Verge of Crack?

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “Stupid Puey! Why did you let her drink that much!” Fern curses Puey who is already fall asleep like homeless guy beside Pie on the sofa. After the event at Aunty Inn’s Bistro, they went to Fern’s place. Yeah, her surprise of having a fiance and there, she threw a small party with her friends.

 

            “I guess Pie has never touch these kind of alcoholic beverage.” Mario tries to calm Fern. He hugs his fiancee’s shoulders and throws her sight to both Puey and Pie. Sighs.

 

            “Not even once.” Fern hisses. She moves to sit beside Puey and checks both of her friends but she worries more about Pie. Innocent shorty Pie.

 

            “P’ we are going home. Thanks for tonight and congratulations to both of you.” Nan says to Fern and Mario. It’s already late.

 

            “Most welcome. Thank you and take care you two.” Mario nods as he looks to Nan and Hongyok who have get ready to leave their place.

 

            “Honey, let me clean this mess. You settle that squid okay?” Mario winks to Fern and heads to the kitchen. Perhaps he is going to take trash can or garbage plastics.

 

            “Kim? Why you stoned there like an idiot?” Fern turns her gaze to Kim who remains silent. Somehow she seems like she is watching a live show. Rooted to the seat without any noise.

 

            “How I’m going to take her home? With her drunken condition? Her father might kill me!” Kim terrified. She has never meet Pie’s parents. What Fern expects her  to do? Knocks Pie’s house door and says to her Dad, “Mr.Manaying, your daughter is drunk but she is fine.” Kim imagines that Pie’s Dad comes out from his house with a gun and points it  to her head as if she has do something bad to his daughter. Dead!

 

            “Owh, don’t worry. I’d text her Mom earlier. I told her that Pie will sleep over at my place.” Fern confirms that to Kim.

 

            “Are you sure? How easy?” Kim looks to Fern with her questioning gaze. Still can’t believe with Pie’s Mom approval.

 

            “100% sure. Her parents trust me. Kim, I am the one who take care of her before you.” Fern raises her eyebrows to Kim. Fern is utterly right. Kim knows that Fern is Pie’s best friend and confidant.

 

            “Okay. You win.” Kim sighs and drags herself to sit beside Pie. She moves her hands and touches Pie’s angelic face. Actually Pie didn’t drink that much. Perhaps it’s her first time to have that kind of drink and she was completely drunk after a few shots.

 

            “Kim, are you okay with Pie?” Fern asks out of sudden. Kim turns her gaze to Fern.

 

            “What do you mean?” Kim frowns with the unexpected question.

 

            “Your relationship with her? You and Pie?” Fern knows that Kim just pretends not  to know.

 

            “What do you think?” Kim recoils instead of answering Fern.

 

            “You’re not even answering my question.” Fern shakes her head. At the same time, she cleans up the mess around her.

 

            “I really don’t know what  happened to both of you but I hope you two are fine.” Fern pauses and locks her gaze to Kim. Stern gaze. She remembers how Kim introduced herself to Nan and Hongyok at the bistro earlier. “I am Kim, Pie’s best friend.”

 

            “Yes, we are fine. Nothing to worry Fern.” Kim smiles to Fern. She can feel the tense in the air.

 

            “Fern..” Pie murmurs in her sleep. Both Kim and Fern divert their eyes to Pie. She is still sleep.

 

            “Kim, take her home.” Fern orders. Her lips press into one hard line. Sometimes Kim thinks that Fern is Pie’s assistant. A dictator trusted man.

 

            “I thought she is going to stay here.” Kim looks to Fern with her blank face. If she was not mistaken, Fern did mention that Pie will sleep over here, at Fern’s house.

 

            “Hey prince charming, this princess is placed under your care, not me. I have to settle this squid though.” Fern says to Kim and stares to Puey. She releases her deep sigh again. Fern wonders whether Kim is still in her right minded condition or not. Does she got affected by the beers and wines too?

 

            “Oh” Kim responds short and shakes her head.

 

            “Fern...” Kim pauses. Yam’s face floats up in her mind as she remembered about Mario – Yam’s ex – fiance. Is he the same person with this Mario Maurer? Fern’s fiance right now? Kim has never meet Mario, Yam’s ex – fiance in personal. So she isn’t sure how that Mario looks like but her instinct told her this Mario Maurer is Yam’s ex – fiance.

 

            “Yes?” Fern stares to Kim as if she is waiting for Kim’s next words.

 

            “Nothing.” Kim changes her thought of asking Fern about Mario. She doesn’t want to ruin their happiness tonight.

 

            “Take your princess Kim. It’s getting late. You have to work tomorrow.” Kim blinks her eyes in disbelief. Fern is right, this is not weekend. She still has to show up at the office and work all day long.

 

            “Pie, let’s go home princess?” Kim shakes Pie’s body lightly to wake her up.

 

            “Huh? Going home?” Pie responds drowsily. Still with her eyes close.

 

            “Hmm..It’s getting late.” Kim fondles her hair as she removes the strands of hair that cover Pie’s angelic face.

 

            “Okay..”Pie quickly jerks herself from the sofa and sits up straight which caught Kim in surprise.

 

            “Are you all right?” Kim observes Pie. Is she dreaming?

 

            “Erm.. I’m fine. Let’s go home.” Pie says and brings herself to stand up.

 

            “She looks fine.” Kim thought.

 

            “Thank you Fern and congratulations to you.” Miraculously Pie can say such things to Fern. Both Kim and Fern change their gaze, wondering if Pie is drunk or not.

 

            “Kim, let’s go.” Pie says and takes her step. Unfortunately her legs grow weaker like a jelly and she almost stumble down.

 

            “See, you’re drunk Pie. Let me carry you.” Kim manages to catch Pie.

 

            “Drunk? So this is how it feels to be drunk?” Pie looks up to Kim and grins. A sinister grin.

 

            “Gosh! I don’t know how to handle drunken people. Am I this terrible when I got drunk? Can I just left her here?” Kim shakes her head in order to removes her thought of leaving Pie here at Fern’s place. How irresponsible Kim!

 

            “Piggyback! I can’t walk.” Kim is taken back to reality when Pie smacks her head.

 

            “Okay.” Kim lowers her body so that Pie can hop on her back.

 

            “You’re gaining weight huh princess?” Kim talks to Pie as they heads to the door.

 

            “Hmm..” Pie mumbles. She presses her chin on Kim’s left shoulder, finding some support to her dizzy head.

 

            “Kim, do you love me?” Pie asks out of sudden. Kim tries to peek up at Pie’s face but she failed.

 

          

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter