No Turning Back

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Although Luhan was already standing in front of her eyes, she still couldn’t grasp reality as she thought she was hallucinating. There is no way Luhan would know where she was, even if the country she was currently in was one of Korea’s neighbour countries. Like seriously?

 

“What? Still won’t believe?” He asked grinning then gave her a light peck on her lips. She took a step backward, “I guess I have to kiss you longer than I did earlier.” He was about to grab her again when she alarmed and covered her lips with her hand. “Man, I thought I’ll have another chance.” He mumbled in disappointment as Seohyun squinted her eyes, processing whatever situation she was having as of now.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?!” She got back to her senses as she inquired loudly. Eyes widening in incredulity. Luhan just shrugged and nodded, “Yes, I miss you too so much that I thought I’ll die. But I realized I will live because I still have a mission in this world.” He flashed his smirk, “And that is to marry you.”

 

Her eyes began to narrow for the second time, clearly not understanding his words, not a bit. “How’d you find me?” She asked again, confused, lost and even if she didn’t want to, happy to see him. Oh how she missed him.

 

“Can you at least invite me inside? You don’t plan hearing all my answers while we stand here correct?” Seohyun studied his look, to be honest he had changed. The style of his clothing, his hair and he looked manlier than before. Like he became fully a man. She bit her lower before nodding, opening her door in a wider stance as he cheerfully entered her room, making his way and feeling comfortable with her bed.

 

After closing her door, she headed to her couch when he noticed she already occupied the bed. Her brow raised automatically when she saw what he was doing, “What the, what are you doing?!” She asked, incredulously staring at him. Like he gone mad, and not on his right mind. Because what he was doing wasn’t normal!

 

“Sniffing your sheets, blankets, and pillows because I know you left your scent in here.”

 

“Since when did you start doing that?! Are you crazy?!”

 

He smiled at her, “Just now. Because just so you know, I’m really deprived with everything concerning about you. I just want to familiarize myself again, if you don’t mind.” He explained, like it was something normal people would do, like it’s not creepy at all. He sniffed for the second time, closing his eyes savouring the scents. “You do sweat when you sleep right? Like sweating hard?” He asked, eyeing her suggestively but Seohyun cringed in response.

 

“If you don’t mind, I really do mind.” She said, walking to him hesitantly before snatching her blankets in his hands. “What you are doing right now sends Goosebumps on my skin.” She sat beside him, setting aside her blankets. “Enough of this joke Luhan, but how did you find me here? What are you doing here? Who else knew?” She bombarded him with her questions and wasn’t really finished yet but Luhan beat her when he raised his hands in surrender.

 

“One question at a time. Geez.” He whined then pouted. Seohyun calmed herself, and then nodded.

 

“So okay, my first question is how did you find me?” She asked, flinched when his face became serious as he stared at her intensely. The playful mood has gone, replaced by a serious silence.

 

“I went through hell just to find you.” He answered vaguely and the surprised look she gave, made him smile. “But I think it’s worth it.” He lifted his palm to cup her cheek, “What I’ve been through just to find you was nothing when I finally find you.”

 

“So you’re looking for me? I clearly stated to everyone that I don’t want to be found, that they shouldn’t worry where I was!” She argued and Luhan put his finger to silence her.

 

“Yes, you told it through your letters but did you forget you never send me a letter?” He asked sarcastically as Seohyun looked away. Guilty. Well, she intended to do that, since she was afraid she didn’t know what to tell him. She didn’t answer, and Luhan made her face him again with his finger on her chin. “Back to the story, I went through hell just to find you. I have searched everywhere, asked everyone, but no one knew where the hell you are. But…” He paused then flashed a chesire cat smile, “I have connections.” He sighed, “I hired a private investigator, without my parents knowing they’ll oppose since they respected your request so much. I hate to say it but I don’t, and you can’t run away from me. Do you know that?” She shook her head to answer his inquiry.

 

“And as for the second question as to why I was here, of course to meet you because I’ve had enough enduring. To tell you the truth, the first month of your absence, I already knew where you are and what are you doing. I found out that you’re the representative of our University by the government’s program. Although I’m very proud of you, I hate you for hiding it to us, even threatening the officials to not participate if your request wasn’t approved.” She flinched with his hard tone. “I already monitored your every action, your location and status but decided I shouldn’t let it known, to others and to you. I guess now’s the perfect time, don’t you think so?” He taunted and she sighed in defeat. “And for the question of who else knew, well, I’m all alone. Don’t want to share my secret to others, not yet.”

 

“Why? Why would you go so far just to find me Luhan?”

 

He laughed, like he heard a joke but Seohyun was not having any of it, not understanding the humor he was seeing, failing to understand what was funny.

 

“Yes, why? Why would I go so far?” He asked, still laughing but all of the sudden he was serious. And the next thing she knew she was pinned under him, on her bed. Her eyes widened, “Why? Because I love you.” He bluntly stated, shocked evident in her face.“I love you that I couldn’t stand not seeing you. I couldn’t stand it, and I missed you so much.” He buried his face on her neck, he inhaled deeply, her scent clouding his nose before sighing. “I can’t afford to lose my control at the moment. So say something.” His hands gripping her arms for support.

 

“What about Irene? She’s ill, isn’t she?” She asked, feeling uncomfortable with their position.

 

“Irene wasn’t really sick, she was misdiagnosed. But now she is looking good and is really healthy, happy with her new boyfriendTaehyung.”

 

“I don’t understand.” She answered, feeling immobile under him.

 

“I know.” He nodded though face still buried in the juncture of her neck and shoulder.

 

“Enlighten me.”

 

“I don’t love her anymore, not even after she went back.”

 

“Because you love me? Since when?”

 

“I realized when I stole your first kiss.”

 

“So what is your plan now?”

 

“To marry you.”

 

She pushed him a little, asking for a little space as Luhan finally sat properly and she did the same. “You’re well aware that I can’t.” She answered seriously, “And you still didn’t even know my feelings, my answer.”

 

“Beat the crap Seohyun, I’m much aware of your feelings. Kris told me even before.” He smirked when she gasped and muttered the word, ‘That traitor.’

 

“What if my feelings changed now?”Luhan furrowed his brows at her question, “Well duh? Of course I’ll change it back to where it was before.” He answered like her question was the easiest thing in the world.

 

“But I still can’t. You see, I have other priorities that I should be focusing more than marrying you.”

 

He mumbled words under his breath before glaring at her, “I know.” He stated in defeat, “But I’m willing to wait. I’m willing to wait for more seven years Seohyun. I can be a very patient man in case you didn’t know.”

 

“I didn’t.” She laughed when his eyes narrowed in annoyance. “But wait! You still can’t tell this anyone okay? Where I was, what I’m doing or keep your secret about the facts you knew about me.”

 

“Sure, in one condition.” Seohyun paled hearing his answer, not liking the moment he opened his mouth to talk again. “You won’t cut your connections with me. Are we clear? I’ll still monitor you but through calling you, or at least through Skype. Much easier.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Another year had passed….)

 

 

“Are you sure, Krystal already has a boyfriend?!” She asked in disbelief but Luhan just chuckled in response. “Couldn’t really believe eh?” He asked playfully as he heard her intakes of breaths. “Whoooo?” She asked through the phone. They would much use Skype as of now, but he’s in the middle of working, well its lunch break so he grabbed the chance to call her, because he knew she would be getting hysterical with the news.

 

“Well, for starters, I don’t think you knew him but he’s Suho’s younger brother.” He answered, reclining his back on his chair while playing with his pen.

 

“Oh my gosh! Finally Soojung found her man! But, what’s his name?” She asked excitedly as Luhan closed his eyes, enjoying the sound of her voice. “Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“KIM MYUNGSOO?!” She asked loudly as his eyes automatically shut opened. “You knew him?” Hoping he didn’t sound so affected just because she knew some guys.

 

“Oh yes. Sungjong, my former hoobae is his best friend. Oh well, what a lucky girl, that guy is so handsome.”

 

He frowned, hearing her response. “You’re still lucky to have me, don’t forget that.” He answered but only to receive a snort from the other line. “Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny, this narcissist seriously. You remind me of Kris so much every time you’re bragging your looks.” She paused, “Speaking of Kris, any news about the guy?”

 

“News? Well, he shaved his hair, turned into bald; considered a news to you?”

 

“He didn’t?!”

 

“Sorry love, he did. Honestly he looked awful. I’ll send his photos to you, so you can black mail him when you come back here.”

 

“Oh my gosh, please do that! You know how much I love bullying Mighty Wu.”

 

Luhan smiled hearing her words. He couldn’t imagine what Kris would look like when she bragged his bald photos to him after she came back. He sighed, he couldn’t wait for that to happen. Even though they talked everyday, every chance they had, he still longed to keep her close with him.

 

 

 

 

(Three more years had passed….)

 

 

“What are you doing here, again?”Seohyun asked when Luhan appeared on her doorstep, grinning widely but carrying a bouquet of red roses.“So this is the reason why you weren’t answering my calls, for not contacting me, because you’re planning to visit.”

 

Luhan just shook his head still flashing a smile, “Don’t be mad. I know you miss me too.” He pulled her to a bear hug and kissed her cheek. “Mother called last night, informing me she thought she saw you here in Paris, which is really true since you’re here. I immediately booked a flight to pretend, to find you because as you know they still thought I’m still in the process of searching for you but the truth is, I just want to warn you to be careful if you still plan to keep your secret.”

 

She sighed as she took the flowers in his hands, “I was just worried. You never missed a call, I thought something bad happened to you.”

 

“I told you I wouldn’t let anything bad happen to me because I still plan to marry you, have a family of our own and then..” He paused, “Make babies.” He laughed when she hit him with the bouquet of red roses. “Seriously Luhan, you’re getting more ert as the time goes by.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter