The Reason Why

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim sends Pie straight to her  home after a long day she stayed at her place. Today is Pie’s day off as Aunty Inn’s Bistro undergoes some renovation. It has been closed for two days. Today Kim just received calls from her family members and didn’t get to celebrate her birthday together as all of them are not in Thailand. Kim’s parents are now at Australia, visiting their branch there while P’Air had to attend urgent meeting in USA.

            “Beep.” Kim looks to her phone. A massage is received. Kim reads the text.

 

From : Zee

Hey bro! Happy Birthday! I miss you dude. Lets meet up at your place.

To : Zee

Thanks bro. Lets hang out outside. How about Cloud Three Sixty?

 

Kim feels like she needs to go somewhere. She needs someone to talk to and the right person is Zee.

Few seconds later. “ Beep” Zee replies.

 

From : Zee

Anything for you, birthday boy!

Kim swings her car and heads to the Cloud Three Sixty Bar.

 

Cloud Three Sixty Bar

Cloud Three Sixty Bar is a popular rooftop bar in Bangkok. An exclusive place to lounge back with loved one, soak up the city in a full 360° sweep of view and even party late into the night.They indulge in some of the world’s finest champagne, exotic coctails, wine – by – the – glass or non – alcoholic beverages in  the bar area or you can go all the way for memorable dinner of wide variety choices of cuisines at their restaurant. Located  far above the traffic jams and little annoyance of big city life, the bar indeed a right choice for those who needs some relaxtion and peace.

Kim takes a table for two and waits for Zee. Waiting all alone makes her remember the day’s chain of events.

            “Pie, I thought your visual impairment is permanent?” Kim still didn’t believe that Pie will restore her sight in two weeks of time.

            “Nope. I’ve been waiting for an eye donor for years. Didn’t I tell you about that?” Kim stares to Pie. Pie never tells her that her sight can be restored. Kim don’t know about it. Never know.

**********

 

            “Hey Bro!” Kim is taken back to reality as someone taps her on her shoulder. Kim knows she is Zee. Zee is a tom too.

            “Hey!” Kim stands and hugs Zee.

            “Oih Kim! You looks more handsome now.” Zee takes her seat across Kim. They haven’t meet each other for a quite long time as both of them are so busy with their family’s business.

            “Of course I am far more handsome than you!” Kim smirks.

            “What ever! I admit that. So, what we gonna have for tonight birthday boy? I’m hungry.” Zee looks to the empty table. Kim didn’t order anything yet.

            “You choose. Tonight is my treat. Say yes to anything except seafood.” Kim says. She is allergic to seafood.

            “No Kim. It is my treat. Today is your day.” Zee rejects the offer kindly. She knows that Kim’s family members are not here to celebrate her birthday. She is the only one left with Kim at Bangkok right now.

So they orders the food and enjoy their bonding time that much.

 

   

              “Zee, Pie got an eye donor.” Kim says while chewing her food.

Zee stops eating and stares to Kim with her unblinking eyes. “Really? Wow! That’s good!” Zee is completely happy with the news. Zee knows that Pie is Kim’s girlfriend but she haven’t meet Pie yet.

Kim just keeps silent and eats her food slowly. Zee notices there’s something wrong with Kim.

            “Hey Kim. You should feel happy for that. Pie will get her sight back.” Zee didn’t understand why Kim looked so unhappy about that.

            “No. It’s not a happy thing for me.” Kim blurts what she kept inside her since this morning.

            “Why?” Zee seems surprise to hear what Kim said just now.

            “Cause she will see me.” Kim answers short.

            “Of course she can see you. So what’s the problem?” Zee becomes more confuse with her cousin.

            “She will know that I am not a man.” Kim tells Zee in her low voice. She hung her head low.

 

            “WHAT?! After so long, she didn’t know that you not a man?!” Zee exclaims in surprise. Everybody inside the restaurant turns their gaze to them. Zee just smile apologetically in response.

            “She don’t know that you’re a tom?” Zee leans closer to Kim’s face and asks again.

            “No.” Kim shook her head. Zee’s eyes wide open as she didn’t believe with Kim’s answer.

            “Oh God! That’s mean you never do that ‘ehem’ with her? You two have date for almost for four years. Wow! How could you hold your lust and desire Kim?” Zee whispers to Kim ears.

            “Thump!” A hard hit landed on Zee’s head.

            “Oih Kim! Why you hit my head?” Zee distances herself from Kim.

            “I’m not that greedy like you. ert!” Kim glares to Zee as she remember how Zee told her experience about her intimate with Jane. Zee just grins shyly to Zee. Zee is now dating Jane. Yes that Jane. The one who work at Jittaleela Holdings. Kim is the one who help Zee to tackle Jane.

            “Okay. Okay. Put that aside. But Kim, it still wierd. How could Pie didn’t know about that? Your voice, is not that manly. At least she could identify you by that.” Zee wonders as she leans her back to the chair and stare to Kim.

            “I don’t know too. She said that she has met a guy with kinda voice like me too. So she didn’t suspect anything about it.” Kim tells Zee what has Pie told her.

            “Then, you didn’t explain the real thing to her?” Zee raises her eyebrows to Kim. Kim’s love story is so wierd for her.

            “No.” Kim throws her sight to other direction. Zee releases a deep sight.

            “What if she already know about it but she just pretend not to know?” Zee utters her other questions like she is an invistigator.

            “No, she don’t know. She  told me that she just know about tom existence this year. She even told me that she hate people like us!” Kim burries her face in her palms.

 

Zee messes her hair. This is so complicated. “I don’t know how you could keep this from her for four years. Kim, why you have to be like this? Why don’t you tell her the truth from the first day you start your relationship with her? Is this what you call love? You have been insincere to her.” Zee locks her sight to Kim who already hung her head low.

            “Don’t you remember what Mama taught us?” Zee tilts Kim’s chin to face her.

            “If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past.  If you lie, it becomes a part of your future.” Zee utters word by word to Kim. Since child, Kim’s Mama is the one who babysit her. Zee’s mother died when she was two years old.

            “I guess,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter