Chapter 33: My Words of Wisdom

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up, I found that Jiyoon was still locking herself up in her room. I mean, not something Jimin and I weren’t expecting but I think it might have gotten a little worse. Normally, her door would be open but after Friday, the door has remained shut and bolted.

I head downstairs into the kitchen after my morning routine to find Jimin sitting at the kitchen table. It seems she was waiting for me.

“I didn’t think it would have come to this.” She comments while in deep thought.

“Unnie, we both knew it would.” I broke it to her. Jiyoon didn’t seem like she was getting better so the only direction she would head in was down. I saw it coming…Jimin should have seen it coming.

“Jiwoo – “

“Unnie.” I stopped her from continuing. “I’m handling it.”

For a second, Jimin remained quiet while she allowed herself to digest my words. “…You are?” She asked in surprise.

“Uh huh.” I fill my glass with water from the fridge before sitting down at the table, across from her.

“Without me asking, you’re going to solve this issue?” Jimin asked for clarification and once more, I nodded.

“I will get Jiyoon unnie feeling all safe and squishy again.” I send a close-lipped smile in Jimin’s direction.

“That simple?”

“Well…” I thought about it a little more. “You’re in charge of comforting.” Because we both know I was no good in that area.

“I can do that.” Jimin breathes in, showing how relax she had grown thanks to my initiative to fixing this long ongoing problem. “Then I leave it to you, Jiwoo.” I watch her jump to her feet and walk out of the kitchen – I’m sure less stressed than when she first came in. 

After downing the water, I grabbed my jacket and not before long, I was out the door to meet up with my little partner. 

***

What in the world. 

“Who told you?” But as soon as the question left my mouth, my head immediately snapped to the side as I glared down at the young boy beside me.

“Wasn’t me, noona.” Jibin quickly shook his head.

“Did you think I wouldn’t figure you’d try again?” Bobby stood before us on the sidewalk – obviously trying his best to block our paths. He was alone today, I guess Jinhwan was no help to him yesterday.

I sighed. “And when I thought today would be a nice day.”

At my response, Bobby only smiled with amusement. “I can help you, you know.”

And the alarms begin ringing in my head. “No way.”

“Noona, are we really going to hide behind bushes again?” Jibin interrupts and his question puts me in a weird spot. That was exactly what we were going to do but I didn’t want Bobby knowing.

“You’re not going to catch anyone doing that.” Bobby adds on.

“And noona didn’t want to use bait.” Unlike me, Jibin was happily sharing all sorts of details with the boy before me. 

“Why not?”

“Her sister wouldn’t be able to handle it.” The young boy once again responds. 

“Enough.” I tiredly spoke out. “Using my already freaked out sister is off limits…it’s clear why we aren't doing that.” That was never an option to begin with and it wasn’t going to become one now. 

Bobby stood there silently as his eyes observed me. “We don’t need your sister.” 

“I’m glad you finally understand.” But, I had no idea what kind of thoughts Bobby was having as he stared at me – then again, when Bobby wanted to, he had no qualms in sharing his devious ideas. 

“Not when we have you.” Bobby sends me a sly smile.

Like, in this situation here. 

***

I leave the house to meet an awaiting Bobby and Jibin. God, I hope this works because this is all we have. Besides, I had high hopes for this plan. After all, Jiyoon and I are blood-related siblings. There are perks to that – what’s the use in being sisters if we didn’t have similar features for me to take advantage of. Making my way down the path, dressed in Jiyoon’s favorite jacket and shoes, I was thinking this was bound to work. I stopped in front of Bobby and Jibin outside the gate of my home and waited for the holy mastermind to speak up.

“If the guy is waiting around here, he’ll see you.” Bobby speaks up before reaching forward to pull the black cap down lower to cover my face. “Make sure to keep this down. Otherwise, we won’t be able to trick someone who has been studying your sister.” 

“Got it.” I reply before looking at Jibin. “Remember, Jibin, he shows up and you're gone.” I’m taking the time to remind him but I’m not sure if he was even planning on staying around. The kid was the type to run and save himself at the first sight of trouble. 

“This is so much better than your bush plan.” He mumbled instead and I ignored his little comment because he was just being a little hater.

Keeping my head low, I left the two boys behind and started down the street. Bobby had previously advised going down the sketchiest alleyways I can find because that’s just where trouble always lie – oh how I already know…

At the same time, I also tried not to appear like I was expecting something. Subtly darting my eyes around, I watched for anything that might appear only to jump at the sound of a sudden voice. 

“What game are you playing?” 

I spun around to come face to face with a young man I have never met before. A short description being, a college student who had a crazy look in his eyes. Ladies and gentlemen, whom we have here is a stalker. Well, Jiyoon wasn’t delusional after all. That's nice to know.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I took steps backwards away from him. The bigger the distance between us, the better. 

“I’ve seen you –“ He starts again as he steadies his focus on me. “And heard you.”

Of course he did. I inwardly groaned. Completely irritated by his words. Thanks to the fools from yesterday, my plan of inconspicuously watching for any sign of a stalker was entirely ruined by the little party they started. 

“Okay, so you heard us.” I admitted but his statement did more than confirm my suspicions. He was definitely the person my sister had been seeing. “That also means you were watching - is that a habit?” I pointed out. “So, why have you’ve been stalking my sister?” I questioned a bit too casually. If there was anything I knew about confronting stalkers – 

Which is literally nothing because I never had to deal with such a feat, I knew better than to say excessive things and not watch my tone. I was smart and I wasn’t going to instigate anything. 

“I’m not stalking anyone, watch your words.” He replied adamantly.

Well, here comes the defensiveness.

“You were watching.” I emphasized this time around. “If you were watching…and following, then you were stalking.” I simplified it for him because it seems this person is a little lost on the definition of stalking.

He suddenly takes a step forward and that in turn, causes me to step back away from him once more. I wonder where Bobby and Jibin are…also I wonder if Jibin has been long gone. 

“Either way, it is none of your business.”

“It is my business.” I responded quite fast. So fast that I didn’t even think about the words before they spilled from my lips. “You are hurting my sister and I want it to stop.” When he doesn’t take a chance to reply, I continued. “If you don’t, I will report you.” 

Well, why don’t we take a moment to think about those words? Have you heard them before? 

Of course you did! I’ve said it in the very beginning when this issue was starting and look where we ended up coming to? We made a full circle. This gets me thinking. If we had done that from the start, Jiyoon wouldn’t have ended up locking herself inside her room and fearing everything beyond the door and I, I wouldn’t be in this situation right now.

Because right now, this situation isn’t fun.

“Are you threatening me?” His face twitched at my words.

“Not threatening, I’m…making you aware of the steps that will be taken if you don’t stop.” The words left my mouth effortlessly. Never have I ever meant each word so confidently. It felt empowering and for once, I didn’t feel a touch of fear. Strange but I wasn’t complaining. 

His jaw clenched in annoyance and he moved toward me as my heart quickened at the sight.

“If you come closer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter