Chapter 32: The Start of a Ruined Plan

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think this is child endangerment.”

Despite his words, he was still standing here. Standing right in front of his school – just like what I asked him to do yesterday. Though, I can’t yet decided whether Jibin was a good listener or not if we are basing this on his past numerous broken promises. I knew better than to make conclusions.

“That’s quite a term you know.” I teasingly looked at him. “But, don’t you worry. You’ll only leave with minor scratches.” 

His mouth dropped open hearing my words. “Noona.”

“I’m just kidding.” How could he think so badly of me? “I just need your help in figuring out a way to catch him.”

“Why me? Why not Hanbin hyung?”

“I don’t want to see or spend time with your cousin on the weekends.” He has already monopolized my weekdays and besides, my part of the deal was to reveal the identity of the stalker so Hanbin could catch him. And, that is why we are here. “And since you’re so sneaky while playing pranks on people, I figure I could put your talent to good use.”

That’s what we strive to do. Use powers for good, not bad.

“But, I don’t want to.” Jibin begins to whine. It was during these times that Jibin really seemed like his age unlike the tough boy he pretended to be. “I don’t want to spend my weekend like this.”

I’ve prepared for this type of response. I truly did. “I’m going to tell Hanbin you caused trouble.”

“So, who’s this person you want to catch?” Jibin quickly composes himself and asks as if he hadn’t just voiced the fact that he didn’t want to be here. Yet, it was so natural how he did it.

“I haven’t seen him but my sister insists some guy was following her.” And that was the extent of my knowledge on this topic. I looked back at Jibin and found him staring back at me – albeit with a bit of judging. “Alright, so I know that information is a bit useless but this is exactly how ridiculous the whole situation is.” I add. 

“Then, why are we even doing it?”

“To end the stress that is plaguing my family.” I supplied a vague answered. “And, yesterday was the breaking point.”

“What happened yesterday?” Jibin questioned curiously while I started down the sidewalk.

“My sister came home in the midst of having a panic attack.” I stated after thinking of the memories of yesterday. I had never seen Jiyoon so scared but at the same time, of what, Jimin and I didn’t know. We didn’t know if it was all in her head or if there was really someone.

So, I intend to find out today.

“Jibin, where do you think a stalker would hang out?” 

The younger boy thought for a moment. ”Where did your sister last see him?” 

“Wherever she goes.” I replied nonspecifically. “But, she did insist he followed her home yesterday.” Jiyoon mentioned seeing him at the subway station and during the time she was heading home. 

“Then, let’s go to your house.” Jibin points out.

“Wait a minute.” I stopped him from going further. “This is the plan. We’ll wait around for a bit together and if he does show up, I want you to high-tail out of there.”

“Sounds good to me.”

***

“Noona, this is so elementary school.” 

“Do you have a better idea?”

“Why can’t we watch from the inside of your house?”

“Because we can’t see everything from the windows.” I thought that was obvious. “Come on, Jibin. You should know that much.”

Okay, so the reason why Jibin was already complaining is because apparently, he was too good for hiding behind some bushes in the neighborhood. Though in the end, Jibin ended up joining me to peer over the bushes upon our knees. Our eyes focused on every nook and cranny of the streets and buildings, yet, not even a shadow was spotted. If this is how the day will continue to drag on, I’m not sure what I’ll think –

“Noona, are you sure your sister wasn’t seeing things?”

Oh, wait. I do know – a complete waste of time it would be.

“To be honest, I am here because I trust she wasn’t being delusional.” I replied truthfully and it received a look from a flabbergasted Jibin. 

“So, you’re saying we could be kneeling here for nothing?” 

“It is a possibility. Yes.” I didn’t try to create an excuse. “But, you’re here to come up with a scheme and I have yet to hear any ideas. You give me one good thought and I’ll let you go.” 

Hearing an opportunity for him to leave, he jumped on it. “So like a trap?”

I nodded and hummed a response. 

“Let’s use your sister.” 

“Impossible.” Convincing Jiyoon to be bait would render her into a big shaking blob…like yesterday. I think it’s safe to say that we’ll just rely on our own skills. “Keep them coming, Jibin.” 

“You’re not making this easy for me.” He fell back to sit on the ground. 

I looked over the bush once more and again, I was met with a quiet street. No man or stalker lurking in the shadows but do you know whose eyes I met instead? Oh, this is great. Exactly how I wanted my weekend to go. 

“Jiwoo?”

I prevented myself from sighing out loud. “Hey, Mino.” Now, it wasn’t because I ran into Mino that I was starting to feel unpleasant – it was part of it but it was also because he wasn’t alone…he was with four other bodies. 

He looked from me to Jibin who was right beside me. “…What are you doing behind there?”

“…Hanging out.” I shrugged and hoped silently that he wouldn’t continue to question me or continue standing there. Maybe, he had somewhere to hurry off to. 

I can only hope.

“Then, let’s hang out together.” He sends me a smile and I figure this is what Mino meant when he said he was going to be more aggressive in his ways of pursuing me. An act that got an approval from Taehyun as the boy leaned forward to give Mino a thumbs up. 

“No.” 

See, a rejection was verbalized. But, the thing is…it wasn’t said by me. 

Mino and his boys looked over at the kid beside me. Their speechlessness was expected since they didn’t see the response coming – and more surprising, coming from someone other than me. 

It took a second but Taehyun was first to compose himself. “Hey, you punk –“

“Oh, just get going.” Jibin goes on to interrupt and casually wave Taehyun off.

I turned my head and stared at him in shock. What was the matter with him?

Taehyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter