Undisturbed Sleep

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#Author's Note

 

In sorrow, we mourn those lost

In gratitude, we embrace those around us

In sympathy, we reach out to those who grieve.

Our heartfelt condolences to families and friends of those who were on MH17.

 

 

Pie POV

 

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. Normally I wouldn’t have answered it but today I had an overwhelming feeling that I had to get it. As I picked up the phone, the sound of my bestfriend, Fern from the other end rang in my ears. She informed me something but I couldn’t pay much attention to it. All I knew, I was dumbfounded when I heard the last few words that came out from Fern’s mouth.

 

            “Pie, Yam has passed away.”

 

We gathered on the cold, dark, rainy afternoon.  The rain had turned into a light drazzle not like on its morning where the downpour was enough to let Naoh’s Ark set sail again.  The situation was so gloomy. At some moment, I manage to peek up to Kluidom’s family. They were consumed by the bitterness and anguish at the loss of their daughter.  I went through the burial and funeral service with withdrawn solitude. I can’t associate what was going on. I felt like an audience. Yet at the back of my mind, I was aware that only me, Fern, Kluidom’s family and  Kim left at the meticulously arranged cemetery. I stood far from Kim with Fern beside me. Last night’s dream rushed down through my mind.

 

            “Pie, I’m sorry.” Yam utters her apologize to me.

            “No Pie. Kim is yours.” I don’t understand why she speak like that.

            “Promise me that you’ll come tomorrow?” She doesn’t bother to answer me.

            “Please Pie?” She pleads to me when I was still in hesitation.

            “Okay.” I assured that to her.

            “Promise?” She asks me again.

            “Promise.” I nodded and gave a faint smile to her.

            “Thank you Pie.” She hugged me again and I hugged her back.

            “Pie, I need to go now.” She suddenly stands up from her seat. Seemed like she rushed to catch something.

            “Why so sudden?” I was startled to see her action.

            “It’s time for me to go.” She caressed my cheeks and walked away.

 

“Yam, I come here as I promised to you.” I hope she will hear me. Not even once I will think this way but now I realized, I dreamt about Yam last night and she was actually telling me she will never come back after she said to me it’s time for her  to go. Some of you might say I should feel happy right? Because there will be no rival for me anymore? You are wrong. I am sad. I never felt this terrible sad in me. I don’t know why but it’s really heartbreaking with the lost of Yam.

 

I divert my gaze to Kim. There is a man beside him. Holding an umbrella for them and at the same time he looks like he is trying to comfort Kim. I can’t figure out how is her condition as she is backfacing me, staring down at the headstone that stood before her eyes. She covered her eyes with a dark shades and I bet, she used it to hide her eyes. Eyes that had cried too much. I can feel her pain. How does it feel when today she supposed to hear the ring of wedding bells but it turned to be a mourn of grief? When today they were supposely walk down the aisle, arm in arm but now stuck in a silence, gloomy gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter