BIG SURPRISE

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie and Alice’s Bedroom.

            “Am I look good in this dress?” Pie asks to her sister, Alice through the reflection from the mirror. Alice is sitting on the bed, watching Pie who is busy checking herself in front of the mirror.

 

            “It’s the tenth times you ask me the same thing. I swear if you ask me for the eleventh times, you’ll turn to ugly witch.” Alice rolls her eyes to Pie and obviously Pie can see that.

 

            “Alice!” Pie turns her body to face her sister. She folds her arms and glares to Alice.

 

            “Oh my! I can’t believe that I’ll say this but my dearest big sister, Pie Mindara Manaying, you are beautiful and nice as always.” Alice  walks closer to Pie.

 

            “Nothing to worry. Any clothes match you very well.” Alice says as she pinches Pie’s cheeks.

 

            “I wonder what kind of surprise, you’ll get tonight. Do you know it?” Alice is so curious.

 

            “I don’t know. It wouldn’t be surprise anymore if I knew it either.” Pie shrugs.

 

            “What if P’Kim proposes to you?” By looking to the way Pie dressed up and how excited her sister is, Alice starts to come out with her theory.

 

            “I don’t think so.” Pie blinking several times. Shock.

 

            “Why?” Alice recoils. She drops her on the bed again, frustrated with her sister’s reaction. Pie didn’t bother to answer Alice neither. She just keep fixing her dress and hair.

 

            “What if P’Kim takes you for a romantic dinner?” Alice guesses another theory of hers. Well, typical birthday’s celebration where boyfriend takes her girlfriend out for dinner. It must be romantic one!

 

            “Maybe.” Pie thinks that Alice might be true.

 

            “Don’t you think that  this is the first time I’ll have a dinner for my birthday with Kim?” Pie asks back to Alice.

 

            “Oh yeah.” Alice starts to realize the truth. Pie has never went out for a dinner date with Kim before.

 

            “And I ain’t sure about that romantic dinner though. Kim has never done anything romantic to me before.” Pie informs that to Alice. Upon hearing that Alice’s jaw drops, utterly dumbfounded to hear the fact about Kim. The unromantic future brother – in – law.

 

            “How come you can date a guy like him? What a pathetic girlfriend you are!” Alice taps on her temple, then raises her hand over her face in a mocking gesture.

 

            “Shut up! It’s my love life anyway. Not yours.” Pie hits Alice with a pillow. The room was filled with their laughter, shrieks and teasing words.

 

            “PICK ME UP! PICK ME UP!” Pie’s phone rings. Both Pie and Alice stop right away on hearing that. The tone rings  like a squeaking  sound of  ducks.

 

            “Oh my goodness! You still use the same weird ringtone?” Alice says in disbelief.

 

            “Shhh!” Pie shushes her sister as she picks her phone to answer the incoming call.

 

            “Hello Kim.” Pie says.

 

            “All right.” The call ended. Alice knows that Kim must have waiting outside.

 

            “Romeo is waiting for his Juliet huh?” Alice teases Pie.

 

            “Romeo and Juliet? That’s so tragic!” Pie rolls her eyes to Alice in return.

 

            “I’ll go now.” Pie picks her handbag and starts to walk out from the room. Alice follows her sister from behind.

 

Downstairs

            “Mom, Dad.. I’ll go now.” Pie says to her parents as she steps down to the living room. Mom and Dad are watching the television.

 

            “Alright honey.. Take.. Oh my God!” Dad gasps.

 

            “Dad? Are you okay?” Pie startles to see her father’s reaction.

 

            “I’m all right Pie, honey. It’s just you’re so beautiful tonight.” Dad praises his eldest daughter.

 

            “Take care honey and enjoy your night.” Mom gives a meaningful smile to Pie.

 

            “Yeah. Enjoy your night dear. Oh, I can’t wait to be a grandfather!” Dad clasps his hands as if he is praying.

 

            “Dad?” Pie exclaims in disbelief.

 

            “Your Dad meant, he hopes that Kim will propose to you so that you two will get married soon and we can have our grandchild. Right darling?” Mom nudges Dad’s arm as she realised that Pie misunderstood her husband’s words just now.

 

            “Yes! Your Mom is right.” Dad looks to Mom in his disagree face.

 

            “Yeah. Yeah. Me too. I can’t wait to have a niece or nephew. But I wonder if  they’ll give me trouble or not in the future.” Alice jests.

 

            “Oh. Okay but I have never think about marriage for now.” Pie raises her eyebrows. “Why everybody keeps hoping that I’ll get merried soon?” Pie thinks.

 

            “Hey, hurry up! Your prince charming is waiting.” Alice pushes Pie body to the door.

 

            “Take care!” Mom, Dad and Alice say at the same time to Pie.

 

Outside

Pie walks nervously to Kim’s car. She don’t know why such feeling suddenly flows through her veins but she is so nervous. Kim is waiting for her inside the car. When Pie gets nearer, Kim quickly steps out from the car and stands right beside it as if she is welcoming Pie.

 

            “Hi Pie.” Kim greets her first.

 

            “Kimmy!” The name blurts out spontaneously from Pie’s mouth.

 

            “Kimmy!” Pie quickens her pace. As soon as she reaches Kim’s side, she throws her arms around Kim’s waist, hugs Kim tightly.

 

            “Ohoh! My girl misses me so much huh?” Pie’s action makes Kim lets out a fruity chuckle.

 

            “Hmm.. I miss to hug you like this.” Pie tightens her embrace to Kim. Kim hugs Pie back and they stay in that position for awhile. Hugging Kim gives Pie a strange sense of calm that nobody could give it to Pie.

 

            “It has been ages since you last call me by that name.” Kim says to Pie as Pie lessen her hug on her body.

 

            “Happy birthday princess.” Kim wishes to Pie as she takes Pie’s hand and plant a kiss on it.

 

            “Thank you.” Pie smiles in return. Pie flutter that much when Kim treats her like a real princess.

 

            “Shall we go now?” Kim opens the car’s door for Pie. Pie nods her approval and hop into the car.

 

On the way to somewhere special..

            “Kim, where are we going?” Pie asks to Kim. She is still clueless on where Kim would take her to.

 

            “Surprise.” Kim answers short.

 

            “Then, what are we going to do there?” Pie still want to know even if it is just a small detail of their activity tonight.

 

            “Surprise.” Here’s another short reply from Kim. Pie found it annoying.

 

            “Kim!” Pie starts to feel annoyed with Kim.

 

            “No – No – No! Don’t make that grumpy face or else you will have a lot of wrinkles on your face in this young age.” Kim knows that in no time Pie will burst out.

 

Upon hearing Kim, Pie quickly touches her face and pinches her cheeks softly. Most probably she is afraid that all Kim said will come true.

 

            “Pie, check in the box. It might take some hours to reach the place so I have prepared something for you.” Kim says to Pie. Her left hand gestures to the compartment of the dashboard.

 

            “Oh Kim, I know you’ll take me far from here. That’s why we are going out this early right.” Pie pouts to Kim. Yeah, actually it isn’t night yet. It’s still evening, late evening when Kim fetch Pie from her house.

 

            “I promise it wouldn’t be that far. Trust me Pie, I am sure you’ll like it.” Kim assures that to Pie.

 

            “Okay.” Pie smiles and opens up the box, looking for the stuff that Kim has prepared for her.

 

            “Cookies? Chocolate? And marshmallow?” Pie takes out three different packets from the box.

 

            “Your favorite.” Kim grins to Pie.

 

            “Kim, somehow I think you are like a Doraemon.” Pie giggles on saying that to Kim.

 

            “Doraemon?” Kim makes to be like a balloon and shows a funny face to Pie.

 

            “But you are too skinny and tall to be Doraemon.” Pie let out her fruity laughter and pinches Kim’s cheeks hardly.

 

            “I know that. You are the one who is more suitable to be a Doraemon. Short legs, short arms, everything short.” Kim jokes.

 

            “Kimmm..” Pie glares to Kim. Pie really hate it when people say that she is short.

 

            “Nah, eat your snack my girl. It’s still long way to reach the place.” Kim ignores Pie death’s glare and pretends that nothing happened earlier.

 

Silence fills the car as Kim is so focus with her driving while Pie is enjoying her favorite that much. She chose to eat a marshmallow first.

 

From the corner of Pie’s eyes, she sees that Kim steal a glance at her and they both quickly look away as if neither of them meant it.

 

            “What are you looking at Kim?” Pie breaks the awkward moment first.

 

            “You.” Kim winks to Pie. Pie can feel that warm blood rushes up to her face, she blushed.

 

            “Pie, can I kiss you?” Kim asks out of sudden. Pie didn’t realise since when Kim traces her chin with her finger.

 

            “Huh?” Pie blushes even more. She doesn’t know how can she hide her face anymore. It must be so red as she feels so shy.

 

            “I’m kidding. You look so beautiful tonight.” Kim removes her hand from Pie’s chin and holds the steering back.

 

            “So beautiful in white.” Kim adds. Pie is wearing a white long dress. When you look from the front view, “Oh my angel”  it is like any other normal dress with a long sleeve but when you turn to her back, “Oh my devil!” It’s revealing half of Pie’s back, so y!

 

            “Thank you.” Pie lose her words because she flattered so much with Kim’s compliment.

 

            “But next time don’t wear this dress in public Pie. I don’t want other people to see you like this.” Kim points her finger to Pie’s back and Pie knows what Kim meant to her.

 

            “Okay.” Pie nods knowingly. Jealous Kim.

 

            “Eh? What is this?” Pie takes out a small transparent sachet from the marshmallow’s packet. She brings the thing to her eyes’ level.

 

Pie tears open the sachet and observes the things. “A couple necklace?” Pie looks to Kim with amazement.

 

            “Oh really? Perhaps it’s a free gift.” Kim also looks to the things that Pie claims as couple necklace in Pie’s hand.

 

            “I think so. Let me check.” Pie observes the necklaces closely.

 

            “Yeah. It is a couple necklace. Look, here is the boy and this is a girl.” The pendant of the necklace are the caricature of a boy and a girl. Pie holds the necklace with both of her hand. The right one hold the boy and the left one holds the girl.

 

            “So cute.” Pie smile wider as she admiringly looks to the necklaces.

 

            “Hey wait! Why does this girl looks like me?” Pie pulls up the pendant and observes it again.

 

            “And this boy looks like you?” Pie brings the pendant near to Kim’s face as if she is matching the caricature with Kim’s face.

 

            “Kimmmm.. This is not a free gift right?” Pie glares to Kim as she finally can figure out that the couple necklaces were put in the packet for purpose.

 

            “Hmm..” Kim fakes a smile to Pie and gulps.

 

            “How you do this? I mean how come you get this necklace?” Pie seems surprise. The pendants of the necklaces are them, their face which were made into caricature.

 

            “Special order.” Kim grins to Pie.

 

            “Kim, this must be so expensive. You know you don’t have to spend that much for stuff like this.” Pie sighs as she knows that the necklace must cost an arm and leg to Kim. Special ordered means very special price too.

 

            “Nah, it’s okay Pie. Anything for you. Do you like it?” Kim asks to Pie.

 

            “No! I don’t like it.” Pie answers stern. Kim’s face turns gloomy.

 

            “I don’t like it, I love it!” Pie says loudly as if she is screaming in joy.

 

            “So, this is the BIG SURPRISE for me?” Pie peeks up at Kim’s face.

 

            “Nope. This is not that BIG SURPRISE. This is just a side gift for your birthday.” Kim answers Pie.

 

            “Kim, you are so mystery lately.” Pie pouts.

 

            “So, this couple necklaces are for us right.” Pie changes their topics.

 

            “You said so yourself and I consider it is YES.” Kim raises her eyebrows to Pie.

 

            “I’ll keep this Kim for me and you’ll keep this Pie for yourself.” Pie gives the necklace with girl’s pendant which she named as Pie to Kim while she takes the boy’s pendant named Kim for herself.

 

            “So, this necklace has their own name huh?” Kim chuckles upon hearing Pie putting a name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter