The talk

In the hall

"Weve talked about this over the years...he really doesnt seem to care"

"I know dad, is just...I dont mind him not wanting to have friends, the fact that we dont know what is he thinking is what worries me the most"

"Yeah, me too. But Im afraid that conversations like the one that you had with him earlier might make him close to us too and then we wont relly know anything else about him anymore"

"I know, but we should try"

Kyungsoo listens and feels sad. His father and his brother are having this talk again: the "Kyungsoo might be crazy" talk. Kyungsoo is a sensitve soul, he likes to show that he is bad (which he is not but he likes to think he is) but he is not and when he feels like the people he cares the most about feel wronged by him, he gets worry and sad. But, about this he doesnt know what to do. When he is with people his age he feels bored, he doesnt understand what they talk about, they talk about boys or girls, games, parties, he doesnt know anything about that and he already knows from experience that people dont give a about the chess club or chess in general, or about Exo, his favourite kpop boyband.

He is worried because his father has done so much for him, he adopted him when he got married to his mother and then when she left, he agrred to have custody of him, he gave him a house when his own mother didnt want him, so he wants to do anything to keep that man happy. Maybe he could throw some fake smiles here and there and ...invite Baekhyun? He sighs...why is he so dumb?

-------------

That monday at school Kyungsoo migh or might not tone down his behiviour and treated better his team colleagues, after all what Joonmyeon said was true, they are the only ones that "hang out" with him, also the thought that Jongdae heard the "Kyungsoo hates chineses" rumor and is believing it makes him uncomfortable. Probably he should ask and set the record straight.

"Hyung?", both Baekhyun and Jongdae stoped and turned around. Ok is this a joke? Is Kyungsoo calling one of them or the both of them hyung? What is going on? Baekhyun dumbly pointed at himself.

"No, Jongdae hyung"

"Jongdae hyung?", Baekhyun said dumbly and poited at Jongdae.

"Me?"

"Yeah, yah! Whats wrong with you?"

"Whats wrong with me?", they werent paying attention, Kyungsoo sighed.

"I wanted to ask you something"

"What is it?"

"Do you think I dont like chinese people?"

"Oh my God! He is really talking about the big elephant in the school?", Baekhyuns diva was hitting. Jongdae crossed his arms on his chest. got real.

"Ive heard that, but I guess you should tell me"

"I dont hate chinese people. I dont know what makes them think that"

"Well, if we go to 'the list' (of bad school kids), I can safetly say that seventy percent are chinese", Baekhyun pointed out.

"Youve seen them, you know who they are, you both know that they are a pain and always misbehave!"

"Yixing ge doest misbehave", Jongdae said. So is about Yixing. "Why is he on your list?"

"..."

"Exactly", Jongdae starts walking away, Kyungsoo doesnt want to talk bad about his boyfriend.

"He makes pranks on school hours, now he doesnt anymore but he use to, thats why he is on my list"

"Why is Zitao on your list?", Baekhyun asked.

"Because him and Oh Sehun are always ing it up! You know that!"

"But like him! Why is he on your list?!", Baekhyun was sounding like Joonmyeon. "Can you relax? You know, that you are talking about this Im gonna be honest with you", when a phrase starts like that it can never be good. "People dont like you because...well many reasons, but the fact that they think that you are a xenophibic is not helping, I have many chinese friends whom I respect and love, and while I think that you are...especial, I cant help to think that you are shady too with this whole thing", Kyungsoo doesnt know what to do, he can go arround kissing all the chinese students, he just want to kiss one!

"I dont know what to say, I already said Im not a xenophobic"

"Look Kyungsoo", Jongdae spoke again. "...you dont have to say anything. We are not friends, you dont own me anything. You can go thinking whatever you want. You dont have to convince me of anything", but he was convinced of something already. Jongdae walked away, Baekhyun gave him a disaproving look and Kyungsoo couldnt stop the pain he felt.His father wasnt gonna be happy. Damn!

---------------

The week went by just as awkward, Kyungsoo didnt say much after that and neither did his team mates. They were awkward, borderline hating on eachother.

By the end an event that he didnt espect took place, something that he had forgotten, how could he? Anyway he did. It was friday night and his brother was on the mirror.

"Where are you going?", his brother stopes looking at himself to check him out, head to toe.

"You are not ready yet?"

"Ready for what?"

"Today is Zitaos birthday"

"What?!"

"Yeah Yifan is about to pick me up. If you hurry we can go together, Baekhyun and Jongdae will be there", yeah as if they want to see him.

"I...I wasnt invited"

"So? You didnt invite him but still came and gave you a present"

"I should return the courtesy?"

"Yes Kyungsoo..also thats totally how kids your age talk like"

"I have to take a shower and change, you go ahead and Ill be there later", Joonmyeon looked at him, he didnt believe his brother, he went out of the bathroom.

"Dad! Can you drive Kyungsoo to Zitaos later?"

"Yeah sure!"

"Ok, so its done, you better be there in an hour", he warned.