The student

In the hall

All Kyungsoo could think is that he was right, he was mothering right: the card is the key to Huang Zitaos heart. He was genius, in more than one way.

The days after the "caffeteria incident" had people talking all over the school, but he had anything to be worried about. The mornings in the hall were full of work, with the upcoming party all the couples that had invited each other were in the receses doing things they shouldnt do at a school. Damn hormones.

Him and his team had been separating people and he had been calling names, much to his colleagues shame. But the middle of the week was the cherry on top of a fantastic moment. Thats when God made a call, well it was the principal, but to Kyungsoo it was close.

As soon as he entered mister Zhous office he saw a dejected looking Zitao.

"Come in please. Have a sit", Kyungsoo did as he was told. "Well I call you because I know that you have the highest grades on Korean and Zitao here is at the opposite side of the scale, so I propose you to tutor him. Do you think you will have the time?"

"Of course"

"Itll only be for this week, Zitao has an upcoming test, he just needs some points", then Zitao spoke in chinese, unaware of the fact tha Kyungsoo understood very well, just he didnt have the courage to speak it a lot. Zitao said: "Mister, can Kim Joonyeon tutor me instead? He has the best grades too right?"

"Is there any problem with him?", meaning Kyungsoo and sounding displeased.

"He is mean sir", the principal sighed. Yeah Kyungsoo could be uptight but he is a good kid, he was sure.

"Zitao is not polite to talk in a language other people dont understand, plus you need to practice your korean. Anyway, this is arranged. Kyungsoo you tell me if Zitao doesnt go to your lessons, ok?", Kyungsoo nodded and tried to not look sad at what Tao said.

-------------

"Well Huang, with these grades we better star now...", Kyungsoo said as he checked the grades chart.

"I can go to your house if you want", really? He wants to come to his house?

"Ssure, yes. Ehm...", he grabed a piece of paper. "Here is my..."

"No, is ok, I know where you live", he does? OMG! O.O

"Ok, see you there then..."

"Yeah...whatev..", Tao said walking away and finally Kyungsoo could smile like a mad scientist (again).

--------------------

He was trying really hard to not freak out. Zitao asked him to give him an hour to go to his house and tell his parents that he was going to tutoring lessons. It was a good thing, Kyungsoo had the time to put some order in his room, make his bed, change himself, put some perfume to...everything. Arrange his desk...

"So should I prepare something for your friend?", mister Park asked.

"Would you?"

"Sure. Do you know what he likes?"

"I think anything is fine", mister Park leaves.

"So whos this friend thats coming, is Baek?"

"No, and is not a friend. Im tutoring Huang Zitao on Korean"

"Oh really? He is the sweetest person, dont be mean to him ok?", well is the second person that tells him this today.

"Im gonna teach him, theres no time to be nice nor mean"

"Kyungy, relax a little, Zitao is a good boy. Maybe this could be your chance to make a friend", this happens from time to time: his brother treats him as if he was crazy and/or a problematic kid. He is not!

"Why would I want to be friends with one of the most troublesome kids of the school? And with low grades to top it all", Joonmyeon look defited, but when the bell rings and Kyungsoo bursts out of his room, he tinks that maybe his brother can be saved.

------------------

As espected, Zitaos hight immediatly goes forgotten in favor of his good manners and, like Joonmyeon said, sweetness. After they pamper him some time Kyungsoo comes into the conversation.

"Well lets go to my desk so we can study", he is sort of ordering.

"Can we stay here instead?", he whines so cute.

"Oh, but Kyung prepare a really nice place for you to study up in his room", mister Park comments and Kyungsoo wants to kill him, so he doesnt know if is anger or embarrasment whats making his cheeks red.

"Yes he has!", his older brother beams.

----------

So ok, is not like Kyungsoo is some unreasonable guy, he listens to people and reflects if he is critisized (sort of), anyway since the very Zitao said that he was "mean", he is trying to act as cool as he can right now, you know be the cool teacher. Zitao seems very concentrated on his studies.

"You are doing really well on your calligraphy", he praises.

"Thanks", he saia dryly. Kyungsoo wants to ask why he doesnt like him, but is pridefull so he doesnt, he wants to win his heart, like the people in all the movies based on the Jane Austin books. He found out that Tao thinks he is a romantic so he wants to try that aproach.

He wants to know more about Tao and this is a once in a life time chance, so he drops questions here and there as he corrects Taos work.

"So you do martial arts?"

"Yes youve seen me in the interschools championship", he kind of snorted. Ok, next question.

"And you use to do that in China?"

"Mhm...Is it ok?", yeah he wasnt having any of it.

--------------

The first class wasnt a complete disaster, it wasnt romantic or anything either. If someone else was watching, they would say that it , but not Do Kim Kyungsoo, for him it was awesome and he couldnt help to go to bed with a smile on his face and dream of pandas, kung fu masters, Hero, The house of the flying daggers and of course, Tao.