Better like this

In the hall

Kyungsoo plays with the girls as if he was one of them. But he still gets really nervous when they start to cry he doesnt know what to do and it makes him want to cry too.

"Please dont cry", he pleads to both of the babies because if one starts the other follows. Mister Park comes to the room and they all hear him when he is walking up the stairs.

"Whats happening my little angels?", his melodious voice make the twins turn a little and look at the door. "Hey! What is going on? aww, come here", he picks up one of them Little Chicken is the one that cries the most. When he looks at Kyungsoo, he sees his eyes full of tears too. "Honey what is it?".

"I cant make them stop crying. I dont even know why they do it", he says frustrated.

"Oh darling. Babies are like that, you have to guess", he smiles. "Sometimes they are hungry, sometimes they need a change, others they are just angry or they want to be cuddle. Is not a big deal. also this two will soon start to tell you in your face whats up with them. Aint that right Panda?", he asks the baby and makes her laugh. She answers with a "Bah!".

---------------------

Kyungsoo doesnt understand the world yet. Everything is to much for him, to much. There are times when he just wants to go to sleep. There are so many things he has to remember. Remember how to prepare the bottles for the babies, remember to give them only the soft part of the bread and no, they cant eat sugar coated cookies. You have to sleep with Zitao, he is your husband. Remember to be a husband. Remember where the are, where you left the right foot one, remember where you left your underwear after the shower. Remember to close the fridge after you use it, the babies can reach there now and grab bad things. So much to remember.

Who is that tall guy again? Yeah,,,Se...Se something, like that guy from school? No, he is the guy from school, yes! "Oh Sehun", he says out loud.

"Yes sir?", he asks playfully and Kyungsoo blushes when he realises that he has spoken. Sehun smiles to him. Joonmyeon and Sehun are in the house to acompany (babysit) the girls and Kyungsoo, Tao will come later to pick up the babies. Kyungsoos parents are out in the comunity center.

"Baby did you needed anything?", his brother asks, he shakes his head. The hyung and his boyfirend exchanges looks. Then big brother kisses his baby brothers head.

"Hyung he just likes the sound of my name", Sehun teases again, Kyungsoo blushes again.

Just on time Zitao comes and Kyungsoo runs to the door.

"Remember your shoes!", Joonmyeon shouts as his brother sprints out of the house with a big smile. He gets to the porche in time to see Tao catch Kyungsoo in a hug and lift him because he is only wearing .

"Aw, well hello to you too", Zitao says as he manovers Kyungsoo. "I missed you too", he walks to the house and puts Kyungsoo down when he enters but his fiance doenst want to let go. "What happend? Are you shy now?", Kyungsoo shakes his head on his boyfriends chest and whispers something. "What did you said? Eh? ...Who?", and Kyungsoo turns around and points at Sehun. "Oh Sehun!", Zitao starts to scold.

"I didnt do anything", the culprid lifts his hands in surrender.

"Stop teasing my baby, he doesnt like it and he doesnt like you!"

"Oh my God you just broke my heart in a million pieces!", he grabs his chest and starts to stumble on the living room. The babies giggle and so does Joonmyeon, so does Kyungsoo.

-----------------------

Diner goes well among jokes and chating. Its time for Tao and the girls to go home. Kyungsoo feels like he wants to go with them but Tao is to tired to take care of all of them now., so he doesnt say anything. He helps him put the girls in the car and kisses their cheeks goodbye.

"So what do you want to do this weekend? You comming right?", Kyungsoo nods and watches Tao take the wheel. "Come here I have to go". Kyungsoo gives all the turn until he is in front of Tao out side his window. He shyly tiptoes and kisses him on the cheek. "Come on baby, you knkow what I want", he says and opens the door. Kyungsoo looks around. "Nobody is watching", Tao whispers to him. He pecks his lips, but his fiance doesnt want that either. "Please, like I taught you the other time", Kyungsoos face goes red, probably his ears too. He doesnt have much time to feel embarresed because Tao is already biting his lips and them. "Open a little baby", Tao says. He is a ert, Kyungsoo thinks. The kiss ends with a victorious smile on Tao and Kyungsoo feels good because he thinks that he did something right. Then his family drives away.

His family, is the first time that he thinks of them like that. Not like Tao and the babies, but his family, at pair with Junsu, Mister Park and Joon hyung. "My family".

"Yes, thats your family", Joonmyeon tells him and he realizes that he has done it again.

-------------------------------

The weekend find Tao and Kyungsoo making pasta in the small kitchen of the aparment as the girls take a nap. They are having fun even if Kyungsoo knows that is something more to remember.

"Now we put the water to boil", Ziato says and Kyungsoo follows his every move with his big eyes. "And wait", he takes Kyungsoos hand and takes them to a chair, where he sits him on his lap. "You are so pretty. Did you know?", he kisses his nose, Kyungsoo denies with his head. "You are very pretty, thats why our babies are so beautiful", Kyungsoo hides in the crock of his neck, Zitao cradles him.

-------------------------

In the afternoon the four of them play games and then the parents get to bathe the babies. Kyungsoo loves to do this and know very well how to do it, he even chose the new perfum that the girls are using all by himself when they went to the supermarket earlier. He is proud. The girls look like little dolls after their father dresses them, Zitao chuckles at the sight and takes pictures of them, that later he sends to everydoby.

Just a moment later they go to the park they play some more until the girls start to get annoyd because they are tired. The elevator door opens to let pass one baby with a tantrum. She screams like a cat thats dying and squirms in Kyungsoos arms.

"Wait a secon baby", Tao says as he tries to get the door code.

"Hey baby what is it?", Hen Li comes out of his aparment and walks to Kyungsoo who already feels uncomfortable. "What happend?", he tells her after saying a general hello. The baby stretches her arms to him. "Aw, come with uncle", he tries to get her but Kyungsoo gives a step back, Hen Li stops, but the baby cries harder. It makes Zitao turn around after he manages to open the door. He gives Little Chicken to Hen Li and goes to take Baby Panda from Kyungsoo. They dont notice but they move automatically together to enter the apartment. Hen Li keeps cooing at Baby Panda. Kyungsoo watches them and enters behind.

"Kyungie did you said hi to Hen Li?", he doesnt answer and goes straight to his room. Zitao doesnt know what to make of the situation and sighs. "Sorry I dont know...what was that"

"Dont worry", Hen Li waves at him. "I think somebody needs a change", he wrinkles his nose at Little Chicken.

"Oh! Thats why you were crying so much", Tao says and takes her to her room. Hen Li follows. Is all so natural, it sounds natural, like something that happend before, that happends all the time. Even if his head is not working well, Kyungsoo can tell.

Then he hears hush voices, they are talking. "Kyungie are you gonna have diner? Come on, we have ice cream for later!", Tao says but Kyungsoo gets mmore angry.

"Im not hungry!",he yells. Zitao sighs in the other room.

"Sorry, he is never like this, He wasnt like this. Im sorry. Ill go see whats up with him". He founds Kyungsoo under the covers. "I dont think this behaviour is acceptable", he tells him, he doesnt get any answer. "Kyungsoo".

"Im not hungry", he repeats from the bed.

"As you wish. But Im gonna call for a pizza, just so you know", he almost convinced him.

"Not hungry", Zitao sighs for a third time.

"Ok, do what ever you want", he says and closes the door.

"Dont be so harsh", Kyungsoo hears Hen Li tell him. "Remember he is sick", he is not sick.

"Is not a excuse. Everybody is doing everything for him to comfortable", it hurts.

"I think I will go. Maybe he doesnt like me".

"Dont go, I dont want to eat alone. Later I will deal with him. I need to be among grown ups you know?", Kyungsoo hears the steps walk away.

---------------------

Zitao has the hall door close, but Kyungsoo knows that he is still there. They laugh and wont stop talking. He gets up and goes to spy, he opens the door a little and slowlly. They have their backs facing him so they cant see. They are with  the babies in the living room carpet. They are all gigles.

"I thought they were tired", Tao complaints.

"Dont worry we will get there, they will fall asleep here, like always", like always. "Right baby? Yes, yes...", he coos.

"Endi!", the baby says.

"Yes thats Endi", Zitao says and they laugh. My family. No, they look like a family. A real family.

Kyungsoo goes to bed thinking. He doesnt, he cant remember what kind of relationship he and Zitao had before all of this, he really cant even imagine, how, what they use to do. But he knows that he cant give that to Zitao now, nor to the babies, even if all of them are asking him to. He cant, is too much for him. Just to much. What can he teach the girls? He can even take care of them properly, he cant be a father now. He rubs his belly and touches the ceasection scar. He cant even imagine himself pregnant. And there, behind the door, on the other side of the wall theres Hen Li, a smile ready and a pair of usefull arms, unlike his own arms. He looks at his bare feet hanging from the bed and he feels like leaving, leaving them in peace, just going away. What would they need him for anyway. So he stands and puts his jacket on and his snickers, he remembers that theres an emergency stair outside in the balcony and that the window of this room goes to the balcony.

---------------------

Hen Li helps Tao to put the babies to sleep and then he says goodbye. Tao goes to the bathroom and then to his room. He takes a deep breath before opening the door. The first thing that hits him is the cold wind. What the hell? He turns the lights on and...no Kyungsoo, theres no Kyungsoo, the window is open so he goes to check the balcony, he is not there. He calls him out, he checks the closet, under the bed, he goes back to living room and there, the second thing that hits him. Kyungsoo is not here.

Kyungsoo is gone.