The Untold Story

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yam POV

My whole body numbed. I can’t move any muscles of mine. The throbbing pain rushed so strongly to my abdominal part. I felt as if my body was going to explode. My legs grow weak and then I lost my balance at the parking area. I heard Kim called my name but I was unable to answer her. I know Kim is the one who toted my body and carried me back to the hospital. Now,  we are in one of the room in the hospital. Kim is sitting beside me and I can feel that her eyes are all on me. I didn’t dare to open my eyes to look to her. I bet she knew everything now. The doctor must has told her about my disease but it is not the matter that bothering my mind. There’s another secret that I have never told her and now she found it by herself.

 

 

Kim POV

I can’t believe this. What’s really happening here? My conversation with the doctor still echoed in my ears vividly.

 

#Flashback

            “Doctor, what happen to Yam?” I asked him as soon as he finish checking Yam’s condition.

            “May I know what is your connection with the patient?” The doctor questioned me back.

            “My name is Kim. I’m her close friend.” I said to him. I need to know why Yam be like this.

            “Ms.Kim, please follow me.” He sighs and and heads to the door. I guess he wanted to talk to me at his room. And it’s true. Finally we enter the a room. I read the name on the door. Dr. Beam.

            “This patient, Ms.Apittha Kluidom right?” He put a folder on his desk. I can see there’s a picture of Yam on the document.

            “Yes.” I answer him. That’s Yam’s real name.

            “I bet, she didn’t tell this to anybody yet.” The doctor flipped the document without looking at me.

            “What do you mean doctor?” I was overwhelmed in anxiety.

            “Two weeks ago, she came here, undergo some medical check up and several tests.” The doctor starts. I held my breath. My instinct told me that it gonna be a bad news to hear.

            “She suffers colorectal cancer or colon cancer for short.” The doctor put the result test in front of me. I lose my words. The fact that he told me strike my heart like a thunderbolt.

            “How is her condition?” My voice is shaking on asking it to him.

            “Colorectal cancer can be present for several years before the symptoms develop. As for Ms.Apittha’s case, her disease was a bit late to be detected by the patient. She has a right colon cancer. The right colon is spacious and cancer of the right colon can grow to larger size before they cause any abdominal symptoms.” The doctor paused and looked to me as he was asking me if I am ready to hear his futher explanation.

            “Typically, right – sided cancer cause iron deficiency anemia due to the slow loss of blood over a long period of time. Iron deficiency anaemia causes fatigue, weakness and shortness of breath.” The doctor stopped.

            “Is there any way to help her doc?” I asked him right away. I think I can’t hear any further information. It makes me scared.

            “Of course. She must undergo a surgery to remove the cancerous colorectal polyps.” I feel relieve that her illness can be cured.

            “But, if the cancerous cells have spread to the other cells of organs of the body, she might has a thin hope to be fully cured.” The doctor’s last words made me utterly dumbfounded.

            “Ms.Kim, you should contact her family member as soon as possible. Can you help me for that?” The doctor’s voice caught my attention and broke my reverie.

            “Oh, her family is not here, they are all in Australia. But never mind, I can contact her fiancee. I think he is here.” I gave my assurance to the doctor. After that, I excused myself. I need to call Mario.

 

I went back to Yam who is still lying helplessly on the bed. Pity Yam. How come you didn’t tell me about this matter? I grabbed her phone and browsed her contacts. Finally I found Mario’s number. I used my phone to call him. I called him for many times but he didn’t pick up any. I glanced to my wristwatch. It is still office hour. He might be in meeting or what so ever. I give up. I sat outside the room, brought  myself to relax for awhile. My problems with Pie haven’t settle yet and now come another serious problem to my life. Wait? Why should I care about Yam? She is another person’s fiancee. He can take care of Yam not me.

            Suddenly my phone rings. I looked to the screen. Mario called me back.

            “Hello. May I know who is this?” He asked me when I picked up his call.

            “Hello. Sorry for disturbing you. My name is Kim. Yam’s old friend. You’re Mario right?” I said to him.

            “Oh yes. I am Mario. May I help you?” He is so kind and polite. Yam is so lucky to have him.

            “Mr.Mario, your fiancee now is in hospital. Could you please come here and talk to the doctor?” I felt so heavy to tell the bad news to him. I know he must be sad so I decided not to tell him straight away.

            “Mr.Mario?” I called his name as he remained silent for a quite long time.

            “Oh Ms.Kim, my fiancee did told me that she want to go to the hospital today and I talked to her just now. She is alright and nothing happen to her.” I started to feel something strange to him.

            “But Mr.Mario, it’s true. Yam, your fiancee fainted at the parking area.” I told him what really happened this afternoon.

            “Wait Ms.Kim. Yam? Yam is not my fiancee. Yes, once we were forced to be engaged but we called it off in a good way.” I felt like my heart stopped beating on hearing that. What happened here?

            “Oh. I’m sorry for that.” I ended the call immediately. I don’t know what to say. I was so confused.

#End of flashback

 

           

            “Yam.. What is really happening here?” Kim talks to Yam who she think still unconcious on the bed. She didn’t know that Yam has regain her conciousness.

            “Yam, open your eyes and talk to me.” Kim sighs and burries her face to the bed. She really confuse with the situation. Yam heard that but she still hesitate to face Kim.

            “1,2,3,4,5,6,7.” Yam inhales deeply.

            “Kim.. Where I am?” Yam says

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter