The Second Chance

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim and Pie are in the car where Kim is driving Pie home from Aunty Inn’s Bistro.

 

           “Sniff. Sniff.” The air inside the car was filled with sweaty smell. “Did Kim still went to the gym? I wonder if she really went to gym? Should I ask her about it? I am so curious but I don’t want to talk to her. What should I do? I want to know where was she going just now.” Pie is struggling with her ego and her curiosity.

 

            “I’m sorry with my sweaty smell.” Kim realised how Pie’s face expression changed. She might feel uncomfortable with it.

 

            “Just come back from gym and pick you straight away.” Kim says while her  right hand reaches out to the control button at her side, turning down all four  windows of the car.

 

            Pie just nods her head knowingly. Still she don’t want to talk to Kim. “Does she has a special ability to read other’s mind like Tiger too?” Pie thinks herself.

 

            “You seems happy tonight. Any interesting stories that you want to share with me?” Kim never tired of finding a way to make Pie talk to her.

 

            “No. It’s nothing.” Pie lies. “Actually yes. I just met the right prince charming for me.” Pie says in her mind.

 

They remain silent along the journey to Pie’s house. Kim seems so deep in her own thought while Pie throws her sight anywhere but not Kim.

 

            “Okay. Here we are.” Kim stops her car which caught Pie’s attention and broke her reverie.

 

            “Pie, do you know the 21 letters of the alphabet?” Kim asks to Pie as she removes her seat belt.

 

            “Huh? There are 26 letters.” Pie stares to Kim wierdly.

 

            “Oh! There are 26! I always forget U, R, A, Q, T.” Kim grins teasingly to Pie.

 

            “Huh?” Pie can’t process it immediately.

 

            “Heh! Bluek!” Pie sticks out her tongue and rolls her eyes in disgust to Kim as soon as she gets what Kim meant to her earlier.

 

Kim chuckles in respond cause Pie’s reaction was so funny.

 

            “Stop it!” Pie’s face turns red. She don’t know why she blushed that much.

 

            “Okay my cutie.” Kim covers . Hiding her teasing smile.

 

            “Thank you for the ride.” Pie thanks Kim and pushes open the door quickly.

 

            “Pie wait!” Kim grabs Pie’s right arm before she could get out of the car. Pie was startled with Kim’s sudden action and that made her bounces back to her seat.

 

            “What?!” Pie glares at her with a sharp look. Kim releases her grab from Pie’s arm.

 

            “Pie, err..Go out with me? This Sunday?” Kim stammers. Pie’s death glare can kill her anytime.

 

            “Huh?” Pie raises her eyebrows, wearing a confuse look on her face.

 

            “Actually I’m asking you for a date.” Kim says confidently now.

 

            “What?” Pie pretends that she didn’t understand with Kim.

 

            “Please Pie. Give me a chance just to be with you? Spend our time together?” Kim pleads and clasps her hands as if she is praying.

 

            “But...”

 

            “Please Pie.” Kim locks her ‘full of hope’ eyes to Pie.

 

            “Alright...” Pie sighs. She deserves that chance.

 

            “Yes!” Kim lifts up her hands like she just win a first place.

 

            “Thank you Pie. I’ll pick you at 9.00 a.m. Now, go and get inside your house. I’ll fetch you as usual tomorrow. Sleep tight!”

 

Before Pie enters her house, she glance back to Kim. Pie sees Kim moves and shakes her body as if she is dancing happily inside the car. Without her notice, she slowly curves a smile on her angelic face to see Kim’s funny action.

 

 

Sunday

Pie POV

Today is the first time for me to go for a date with Kim. I mean, go for a date with my new sight. I wonder how this day would be? Where Kim wants to take me to? Perhaps she is going to bring me to the places where we used to go and I’m so excited to see those places with my own eyes. Now, I’m choosing the most suitable attire for me. What should I wear? It’s not that I want to impress her,but I want to look good. At least I’m presentable. I put a few dresses and blouses on my bed. I need to weigh a lot which one is the nicest clothes to be wear. At last, I decided to wear a light blue sleeveless blouse, matching with a black short skirt. Shoes? Oh yeah my shoes. We might walk a lot today so I choose to wear my black wedges. At least it’s more stable and comfortable than high heels. I don’t want to wear my flat shoes. I’m short. Now, where is this Kim? It’s almost 9.00 a.m and she doesn’t show up yet.

            “Pon! Pon!” Pie knows Kim has arrived out there.

 

            “Wow! Really on time.” Pie says in amazement as she glances to the clock. It  strucks 9.00 a.m. Sharp!

 

Pie heads downstairs. No one home again. Mom and Dad went to the tample while Alice, nowhere to be seen. That naughty kiddo always missing in action.

 

Pie locks the door and walks to Kim’s direction. She is waiting for Pie right beside the car.

 

            “Let see, I know she will say that I’m beautiful.” Pie thought as she steps slowly to Kim’s side.

 

            “Morning Pie. You look beautiful.” Yeah! Pie is right.

 

            “I know.” Pie acts cool. She sees Kim hides one of her hands at her back.

 

            “Trust me, she will hand me a bouquet of flower after this.” Pie smirks on thinking that.

 

            “Lets go Pie?” Kim opens the passenger’s side door for Pie.

 

            “Huh? No flower? Okay! I’m wrong.” Pie pouts and drags herself lazily to hop in the car. Kim closes the door and heads to driver side.

            “What a coincidence, we wear the same colour of clothes.” Kim grins from ear to ear as she alternately changes her gaze to her shirt and also Pie’s blouse.

 

Pie looks to Kim. “Oh my! How come I didn’t realise it earlier?” Her eyes are wide open. Shock.

 

Kim is wearing a light blue outerwear shirt which left , matching with white fit T - shirt inside. She knows how to pick the right combination of the pants  to her shirt  as she wear a yellowish khaki. What makes her looks more attractive is her hair. Today, she spike her hair which turns her image to be like she is a real boy. So handsome!

 

            “I’m going to get a change.” Pie pushes the door on her side wide open.

 

            “Hey, for what?” Kim manage to stop Pie. She seems confuse with Pie’s sudden change. Instead of answering Kim, Pie tries to set free her wrist from Kim’s grab.

 

            “Okay. Okay. I know it. I’ll remove my outer shirt.” Kim quickly takes off her outer blue shirt and throws it to the back seat. Now, the only piece of clothes that left on Kim’s top is her fit white T – shirt.

 

Pie stares to Kim with her disbelief face. “Oh my God! She looks so hot without that outer shirt!” Pie screams inside her heart but it’s more like she is so thrill as if she just met her favourite  celebrity.

 

            “Good.” Pie’s mouth tells the opposite thing. She folds her arms and looks away. Kim just shakes her head and drives her car, leaving the neighbourhood area.

 

 

            “Here we are!” Kim says cheerfully as she park her car at the parking site.

 

            “Come princess. Today is our day.” Smile never leaves her face because she is just too happy.

 

            “Hey Kim, put on your outer shirt back.” Kim is so surprise to hear that.

 

            “I thought you don’t like it when we wear the same colour of clothes?” Kim  grabs her shirt at the backseat and wear it.

 

            “You look with that fit white T-shirt only.” Pie glares to Kim and get out of the car. “Do you think I will allow you to have that HOT look in public? Never!” Pie thought. “Hey! Why do I sound like a jealous girlfriend?” Oppsy, Pie is so confuse.

 

            “?” Kim scratches the back of her head that isn’t itchy. This princess is so weird today.

 

            “It’s better for me to follow her order. I don’t want to ruin this perfect day.” Kim whistles happily and fixes her hair for the last time. “So handsome.” She winks to her own image in the  mirror.

 

 

Inside the mall

Kim and Pie walk side by side but Pie keeps the distance between herself and Kim. Neither holding hands nor having a physical touch to each other. For the first time she can see the mall with her own eyes. There is one shop that caught Pie’s attention. She reads the name of the shop. The Box. By seeing the name, you know that it sells any kind of boxes. The shop was a labyrinth of high shelves stuffed with colourful boxes of different sizes and shapes. Pie observes everything and she notices, the mall is so crowd with youngsters, couples and families.

 

Pie starts to feel uncomfortable when everybody (especially girls)  keeps staring at them as they walk down the pathway. She looks to herself  if there’s anything wrong on her appearance but she found none. Pie follows the gaze of the people and finally she realised that everybody (especially girls) are actually looking to Kim.

 

            “This cannot be! I must do something to stop them from staring Kim.” Pie thought. What happen to Pie now? Is she jealous with those stares and gazes of the girls.

 

As they walk more futher into the shopping mall, Pie starts to cling her arms around Kim’s.

 

            “Oh my God! Pie holds my arm.” Kim hides her smile from Pie. Deep inside herself, she is jumping happily with Pie’s action.

 

            “Do you want to watch a movie? Kim asks to Pie and at the same time she takes the oppurtinity to hold Pie’s hand tighter. She interlaces Pie’s fingers with hers.

 

            “It’s up to you. I don’t know.” Pie scans around if there are any ‘annoying’ stares from any  girls  around them. Pie smirks when she caught a disappointed face of one of the girls.

 

            “Lets watch Maleficent.” Kim says and drags Pie to queue up in the line.

 

Along the way to wait for their turn, Kim tells Pie a brief hints of the story that they are going to watch.

 

Pie learnt that Maleficent is a live – action re – imagining of Walt Disney’s 1959 animated film Sleeping Beauty. The film potrays the story from the perspective of the antagonist Maleficent starred by Angelina Jolie. And of course there’s gonna be Princess Aurora. The sleeping beauty.

 

  

            “Two tickets for Maleficent please.” Kim says to the lady of the ticket counter.

 

            “Which row do you want to have cute couple?” The lady smiles on saying that.

 

            “I’d prefer that 7th row and also the middle side.” Kim decides.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter