Answers to Yam's Letter

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dear Pie,

I don’t know how to start this but I think I should say my apologize to you for the first thing. Pie, what has happened previously was a misunderstanding. It is indeed true, Kim and I were once a lover but it was our past. I admit that my return here was to win Kim’s heart back but I came too late. Kim already has you. It was really hard for me to accept it first. How does it feel when the one you love is in love with someone else? It’s a living hell. Because of that, I even had an intention to kill you. Pie, please forgive me. I have always wanted to tell you this but I have no gut to do so. I was the one who poisoned the apples at the park. Yes, I am the witch and I am really bad. The karma has already found its way to get me back. I hurt people and I got my punishment. My illness, it’s torturing me and the fact is I’m dying. My cencerous cells had spread dengerously and the worst part was I also had an infection in my liver. I know, no girl like another girl flirt with her lover and what’s more if her lover care for other girl but trust me Pie, it has nothing to do with Kim cheats on you. She  just commiserated with my condition. There’s no such things that you thought  she still love me. Maybe yes, she loves me as a good friend but not a lover. Kim loves you. She loves you more than she had ever love me and I envy you for that. Cherish and treasure it Pie. Please forgive her and forgive me too. Don’t blame Kim for her action.  Put the blame on me because I was the one who was so wrong of longing her love and care in my deathbed.  By the time you read this letter, I might not be on this world anymore. Let me rest in peace, Pie. Please forgive me for all my wrong doings and thank you so much for accepting me to be your friend. I’d always appreciate your kindness towards me. Before I end this letter I beg to you Pie, please come back to Kim. She needs your love to survive as a normal person.

 

                                                                                                                                                                       Yours sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                                                         Yam.

 

 

It has been a week since Yam left this world and within that period, Pie doesn’t know how many time she has reread the letter from Yam. She is clueless. There’s something bothering her mind. The last line of Yam’s letter, begging her to come back to Kim. What does she mean by Kim needs her love to survive as a normal person? Pie can sense there’something wrong with it and today, she will make a move to find out the answer for her curiosity.

 

            “Why must I do this?” Pie asks to herself as she walks down the street of her neighbourhood area. If you remember, she needs to walk out a little bit from that area to get any public transport. Pie decided to go to Kim’s apartment.

 

            “I need to find an answer for this.” Pie quickens her pace as she sees a taxi is heading to her way. She spreads her arm as if she is trying to stop the taxi.

 

            “Where are you going miss?” The taxi driver asks to Pie as Pie hops into the passenger’s seat.

 

            “Here.” Pie hands a little piece of paper to the taxi driver. It has Kim’s apartment’s address written on it.

 

 

            “Miss we are here.” The taxi driver’s voice breaks Pie’s reverie. Seems like Pie really spacing out along the way to Kim’s place.

 

            “Thank you.” Pie says as she takes out a few nots from her handbag and hands them to the taxi driver.

 

            “Most welcome Miss. Have a nice day.” Pie can hear it even though she has slams close the door.

 

Pie walks along the corridor until she reaches Kim’s unit. It’s located at the fifth floor, door number two and ten steps after the fire exit as Pie always remember. She stands rooted to the ground, hesitates to enter the house.

 

            “KTIK.” Pie finally unlocks the door after several minutes of thinking whether she should enter the house or not.

 

            “Kim?” Pie calls out as she walks to the living room. She scans around and notices that the house is neat as always.

 

            “Kim?” Pie calls Kim again when she gets no response from that tom.

 

            “Perhaps she is in her room.” She starts to make her way to Kim’s room.

 

            “Kim?” Pie pushes the door of Kim’s bedroom and steps in. Pie hears a gentle gurgle of water from the bathroom.

 

            “Oh, she’s taking her bath.” Pie heaves a sigh of relief.

 

            “What is this?” From a distance, she sees that one side of the wall of the bedroom seems different. Pie comes nearer to the wall.

 

            “Oh my godness.” She is utterly surprise to see what her eyes laid on. There are a lot of her pictures and Kim’s stick to the wall. They are countless and if you could ever imagine it, the pictures can make up another wall inside the bedroom. The pictures were taken since Pie was still blind until the day when they broke up. All pictures have their own stories and Pie didn’t know that Kim captured every moment of theirs.

 

            “KTIK.” There’s another sound of the door being unlock. Kim might has finished taking her bath. Pie turns her body to look to Kim and...

 

            “AAAHHHH!” Pie screams out of her lungs and covers her eyes with her hands when she figures out that the person who just came out from the bathroom is not Kim.

 

            “Oh my God! Your deafening scream is killing me.” The person finally speaks up after Pie stops screaming.

 

            “May I help you miss?” The person asks her. Slowly Pie uncovers her eyes and she found that the person already wear a T – shirt to cover his upper part.

 

            “I’m sorry. I think I’d enter the wrong house.”  Pie apologizes to that person and walks sideway just like a crab in order to leave the room. She hungs her head low as not to make any eye contact with that person.

 

            “No – No –No. Are you looking for Kim?” The person stops Pie’s movement by blocking the bedroom’s door.

 

            “Yes.” Pie nods and peeks up to look to the person face. She found that the guy is so handsome too. Just like Kim.

 

            “Miss, you’re not entering the wrong unit. This is still Kim’s apartment. Could you please wait at the living room first as I get my clothes?” The person opens the door for Pie, gesturing her to leave the room in a gentleman manner.

 

            “Okay.” Pie quickly makes her way to the living room as she feels so shy towards the guy.

 

 

            “Here’s our drink.” The person puts three mugs of tea on the coffee table. Pie looks to the person with her questioning face. “Why must be three when we are the only people here?”

 

            “The other one is for my girlfriend. She’s on the way here.” Pie is so startle when the person suddenly said that to her. This guy can read her mind?

 

            “So, you’re Pie?” The guy asks to her when the moment turns awkward. Pie rarely talk to guys and she doesn’t know how to have a conversation with them.

 

            “Hmm..” Pie nods her head and still doesn’t dare to look straight to the guy’s face.

 

            “Hello.” A lady’s voice greets them from the front door. Both of them diverts their gaze to the lady.

 

            “There she is.” The person quickly jumps out from his seat and approaches the lady.

 

            “Where is she?” Pie can hear that the lady is asking to the guy. Most probably that “she” refers to her.

 

            “She’s waiting at the living room.” Their voices get nearer and Pie knows they are heading to her waiting place.

 

            “Hi. Glad to see you, Pie.” In no time the lady sits beside Pie and great her in a friendly way. Pie was so startle with her sudden action. Does she knows her?

 

            “Hi.” Pie fakes her smile to the lady. It’s so weird. Pie doesn’t know who are these people but it seemed like they know her well.

 

            “She’s so cute.” The lady glances alternately to Pie and then to her boyfriend.

 

            “Hmm..” The guy nods his agreement and smile. “Wow! He has a charming smile.” Pie thought.

 

            “My name is Jane.” The lady introduces herself to Pie.

 

            “And this is my girlfriend, Zee.” Jane points to the guy.

 

            “Girlfriend?”Pie says it out loud. She doesn’t manage to control of saying such thing.

 

            “I knew it. You must have thinking I am a guy.” Zee chuckles to see Pie’s reaction.

 

            “It’s okay. I’m used to it. Besides, it really convincing that I am so handsome.” Zee winks to Pie and she combs her hair using her fingers when she stressed her saying on HANDSOME.

 

            “You’re so conceited.” Jane pinches Zee on her waist.

 

            “By the way Pie, Zee is Kim’s cousin.” Jane explains to Pie when she notices Pie is so blur with the situation.

 

            “Oh.” That’s the only response that come out from Pie’s mouth when she knew the reason of their existence here, in Kim’s apartment. Pie only knew that Kim has a cousin, but she never met the person. By any chance, they meet today.

 

            “What’s bring you here Pie? Kim is not here.”Zee asks to Pie as she takes her seat across Pie and Jane.

 

            “I need to know about this. Perhaps both of you can help me?” Pie hands Yam’s letter to Zee.

 

Jane switches her seat and  sit beside Zee to look to the letter. When Zee unfolded the paper, they read the content together.

 

 

            “What do you need to know Pie?” Zee sighs as she put the letter on the coffee table.

 

            “What does Yam mean by Kim needs my love to survive as a normal person?” Pie locks her eyes to both Zee and Jane in order to let them know that she is really serious with that matter.

 

Zee is not directly answering her question, instead she throws her gaze anywhere but not  to Pie. Jane in the other hands, looks to Zee as if she is trying to encourage her girlfriend to explain everything to Pie.

 

            “Pie, what I am about to explain to you is kinda complicated. You’ll have to listen to me carefully.” Zee’s tone is serious while Pie is so nervous.

 

            “I’ll make it short and understandable.” Zee adds before she start.

 

Zee POV

Flashback

 

I don’t know what has happened to both Pie and Kim yesterday until the birthday’s celebration was cancelled. Kim asked me to help her and as her close cousin, how could I say NO to her. My puzzled thinking finally answered when  I got a call from Yam. It was about midnight by the time she called me. I was so surprise to know  that Kim and Pie broke up yesterday. Yam explained everything to me and it came to my knowledge, everything happened because of misunderstanding but that one didn’t shocked me that much. What made me chocked to death was, Kim proposed to Yam. It wasn’t the right thing. I can feel there’s something wrong it.

 

Based on what Yam told me, this is what really happened in the night when Kim proposed to her.

 

             “Apittha Kluidom, will you marry me?” Finally Yam hears the propose that she supposed to accept seven years ago from Kim.

 

            “Yes.” She nods her head as the tears of happiness cascade down her sunken cheeks.

 

            “HAH! HAHAH HAHAHAH!” Kim cackled like crazy.

 

            “Kim?” Yam was utterly startled with Kim’s sudden change.

 

            “Did you just say YES?” Kim stared to Yam with her psycho gaze.

 

            “Kim...” Yam started to feel uneasy.

 

            “Will you stay by my side and won’t leave?” Kim pulled Yam’s head until their forehead touched. The only way to describe Kim’s gaze is.. DESPERATE.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter