In the hall

In the hall

When Kyungsoo woke up he found his brother and Yifan wraped in a blanket on the floor, by his bed. He smiled sadly and walked out of the room in the search of Luhan and Minseok. He found them both, curl up in the bed that Minseok was using and had to swollow a giggle.

He walked down the stairs, the house was semi clean. His friends helped to clean before leaving last night.He wants to make a nice breakfast for everybody who is looking after him.But he also knows that he has to do something else. When he finishes and realizes that nobody is geting up, he takes his phone and types.

"Meet me at the park in the corner of my block", the fast reply comes righ away.

"Be there in ten"

------------------------------------

"Hyung...", Zitao greets breathless and visibly ty.

"Hi", Kyungsoo sais quitely.

"Hyung...Im sorry...I just... I swear I didnt...I never..."

"Its ok...really I...I was there and I know that you, well, werent you...but I still, I still suffer a lot. I..."

"Ill do anything to make better, just tell me what to do", Zitao was about to cry.

"Can you turn back time?", Kyungsoo smiled sadly at him, with equally teary eyes.

"Im sorry, I cant...", Zitao whispers between tears.

"I just want everything to be the way it was before...can you...can we be like that? Just two kids at a school with some friends in commun? Two kids who didnt even talk to eachother?", Zitao gulped.

"Do you think ignoring eachother as we use to will solve anything?"

"Nothing can be solved...but I would feel better like that", Zitao thinks that is not so much that he wants to take the time back as much as he just want him to leave him alone for ever. And Zitao will do just that, whatever Kyungsoo wants, just that.

"Ok, I can give you that. But know that...anything else that you need of me, anything, I will give it to you, just ask", and Kyungsoo thinks that, no, Zitao cant give him what he really wants, so he stands up and leaves.

-----------------------------

"Oh my god Kyungsoo!!!!", Joonmyeon also fainted at the sight of his brother. "Where have you been?! You left your phone here! I almost died!", Kyungsoo hugged his brother.

"Im sorry, I went to buy moka bread. Hyung likes that right?"

"Yes sweetheart, but you should have told us..", Minseok said.

"Im sorry you were all really sleep, I didnt wnt to bother you anymore...I already did a number last night so..."

"No baby, you dont have to do anything, just ...stay save ok?", Kyungsoo noded.

----------------------------

And after that, well things started to get on the right track. Zitao did as he was asked and started to treat Kyungsoo the way he use to, just a small nods as greetings and pretty much zero contact with him.

Kyungsoos life started to change, his golds changed and he became more open about his feelings and more tolerant about other peoples feelings. By the end of the year, he was already going out with his friends even after clases. He made a mental to note to try to enjoy everything that happend to him, enjoy his parents, his brother, his friends, love himself.

But even when the years started to pass and Luhan and Minseok had to come clean about their relation, with much resistance from his uncles and much welcome from Luhans parents, even when he told his parents that he wasnt going to study marketing and the he wanted to be a music teacher. Even then his heart couldnt totally let go of Zitao.

He found himself again tip toeing on the window of the gym to see Tao fly and there were still times when he just would glance at him with longing eyes.

Zitao never spoke to Kyungsoo again, not beyond social ettiquete. The boy was all small bows and small nods, just as Kyungsoo wanted.

The years went by and Kyungsoo finally made his own group of friends and just when Zitao was starting to become the (bitter) sweet memory of the first love, he decided to talk to Kyungsoo again, it wasnt a long chat it was just...

--------------------------

The graduation ceremony was over and Kyungsoo was walking to the bathroom when a hand pulled his arm. Sudendly he was just trapped between Zitao and the wall.

"Sorry to bother you...I just...Congratulations hyung", he said shyly.

"Thanks Tao".

"I...I wanted to give you this", the boy took out an envelope and gave it to his hyung. "Congrats...again...See you...", he let the words linger in the air as he walked away.

--------------------------

"Dear Kyungsoo hyung:

Maybe because I was to young, or maybe because I was to ashame, I could never bring myself to thank you for what you did for me.

Im sorry that I was never man enough to come clean for what I did, to come foreward and take care of you the way that I should have. Thinking back, now I think I shouldntve accept your offer to 'take thing to the past' and I shouldve be there with you as you healed, because I kind of needed you too, to forgive myself.

I could never forget what I did and I kept watching you all this years. Im glad that you started to smile again. I think now that maybe you never needed me and that was fine too.

I dont know what I want to say anymore, is just that I know that a 'thank you' is not enough, and neither an 'Im sorry'.

I just wanted you to know that I will never forget you and what you did for me. I will be a better man and I wish you to find the best of men because thats what you deserve.

Thank you again, hyung. And know that, even though I dont have the courage to tell you this in person, you are the best man I ever met.

Take care.

Tao"