Where's My Kim?

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim POV

I usually wake up early in the morning during weekdays. Of course I have to wake up early cause I have to go to work, but today I wake up more earlier than usual. You know why? Because today the doctor gonna unwraps Pie’s eyes. Talking about Pie, she didn’t bother to pick up my calls or even to hear any explanation from me after I confessed  the truth about me to her last Sunday. I can’t reach neither contact her after that. She seemed really mad at me until she didn’t even tell me when she did the surgery. All I know, I got a message from Fern last night telling me that Pie’s eyes transplant was successfully done. Pie asked Fern to tell me the news and take me to see her today. I am so happy. Does it mean that she don’t mad at me anymore? Does it mean she can accept the real me? Oh God! I can’t wait to meet Pie. I really miss her. So, here I am choosing the best attire for today. As I have to go to the office first, so I decided to wear a baby blue collar long sleeve shirt, Pie’s favourite color and match it with white pants. Perhaps I can use my white blazer too. Oh my! I want to look so handsome in front of Pie. Pie, you prince is coming! Wink!

 

 

Jittaleela Holdings

            “Morning Ms.Kim” The frontdesk ladies greet Kim as she enters the building.

            “Morning ladies.” Kim smiles and winks at them. She makes her way to the elevator.

            “Oh My God! She looks so handsome today.” Kim can hear the ladies talking about her. She smirks.

 

 

Kim enters the executive’s elevator. As she is about to push the close button, someone rushes  to stop it. Kim quickly push the open button.

            “Oh, it’s you Yam.” Finally Kim see the person.

            “Yeah. Thank you Kim.” Yam enters the elevator while panting hardly.

            “Are you okay?” Kim looks to Yam who still trying to catch her breath. Talking about Yam, she is wierd too. These days, she rarely nagging to Kim.

            “Yeah.” Yam gives a faint smile to Kim. They remain silent until the elevator brings them to their floor.

Kim let Yam exits first and then she follows from behind.

            “Kim, are you going to see Pie this afternoon?” Yam asks when they are walking to their office.

            “Sure.” Kim answers short.

            “Why you asking me that? You don’t allow me to meet her?” Kim raises her eyebrows to Yam.

            “Who said that? I’m going too.” Yam answers without looking to Kim’s face. It isn’t wierd if Yam is joining them this afternoon. Pie always considers Yam as her good friend too cause Yam is Fern’s bestfriend.

            “What’s going on with this woman? Sometimes she can be OK when it comes to Pie and sometimes she can be so KO?” Kim scratches the back of her head.

            “Are you sure that you’re alright? Why you look so pale?” Kim notices that Yam’s face is not as bright as usual.

            “Sure. I’m okay.” Yam quickens her pace and heads to her own office.

            “She is absolutely wierd today.” Kim was so surprised to see Yam’s reaction just now. She just stares to Yam who has already left her behind.

 

 

Meanwhile at the hospital..

            “Mom, Pie sissy can see again right?” Alice asks to her Mom who remains silent since they arrived Pie’s ward.

            “Of course honey. I got to pray hard that you sister can see again.”  Mom cups Alice’s face and smiles warmly.

            “Shh.. Don’t talk too much. This is hospital.” Dad warns them to control their voice.

            “Pie honey, how do you feel?” Dad sits at the edge of Pie’s bed. Pie’s eyes were still wrapped with the bandage. The doctor will unwrap it this afternoon.

            “Hmm.. I’m fine. I’m so nervous.” Pie reaches out her hands in order to feel her Dad.

            “I’m here honey.” Pie’s dad takes her hands.

            “Aren’t you going to work today?” Pie asks to her father and also her sister.

            “I did tell my boss that I’ll go to the office this afternoon.” Alice answers her sister.

            “How about you Dad?” Pie asks again as her Dad didn’t say anything.

            “Yeah. Me too. I’m sorry dear that I can’t accompany you till you come out from here.”Dad says apologetically. Pie’s dad only ordinary officer at a huge company. So it’s not easy for him to get a leave.

            “It’s okay Dad. At least you are here when the doctor unwrap my eyes later.” Pie smiles to her Dad. She feels so nervous right now. It isn’t a guarentee for her to see again after this surgery. But she still had the hope of seeing the world again.

            “Is my friends are already here?” Pie asks to her family.

            “Friends?” All of her family members question her back.

            “Yeah my friends. Fern, Yam, Puey and my boyfriend Kim.” Pie forgot to tell them that her friends are coming too this afternoon.

            “Oh Pie, it’s still morning. Not even afternoon yet. Perhaps they are still working.” Mom says to Pie as she knows that Pie might not realise the time is not afternoon yet.

            “Oh, I see.” Pie pouts. She thought that it’s already noon. She really misses Kim and can’t wait to see her beloved boyfriend.

            “Hey, I heard you mention one name earlier. Who is your boyfriend Pie? Why Dad didn’t know about it?” Pie’s Dad asks out of his curosity. He is quite surprise when Pie told them that she has a boyfriend.

            “No one ever meet her boyfriend.” Alice answers before Pie could say anything.

            “That’s why I ask him to come today. So that you all can see him too.” Pie giggles as she can feel that all eyes are on her.

            “But still, how come Dad don’t know about him.” Pie’s Dad sounds a little bit sulky.

            “Oh my hubby don’t be sad. Let Mom and Alice judge your boyfriend.” Pie’s Mom says confidently.

            “I wonder how is his face? Does he look so handsome?” Alice is the one who day dreaming about her sister’s boyfriend.

            “I’m sure you will like him. He is so handsome.” Pie smiles as she imagines how handsome Kim could be as she can see his face in just another few hours.

 

 

Almost noon..

            *Dertt*Dertt*Dertt* Kim’s phone vibrates as she put it in silent mode.

            “Hello.” Kim answers the call.

            “Hello Kim. Are you going to come with me or you will go on your own?” Fern asks to her. Kim can hear that Fern is driving her car right now.

            “It’s okay Fern. I can go by my own.” Kim assures that to Fern.

            “Alright then, I just come to pick Yam.” Fern ends the call.

            “Oww, I thought Yam will ask me to give her a ride.” Kim looks to her phone. It’s almost noon. She needs to get ready to meet Pie. She and Yam will visit Pie during their lunch hour so that they won’t disturb their working schedule.

            “Ahh, I need to bring something for Pie.” Kim fixes her shirt and grabs her car’s key. She wants to buy some flowers for Pie.

 

 

Hospital

It is the time to unwrap Pie’s eyes. The doctor slowly rolls off  the bandage that covered Pie’s eyes. Pie’s family member stand around the bed, waiting f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter