much happier last week – oh right, that was because Hanbin was here and was effortlessly tearing up every sport we had to play.

“Come on! Hanbin wouldn’t do that if he was here!” Our gym teacher shouted from down the court at some student.

See what I mean?

“Geez, not everyone can be like Hanbin.” Sanghee mumbled next to me. “He yelled at Donghyuk too when he didn’t do anything wrong.”

“You’re defending Donghyuk.” I pointed out.

A mention that causes her to stiffen up. Something I found quite humorous. “Why? I can’t?” She suddenly gets defensive.

Her reaction causes a smile to form on my face. “No, you can.” I looked back out towards the court. “Our teacher just has a serious case of ‘WWHD’.”

“What’s that?” 

“What would Hanbin do.” I answered and it caused us both to laugh.

“You know Jiwoo, I spoke to Bobby and Jinhwan.” Sanghee notifies me to my displeasure. This is a bit troublesome. “They’re not so bad. I wonder why I disliked them before.”

She was sane before. “What did you guys talk about?” I wonder what brainwashing tactics they used on her. 

“Not much but Jinhwan is such a nice kid. Makes me wonder how he got involved with Hanbin.” After her blunt words, Sanghee made sure to add – “I wasn’t going to lie, Jiwoo.”

“It’s okay, Sanghee.” Even I know that. There was no need to defend her words because I agree whole-heartedly…well, about the Hanbin part. I don’t know if I would draw conclusions on Jinhwan so early.

“Team B, you’re up!” The words were shouted after the sound of the sharp whistle.

“Well, that’s me.” I gave Sanghee one last glance before running onto the court. One thing at a time, Jiwoo. Right now, you need to make sure you don’t have to make another visit to the nurse’s office. 

***

I darted my eyes over both my shoulders, trying my best to get out of the school building before Bobby could get his hands on me. Dodging him was nearly impossible and if I could just get out the door…

Safe. Partly.

I breathed out slightly since my escape was only half complete. Rushing down the pathway, I finally managed to swing around the front gates –

“Oh, there you are.” A bright voice calls out and I immediately spin on my heels. Oh, my God. “Not so fast.” I felt a hand grab onto my backpack, successfully pulling me backwards and immediately ending my attempt to run back into the school building.

I rather deal with Bobby.

Unhappily, I allowed him to pull me around to face him once more. “I have somewhere to be.” A useless effort to leave but I had to try.

“I have something to ask you.” Zino ignored my words and proceeded to talk. “Where’s Hanbin?”

“He didn’t come to school today.” As I thought about how I should get away, my eyes shifted behind Zino to see the boys that were with him. Even if I run fast enough, with that many people, they’ll corner me in no time. In the end, it’ll be a waste of my breath.

“Get him to come see me.”

“I couldn’t even get him to come to school.” Not like I tried that hard, but still. I know a failure when I see one.

“You know what that means, right? Hanbin’s girl?” 

“Not particularly.” I responded just as quick and looked down at my watch on my wrist. “Look at the time. I got to go.” Before I could move a step, Zino was already faster to grab onto my arm and pull me in the opposite direction.

“You know that’s not going to work.”

***

Don’t ask me where I am, because I don’t know. 

Don’t ask me why I’m here, because I didn’t choose to be here.

Don’t ask me why it had to be me, because those are all the questions you should be asking Zino. 

I looked around the garage-like place they were holding me hostage in. It was dimly lighted – well, let’s just say it’s the exact place you would find a gang’s hideout. Some place I wished I had the luxury to never have seen or visited.

“So –“ He started as he took a seat on a wooden chair across the green (I think it’s green) couch I was forced to sit down on. By the way, I feel so gross not knowing what has happened on this particular couch. I kept my hands on my lap to take preventative measures against touching the surrounding cushions. “I want to meet with Hanbin today.”

I looked back at him. “Then, why am I here?” I think someone’s a little confused and I think I’ll need to sanitize my uniform, backpack, and skin once I get home.

“Because you’re going to get him to come here.” A big smile appeared on his face signaling that he was ecstatic at how well this plan has turned out. But, there was one thing he has not taken into account yet.

“He won’t listen to me.” The day Hanbin listens to me is the day that I will love watching dramas with Sanghee – in conclusion, that day will never come. 

After I spoke, the sound of the heavy door opening and latching closed interrupted the calm air.

“Zico hyung.” A boy calls out as he made his way in before stopping once he came upon this little interrogation Zico had going. “Uh – she – “ Yunhyeong points at me.

Oh…it was Zico. I mean, Zino…Zico…it’s all the same.

“This is our little bait for Hanbin.” Zico beamed while motioning towards me as if he was actually presenting something. 

Yunhyeong’s eyes moved from Zico to me and I sent him a shrug. I know he told me to stay away but I didn’t exactly go and seek Zico out. Pulling Yunhyeong out of his trance, Zico tossed the boy my phone.

“Go call Hanbin.”

Yeah, that also happened. I forgot to mention. As soon as I was brought here, Zico grabbed for my phone and successfully took it from me. To be honest, it wasn’t much of a fight. 

Yunhyeong stumbled slightly before going off just like what the other boy wanted.

“Now, shall we get to know each other a bit?” Zico offered and I prevented myself from shaking my head. Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter