Stubborn Pie, Determined Kim.

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week or more Pie stayed at home after the surgery. She thinks it’s a right  time for her to get back to work as her new sight is now fully adapted to the environment.

 

            “Oh my, where is my handbag?” Pie mumbles alone while looking for it around her room.

 

            “Hey sis! What are you looking for?” Out of nowhere, Alice appears behind her.

 

            “My handbag.” Pie answers short.

 

            “Eh? How are you supposed to be here?” Pie turns her body as she realised that Alice is home.

 

            “What kind of question is that? Of course I’m here. It’s my room too.” Alice drops her body to her bed and her shirt. Today is so hot!

 

            “I mean...”

 

            “Oh, I know it. Pie sissy, I’m usually come home at this hour. Don’t you realise that?” Alice turns her gaze to her sister. She finally knows what Pie meant to her just now.

 

            “Oh.” Pie nods slowly.

 

            “Your handbag is there. I hang it at the back of the door.” Alice says while pointing her index finger to a wardrobe.

 

            “Thank you.” Pie smiles and makes her way to the wardrobe.

 

            “Where are you going?” Alice looks to her sister from head to toe. Seems like Pie is going somewhere? Alice admits that her sister is beautiful. Pie is so stunning and radiant even though she just wear a simple blouse and skirt.

 

            “Work.” Pie says while fixing her clothes.

 

            “I’ll go first.” Pie quickly makes her way downstairs as she knows that Alice will ask a lot of questions to her.

 

 

            “Mom! I’m going to Aunty Inn’s Bistro.” Pie tries to spot her Mom at the living room but it comes to her surprise when she sees her father instead of her mother.

 

            “Dad? You’re early today?” Pie asks in disbelief. She comes closer to her father who is reading a newspaper while sipping his coffee.

 

            “Huh? I usually come home at this hour Pie.” Dad glances to his wristwatch and turns his gaze to Pie who seems so surprise to know that he’s home.

 

            “Owh, what happened to me today?” Pie scratches the back of her head and grins stupidly to her father.

 

            “Pie honey don’t make that face. You look ugly.” Mom comes out from kitchen while carrying a tray of snack. Pie knows it’s for her Dad.

 

            “You’re late honey. Look, what time is it? You usually go for work earlier than this.” Mom shakes her head to see Pie’s confuse face.

 

            “Oh..I see.” Now Pie knows the reason of today’s wierdness.

 

            “Do you want me to send you to work?” Dad offers to Pie. He is ready with his car’s key.

 

            “It’s okay Dad. Kim will drive me to work.” Pie informs her Dad.

 

            “I’ll go first.” Pie kisses her Mom and Dad’s cheeks and left.

 

 

            “Aishh, did I said Kim will drive me to work just now?” Pie mutters alone as she walks down the street. Pie forgot that she is still in war with Kim.

 

            “I should accept Dad’s offer just now. Look, I’ve to walk out from this housing area just to get a taxi.” Pie complains and steps heavily.

 

            “Haish, why does it feel so far to reach the main road?” Pie sighs as she is now sweating a lot like hell.

 

 

           “Vroom..vroom.” Pie hears a motorbike comes closer to her.

 

            “Pie..” Pie stops her movement when the person who rides the big motorbike calls her name.

 

            “Who are you?” Pie’s head was flooded with multiple thoughts. She starts to feel scared.

 

            “Your disgusting Kim.” The person lifts up her fullface helmet and smiles to Pie.

 

Pie widens her eyes as she heard the name. She didn’t recognise that the person is Kim.  The full-face helmet prevents Pie from seeing her face. She quickens her pace to avoid Kim.

 

            “Hey Pie. Wait!” Kim rides her bike slowly just enough to catch the speed of Pie’s step.

 

            “Pie, you’re already late. Come, climb on my bike and I’ll take you to your working place.” Kim persuades Pie who seems ignoring her. Pie’s pace become faster than earlier.

 

            “Hey look here. I wear my gloves, my long sleeve shirt covered by my black leather jacket and long pants. I wear socks and shoes too.” Hearing that makes Pie glares to Kim.

 

Pie is staring to Kim as she is asking her “Why do you need to tell me that?”

 

            “See, there are no parts of my skin is exposed to you. So you won’t touch the disgusting me. Come, hop on my bike and hold this back handle. You don’t need to hold on me. I bought a new helmet for you too. I’m sorry that I can’t bring my car today. I send it to workshop.” Kim still pleads Pie to come with her.

 

Kim’s words struck Pie heart. She feels guilty as Kim keeps repeating the word ‘disgusting’.

 

            “Covered or exposed, touched or untouched, I won’t come with you!” Pie stomps her feet and walk faster.

 

            “Okay.” Kim gives up and stops from following Pie. Pie realises it and she is so glad that Kim is not following her anymore.

 

 

Kim just stares to Pie who is already far from her. Well not really far, she still can see Pie clearly in that distance. Pie is heading to a  T- junction. At the junction, she turns to the left.

 

            “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,21..” Kim counts Pie’s steps as Pie gone from her sight at the junction.

 

            “Ahhhhh!!!” Kim hears Pie screams out of her lungs.

 

            “Gotcha!” Kim smirks as she sees Pie runs back to the junction.

 

            “WILD DOG!!!” Pie screams loudly as she runs back to Kim direction. Kim can see that there is a dog chasing Pie from behind.

 

Kim is so amazed to see how fast Pie could run with her short legs. Pie reaches her side in a nick of time.

 

            “Wow! I wonder if Pie could break Usain Bolt's record.” Kim chuckles.

 

            “Help me!” Pie quickly climbs on Kim’s bike.

 

            “Kim! Be quick!” Pie shakes Kim’s body in order to urge Kim to leave the place as fast as possible.

 

            “Wear this.” Kim hands Pie the helmet and starts the engine.

 

            “Grrr.. Wurff! Wurff!” The dog barks fiercly. It comes nearer to them.

 

            “Haishh.. Haishh! Kim lets get out of here!!!” Pie yells as she feels so scared.

 

            “Calm down princess. My bike is not a cowboy horse.” With that, Kim speeds her bike, leaving the street.

 

 

Kim rides the motorbike with Pie at her back. Only God knows how much she miss this pretty princess. Since they left the housing area, Pie never release her arms from  Kim’s waist. She curled her arms around Kim’s waist tightly until Kim can feel Pie’s body leaned to her back. The earlier incident really scared Pie to death.

 

            “Okay. We are here.” Kim stops right in front of the bistro. Pie quickly removes her hands from Kim.

 

            “Thank you.” Pie hands her helmet to Kim.

 

            “Most welcome princess.” Kim smiles brightly to Pie but Pie didn’t look up to Kim’s face.

 

            Pie is about to leave Kim and heads to the bistro when suddenly Kim grabs her arm and stops her movement. “Wait, let me help you.” Kim pulls Pie closer to her. She takes out a handkerchief from her pocket.

 

            “You should turn to the right girl, not to the left.” Kim gigles as she wipes Pie’s sweaty face. Pie remains silent and stands like statue in front of Kim. She didn’t look t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter