The Fault in Their Thoughts

Don't Doubt My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pie’s Flashback

            “No – No – No! We can’t give this to Pie.” Puey snatched the envelope from Fern and put it aside.

 

            “Yeah. Kim doesn’t want Pie to know it either.” Fern sighs and stared to the the cream – color envelope that they placed on Pie’s bed.

 

            “But Mrs.Kluidom said Pie should come too.” Puey shakes Fern’s arm. They just came back from visiting Yam at her house when Mrs.Kluidom handed them three envelopes. The invitation cards.

 

            “But Kim doesn’t want Pie to know this!” Fern hissed as she removed Puey’s hands from her arm.

 

            “Fern, how could this be? I know there’s must be something wrong.” Puey massaged his temple. Thinking of what they should say to Pie gave him headache.

 

            “I don’t know too, Squid! You think.” Fern messed her hair and dropped her body on Pie’s bed.

 

            “What are you two talking about?” Pie came out from the bathroom while wiping her wet hair.

 

            “Oh..Nothing! We are waiting for you.” Puey gulped and quickly  hid the envelope behind his back.

 

            “Yeah..We are waiting for you.” Fern jerked up from the bed like a spring.

 

            “I know there must be something. Look at your face.” Pie pointed her finger her bestfriends’ face.

 

            “Princess, we come here to visit you. You know, I miss you so much.” Puey passed the envelope to Fern as Pie sat beside him. Since Pie broke up with Kim, she decided to stop working at Aunty Inn’s Bistro and never come out from her house. Not even once.

 

            “Really?” Pie stood up and changed her sitting position to be beside Fern.

 

            “This Squid keeps nagging me to take him to meet you.” Fern forced herself to smile at Pie. At the same time she passed the envelope back to Puey.

 

            “Oh..” Pie nodded her head knowingly.

 

            “What about this?” Pie yanked the envelop from Fern’s back and lifted it up to the air.

 

Fern looked to Puey with her shocking face while Puey’s face already drained with color. “It’s not my hand.” Fern can read Puey’s lips.

 

            “Oh, it’s for me. Who’s gonna get married here?” Pie exclaimed in surprise as she realized that the envelope of the wedding invitation was addressed to her.

 

            “Pie..” Both of Fern and Puey didn’t manage to stop Pie as Pie already took out the card from the envelope.

 

            “Apittha Kluidom and Kimhan Jittaleela Wedding’s Invitation.” Pie eyes laid on the line of the card.

 

            “SLICKK.” The card slipped off from Pie’s hand to the floor.

 

#End of Flashback

 

 

It has been two weeks since they broke up. Kim and Pie completely lost their connection. No phone calls, no messages of good morning neither good night wishes, no texts from Kim asking Pie whether she has ate her lunch or not, no text from Pie asking Kim where she is right now and  no texts of saying Kim is waiting for Pie outside the house. All gone. None. 

 

            “Kim, I can’t live without you.” Pie sobs bitterly. She doesn’t know that her decision of breaking up with Kim could be this hurt. It is indeed true that angry people are not always wise. She remembered how she fumed irritably, starting with the scene where she slapped Kim’s cheeks hardly until the last word that come out from “I want to break up.” The anger burnt her precious balance act.

 

What Kim doesn’t know is Pie always waiting for her to come or at least make an effort to call her. Pie wanted to hear Kim’s pleading voice “Pie, please listen to my explanation.” Or “Pie, hear me. I’ll tell you the truth.” Or “Pie, I can’t accept this break up. You need to hear me first.”  But her phone rings for none.

 

Pie swear, if Kim shows up in front of her right now, she will surely listen to Kim. She will listen to what ever Kim wanted to tell her  even if  it will take hours to be explained. She will wait. She WILL WAIT but she knows it won’t happen. She might be stupid, egoist and stubborn of not giving Kim a chance to explain everything that night but if Kim really loves her and serious with this relationship, Kim must fight for it just like she used to do before. Now she realizes why Kim doesn’t show up or put an effort to reconcile with her ; the envelope in her hands is the answer. Kim and Yam wedding’s invitation. What surprise her more is the ceremony  will be held in another two days.

 

            “How could you do this to me, Kim.” Pie face is still wet with tears as she force her eyes to shut and sleep, her heart is beating with pain and hurt. Her saddness is unfathomable yet she felt betrayed and lonely. She lays helplessly  on the bed, in the middle of her shattered world.

 

 

 

Meanwhile at the other side of living..

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter