(?)

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “Kim, wait.” They are about to go downstairs when Pie pulls Kim’s arm, stopping that tom from taking another step.

 

            “Do you left anything in the room?” Kim turns to look to Pie. She can read her face. Pie has something in her mind.

 

            “No. I just want to ask you something.” Pie grounded her gaze to the floor. She’s trying to arrange her sentence into a proper question.

 

            “What?” Kim’s flat voice gives the sense of tremors.

 

            “We have been staying here for two weeks or more. I wonder whose rooms are that?” Pie asks. She throws her gaze to the passage way. It has two rooms which are opposite to each other. Kim traces her gaze. She knows Pie might be so curious with the them. They’re locked. No one ever enter the room except her.

 

            “You want to know?” There’s an excitement in Kim’s voice. Pie can sense that.

 

            “Of course.” The rigid nodding of Pie’s head shows that she’s eager to know.  The two rooms are so mysterious as they are the only rooms that are locked in the villa.

 

            “Come.” Kim offers her hand to Pie and she takes it. Kim grabs a bunch of keys from a drawer of  a mini table at the corner of the passage way. If and only if Pie knows that the keys are there, she shall discover the rooms without having to ask to Kim.

 

            “You open it yourself.” Kim picks a key and places it on Pie’s palm. She points her finger to the room on Pie’s right side, telling that it is the key for that door.

 

            “I’ll open this one.” Kim glances to the room on her left side.

 

            “Pie, we will open it at the same time.” Kim adds. Making Pie more curious. She just nodded knowingly to Kim.

 

            “One, two, three.” They unlock the door, pulls the door knob and push it wide open. They are not entering the room, just standing riverted to the passage way.

 

            “What is this?” Pie diverts her gaze to Kim. She’s confuse. Kim knew it.

 

            “Kid’s room?” Kim drags Pie to enter the room that Pie opened earlier.

 

            “This one looks like a boy’s room.” Pie scans around. The wall was painted with soft blue. It’s not too spacious neither too small. Just comfortable and safe for not making a little kid to be scared to sleep alone in the room.She walks to a small wardrobe which has a few robots and toys on it. It’s no doubt that this room was designed to be a boy’s room.

 

            “It supposed to be Nadeem’s room.” Kim says to Pie. She takes her seat on the bed. Pie’s jaw hanging loosely, is slight open as she is surprise to hear what Kim told her.

 

            “And that room supposed to be Sushar’s room.” Kim points to the room that is opposite to this room. Nadeem and Sushar. Do you remember them? Nah, they are not even exist in this world either. It’s the name that Pie and Kim planned to give to their children.

 

            “Why you need to say ‘supposed to be’ when you can use ‘is’ ? This IS Nadeem’s room and that IS Sushar’s room.” Their conversation starts to intense.

 

            “You know I can’t give you children, Pie.” Kim releases a deep sigh. She not even looks up to Pie because she knows she can’t take it.

 

            “Then, what is the meaning of the existance of these room?” Pie is irritated with Kim but she realizes she needs to control her emotion. This not going to end up as a quarrel.

 

            “For your children.” Kim murmurs it softly. Nearly couldn’t be heard by Pie.

 

            “My children would be your children too. Who else would that be?” Pie knew what Kim has in her mind but she tries hard to deny it. Kim wants to let her go.

 

            “Come.” Kim gestures Pie to sit beside her on the small bed. Pie moves weakly and sits facing Kim. She feels hopeless, sad, afraid. All mixed up. She doesn’t know how this conversation or discussion would end up.

 

            “Look here.” Kim tilts Pie’s chin softly just enough to let Pie to look to her.

 

            “Are you doubting me, Kim?” Before Kim could speak up, Pie cuts her first. Pie’s gaze burrows into hers. The gaze is two pools of sorrow.

 

Kim didn’t answer Pie. All she heard is that tom’s sigh. Lately, Kim loves to sigh instead of answering her and then silence filled the air.

 

            “You don’t have the answer right?” Pie scoffs and shakes her head in frustration. While Kim, keeps staring to Pie with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter