We Are Not Together

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One and half year later

 

            “Alright baby, Daddy has to go to work.Come to Mummy.” The six months baby girl exchanged hands. The little baby whine as if she don’t want to be apart from the Daddy.

 

            “Aww..Daddy want to spend my time with you too but Daddy has important duty today. See you at night okay?” The father soothes and kisses her soft cheeks.

 

            “You should go now, Mike. You might be late.” Pie reminds him as she glances to the clock. It strucks 8.30 a.m and Mike has to arrive at the police station at 9.00 a.m. The traffic in Bangkok isn’t really flow during this peak hour. He won’t manage to arrive on time if he come out late.

 

            “Yeah, you’re right.” Mike also looks to his wrist watch. He walks first and Pie follows from behind, heading the main door of the villa.

 

            “Would you come home for lunch?” Pie asks to him as he put on his black shiny shoes. He is so neat in his police uniform.

 

            “I don’t think so. I have an important duty today.” He smiles to Pie and then diverts his gaze to his beloved daughter. She is so cute just like her mother.

 

            “Okay.” Pie nods knowingly. She hands the bag that Mike always bring to his work to him.

 

            “Pie, are you alright?” Mike asks. He senses that Pie didn’t talk that much this morning like she thinks too much in her mind.

 

            “I’m fine.” Pie assures him. The biggest lie that Mike can always figure out because she really don’t know how to hide her expression and feeling.

 

            “Do you still thinking about her?” Mike tilts up Pie’s chin so that she could face him.

 

            “What are you talking about? Today it is enough of one and half year she left me. Why should I think and care about her?” Pie scoffs sarcastically. She looks away from Mike’s gaze.

 

            “You said you don’t care about her anymore but you count the days she left you.” Mike said half smiling while shaking his head. Pie can’t tell him lies.

 

            “You’re going to be late.” Pie avoids to answer him any longer. Lucky that the time is running leaving them. Mike really could be late to his work.

 

            “See you at night. Call me immediately if you need anything.” Mike reminds her and walks fast to his car. Pie just nods her head, signalling that she got what Mike told her.

 

            “Let’s go baby. We’ll spend our time together.” Pie said to her little baby as Mike’s car slowly fade away from her gaze, leaving the villa’s yard.

 

The villa’s living room

 

            “You woke up a bit early today, sweetie.” Pie said. The baby girl watches her intently with her big eyes. When Pie touches her cheeks and it delights her. The little baby is learning how to roll over right now. Life is about to get messier!

 

            “Mummy is so lucky to have you. Do you know Mummy loves you so much?” Pie talks to baby and surprisingly the baby seems understands what she is talking about when she let a soft chuckle as response to Pie. This baby is really smart.

 

            “Thank you for bringing a happiness  and replaced all frown in my life.” Pie murmurs softly as she keeps observing the face of the little baby. How she wish, the baby is her daughter with Kim but the fact she is not.

 

Meanwhile at the other side of the world..

 

            “We’ll go back to Thailand in another few hours.” A young lady peeks up to the tom beside her as they sit adjacent to each other at the airport, waiting for their departure time.

 

            “Yeah.” That tom responds without looking to the lady beside her. The shades that covered her eyes making it hard for the young lady to trace what the tom looked to.

 

            “Are you  nervous?” The young lady notices that the tom keeps crossing her fingers and sometimes blew her warm breath as if she is trying to warm her hands.

 

            “A bit.” The tom glances to her and smiles.

 

            “Everything will be alright.” She tries to comfort the handsome girl.

 

            “I hope so.” The tom flashes her faints smile or most likely a fake smile.

 

            “But you have to ready to accept any possibilities.” The young lady adds after her. The tom drops her gaze to the floor. Everything keeps playing and disturbing her mind.

 

            “Do you think Pie will accept me back?” The questions suddenly blurted out from which caught the young lady to lock her sight to that tom.

 

            “I don’t know too. It has been one and half year. Things might change.” The young lady sighs. She don’t know how she should tell her the right answer. Whether Pie wants to accepts her back or not, she couldn’t tell it. She is not Pie.

 

            “Mean, what if Pie already have someone else?” The other guessing that came out from the tom’s mouth made her  more to not know how she would answer her.

 

            “You have no choice rather than to move on, Kim.” Mean grabs her hands and squeezes them lightly just enough to tell that tom that she is always stand by her side.

 

            “She must be really mad at me or hate me that much.” Kim mutters nearly couldn’t be heard.

 

           “It depends on how you would explain everything to her.” Mean just shrugs and releases a deep sighs as she lost her words to answer Kim.

 

            “I think we should move now.” Kim said to Mean. Mean quickly checks their tickets. They’ll departure in any nearest minutes. It going to be a long flight hours  from USA to Thailand.

 

The Next Day

 

            “Kim, are you sure you want to meet Pie right now?” Me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter