Kim is Missing

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park

            “Jane, look around. Try to find Pie.” Zee says to Jane. She slows down her car movement. Both Zee and Jane were about to go home after their office hour when suddenly Pie called Zee. Pie is crying. Her voice disperse within her sobbing until they can’t hear what Pie was trying to tell them. Only the last line of her words caught Zee’s hearing – Kim. Jane took the call and tried to talk with Pie. Only then they knew, Pie is at the park.

 

            “I didn’t see her.” Jane can’t hide her worries. She suspected something went wrong.

 

            “Did she tell you where she is? Specific location?” Zee also throws her sight out of the window. How she wished that her eyes could be like a camera lenses which can zoom in and zoom out at that moment.

 

            “Zee! Zee! Stop!” Jane pats Zee’s arm repeatedly, making the latter steps on the brake paddle immediately.

 

            “Pie? You found Pie?” Zee traces Jane’s gaze. She’s looking to one direction or specifically a public toilet. There’s a petite girl walking back and forth frantically.

 

            “I think she’s Pie.” Jane unbuckles her seatbelt and goes out from the car first. Zee focuses her eyes to that girl.

 

            “She is Pie.” She also steps out from the car and traces Jane who already gets Pie.

 

            “Pie, why are you crying? Where is Kim?” Zee asks to Pie who is crying in Jane’s embrace.

 

            “I don’t know where is Kim.” Pie shakes her head. Her eyes swollen and her face was so red like she has been crying for hours. Zee remembers what Kim told her, Pie is so fragile.

 

            “What?” Zee frowns. Jane holds that tom’s arm signalling her not to worsen the situation.

 

            “Tell me Pie, what is really happening.” Jane is more calm in handling this kind of matter. She’s sweet, kind and more mature than her age. That’s what caught Zee’s heart.

 

            “Kim went to the toilet to wash her hands. I wait for her for almost an hour but she didn’t come back.” Pie tries to talk steadily within her hiccup because of too much crying.

 

            “Have you tried to call her?” Zee peeks down to look to Pie for the assurance.

 

            “She didn’t pick up the calls.” Pie cries even more. Zee stares to Pie with her blank face. She lost her words. Where has Kim gone to? If she intended  to make a prank to Pie, it is not the right time. The dusk nearly come, the clouds are getting heavy, the whether’s forecast is right. Soon it’s going to rain.

 

            “What if we try to look for Kim? Who knows she is still around.” Jane comes out with her suggestion. Zee diverts her gaze to her girlfriend and nods her agreement.

 

            “Alright. We spread. Pie, you’ll go with Jane. I’ll find Kim alone. Whether you find Kim or not we’ll meet later here at 6.30 p.m.” Zee Pie’s hair soflty. She feels pity towards her. Zee steps back and before she starts her mission to find Kim, she glances back to Jane for the last time, making a brief eye contact telling her girlfriend  to look after Pie. 

 

 

            “Let’s find Kim, Pie. It’s getting late and going to rain too.” Jane says to Pie as she take a glance to her wristwatch. It strucks 6.00 p.m. She doesn’t know whether that thirty minutes before 6.30 p.m is enough for them to look for Kim.

 

            “What if we can’t find Kim?” Pie still in her miserable state. Jane can feel that she’s trembling.

 

            “Don’t say that. We must try to find her first.” Jane tighten her embrace around Pie. Hoping that it would give some encouragement to Pie.

 

 

6.15 p.m

 

            “Kim, where are you?” Zee mutters alone while scanning around. Her pace is quite fast, nearly seems like she is running. Her gaze is so sharp like an eagle which is trying to haunt for its prey.

 

            “This is not a joke Kim! Please don’t do nonsense thing.” Zee punches her fist to the air. She doesn’t know to whom she directed her anger to. She admits that she starts to lose her patient. She has been looking for her cousin for almost fifteen minutes but Kim is nowhere to be found.

 

 

            “Hello miss. Do you see this tom around?” Jane is the one approaches the people who are still at the park. Pie is so worried that she can’t talk. She shows Kim’s photo from Pie’s phone to the girl.

 

            “No.” The girl shakes her head and walks away.

 

            “Hello. Do you see this tom around?” Jane approaches another man who walks pass them.

 

            “I’m sorry Miss. I didn’t.” The man also shakes his head when he sees Kim’s photo.

 

            “I think Kim is not here.” Pie says weakly to Jane as they walk side by side, still in the mission of finding Kim.

 

            “Pie..” Jane lost her words. Pie might be true. This park isn’t that huge. Now they have walked until the end of the park. They still can see any presence of Kim.

 

 

6.45 p.m

 

            “Zee!” Jane stands up first when she sees Zee comes to their direction. Pie sits motionless beside her. She’s so deep in her own thinking.

 

            “Where have you been? You’re fifteen minutes late.” Zee knows that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter