In the wait

In the hall

He just became a father of two children, like ten minutes ago. And in any time, he might lose everything. Zitao doesnt know what to do now, like right now, what to do? An hour ago he was having fun with his friends at a bar, he let Kyungsoo go to the bathroom (how many minutes was that?), and suddenly he is here. At the hospital and everyone that he has ever loved might die at any moment.

How does a persons mind understand such situation.

Ten minutes ago the doctors came out of the operating room to tell him that they could take the babies out but are checking on them now.

Two girls, he is the father of two baby girls now. This is not how it should be, he should be proud and happy and not here, praying that nobody gives up on him, that none of three decides to leave him.

He cant do anything but cry, he cries even if he doesnt want the tears wont stop falling. He feels a hand on his back, is mister Park. Junsu is beside him, Zitao cant even look at the man, he has failed him so many times. He was suposed to take care of his son and his grand kids, but yet he is here and he doesnt even know what the hell happend.

-----------------------

"My boyfriend is here,,,ugh...", the pain almost didnt let him talk. "My phone...is", the girl grabs his phone from his pocket and asks him who is his boyfriend, whats his number, another girl goes to the bartender and tells him to call and ambulance.

"Are you Kyungsoos boyfriend?", he hear the girl ask. And then another voice.

"Kyungsoo!", is Jongdae. He comes to his side and hold his back.

"I dont know what is happening to me....", is then when starts to cry, he is afraid for his babies. The people keeps gathering around them.

Its two seconds, but when Zitao finally arrives, he is pass out. Jongdae cant answer Taos questions, they ask the girls but they got there he was already on the floor clutching at his belly.

In the ambulance Tao tells the medics everything he knows about Kyungsoo, the medication he takes, how was that day, what were they doing before the incident. He tells them, and is the truth, that he didnt have contractions or labor pain this morning (he talked to Kyungsoo twice before pick him up at night), that he was fine.

----------------------

A doctor come out and calls for Kyungsoos family. Junsu and Zitao, are the first to stand up, then they are followed by Jonnmyeon and mister Park. They are informed that Kyungsoo suffered a , he tells them that his brain hasnt been working well, maybe since the begining of the pregnancy. He has signs of demage.

Everyone is surprise, Kyungsoo never showed any sympthoms, but then the doctor tells them what are the things he was supose to be having and yes, he had them, just that they thought it was do to the pregnancy. The vomiting, the numb muscles, the memory lapses, they just atributed all to the preganancy or to the stress for the pregnancy. His doctor couldve never seen that, he never looked for neurological problems.

All that came to this night, and his head basically exploded. The doctor tells them that now Kyungsoo is in a coma, that this is a process for the brain to recover. That he might wake up at any minute, he is not braindead yet, but he might take more time to wake. It is a crucial time for Kyungsoo, they have to see if he can recover from this damage. He advises them all to be prepared. He tells Tao to focus on his babies, they have more chances to live.

-----------------------------

Zitao sits back and he feels numb. By his side he can hear Yixing tell something to Jongdae in chinese. Tao understand him, "stop saying that", he would like to know what is going on but he doesnt have the strength to ask and then he hears. "But it is my fault", and he cant help to ask. He does it in chinese so not to scare the rest of the family.

"Whats your faul?"

"I left him for a moment", Jongdae laments.

"There was no way of knowing gege"

"No, I was angry at him"

"What? Why?"

"We came across your ex in the bathroom. She told him that you were a criminal, that you...", he looked at Yixing and went to sit near Tao. "That you a boy with his name on highschool...", Tao froze and shut his eyes for a moment. "I...is it true? It was you?". That niht will never let them live right?

"I...didnt...know what I was doing..I was to drunk. I just...I found out the details when we starting dating. Back in high school he told me that we ...did it...but...", he sobed, he is always at fault for everything bad that happens to Kyungsoo? Jongdae doesnt have it in him to repremend him he just hugs him and lets him cry. He still cant understand what kind of relationship is that, but now is not the time to ask. "Jongdae I love him with all my heart...I dont want to lose him. I have to make it up for all that", he cried harder.

----------------------------------

Its been three hours already and he still cant see Kyungsoo. But another doctor comes to ask him if he wants to see his girls, he nods. He needs hope and he thinks that they can give that to him.

A nurse shows them to him from the other side of the glass, she smiles at him, but he cant stop crying.

They are the smallest human beings hes ever seen. Pink and chubby, but really small. They have Kyungsoos lips for what he can see and maybe, also his chubby cheeks. Pitch black hair and eyes closed really tight. They are both in incubators and they are connected to tubes. Is not what should be happening to his babies. He can see them breath and that, somehow, makes him happy. When Kyungsoo wakes up he is gonna be so happy to see them.

When Kyungsoo wakes up...