Chapter 3: Pray For Bad Memory

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Let's assume that WInner and Team B are all the same age. I hope it doesn't ruin the story or anything but it definitely makes it easier for me LOL.

“Whoa, whoa, where do you think you’re going?” Jiyoon stopped me before I could fully finish my plan of escaping the house. To think I could leave in peace. How stupid of me.

I closed my eyes before spinning around to give her a smile. “I’m going to be late for school.”

She nodded her head, amused. “There’s no rush, Jiwoo. Last night you managed to avoid us, but not today.” She pointed at the seat in front of her at the kitchen table. “Have a seat.”

I make my way over reluctantly and pulled the chair back before sitting. “Yes, unnie?” Hopefully the talk won’t be as painful as I think it will be.

She leans forward and a grin plays on her lips. Here it comes. “Any boys?” Her cheery tone was not at all a surprise.

I shook my head. “Didn’t really pay attention.” There was the issue with Hanbin but he wasn’t in relation to what she was talking about.

The smile disappears from her face. “…So, no one caught your eye?”

I did catch someone else’s eye…and not in a good way. I pursed my lips in false thought. “No, not really.” I think the chances of Hanbin recognizing me have increased tremendously. And there is one person I need to thank.

Thank you, Sanghee.

She clicks her tongue in frustration and leans back into her chair. “You’re really no fun. Maybe you should bring Sanghee around – she seems to have more to talk about.”

I nodded my head. “I’ll be sure to, unnie.”

“Are you harassing Jiwoo?” Jimin walks out into the kitchen and gives Jiyoon a look before opening the fridge. “She’ll eventually find someone, you don’t have to beat it out of her.” Between Jiyoon and Jimin, Jimin was always the more reasonable one. Thank God. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle two ‘Jiyoon’s’.

“I’m only speaking to her, unnie.” Jiyoon defends before looking back at me. “Fine, just get to school.” She gives me a few flicks of her hand.

I have no idea why she keeps trying. She only sets herself up for disappointment.

I get up from the seat, fixing the straps of my red backpack. “Then, see you later.”

“Sorry, I couldn’t take you today.” Jimin gives me an apologetic look. “I can’t believe I overslept.”

“It’s fine. I’ll see you guys later.” I give one last wave before leaving the house towards the bus stop. Like how I expected, there were already a handful of people there waiting. I could only sigh as I made my way towards them. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.

Yet again, I am wrong. I am too positive for my own good sometimes.

It wasn’t long before I felt all parts of my body being nudged from every side. I stayed standing and held onto the bars at the top of the bus and tried my best to not fall over every time the bus hit a bump or came to a harsh stop. There was no such thing as relief. People would eventually get off at certain stops but more would come on to replace where others were standing before.

“Hey, it’s long hair!”

That definitely caught my attention. I looked to the side and noticed Mino and his gang from yesterday maneuvering down the bus aisle. You have got to be kidding me. Why out of all buses are they here using this one?

I turned back and focused my attention out of the bus’ window. Just act like you don’t see them. I repeated it like a mantra but soon the very people I wanted to ignore were standing beside me. Why does this seem so familiar? I keep attracting people that I don’t want to be bothered with.

“I didn’t know you take this bus.” He looked down at me with a smug smile. His semi-deep voice was somehow more intimidating hearing it so up close. I wonder if he’s the type to beat up girls. If that’s the case, I think I’ve gotten Sanghee beaten in the worst luck department.

“Yeah, I wish I didn’t.” I answered, not quite wanting to look at him yet. Maybe it’ll be like a friendly hello and they’ll leave me alone. Yeah, maybe.

He chuckled at my words and clasped his hand on my shoulder as he held onto the handle bar with his other. My body tenses and I tried to ignore the strong feeling of wanting to brush his hand off of me. “You missed a good show yesterday.”

I finally turned to see him. There weren’t any bruises or cuts on his face. “It doesn’t seem like there was a fight.” That or Hanbin and his boys really got their butts handed to them.

“There wasn’t.” He sighs. “That one kid was pretty desperate to stop us though, so we messed with him instead.”

Ah, Donghyuk. Wonder what they did to him.

“Long hair.” He tilted his head to have a closer look at me. “You’re not bad looking.” The more he tilted his head to look closer, the more I turned my head away from him. I know there was no choice to be close to each other on this cramped bus but this was beyond uncomfortable. But as soon as I turned my head to the other side, I came face to face with another member of his group.

“Hm, she’s kind of pretty, Mino.” He nodded contently.

“Well, the magic of makeup I guess.” A weak chuckle left my lips before I faced front again.

Their presences were making me so conscious. I felt surrounded and it was as if I had a thousand pair of eyes concentrated on me. I cleared my throat and tried to make myself focus on something else.

“Long hair, what are you doing today?” Mino rested his head on the arm that was holding onto the bar. “Want to have some fun?”

They’re not the type of crowd I would ever be hanging out with and I honestly didn’t want to break the news to them. I looked up after noticing the familiar street out the corner of my eye. “Oh, look. It’s your stop.” Maybe God is on my side after all.

He followed my line of sight and smacked his lips together. “I guess I’ll catch you later, long hair.”

I wanted to tell him to stop calling me ‘long hair’ but then I realized that’s better than him knowing my real name. I gave him a pressed smile and watched him give me one last glance before making it out of the bus with the rest of his followers.

Should I take the earlier bus next time? Or I can just pray Jimin doesn’t oversleep again.

***

“Geez, Donghyuk. Why didn’t you dodge?” I took one look at him and could tell he must be sore in some spots. His scratch-free face from yesterday now had a few light bruises, but nothing major. “Was this really on your list of responsibilities?” The job of the Student Council President didn’t seem so appealing anymore.

But then I thought, what a shame that I missed the show Mino was talking about earlier.

He onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter