Caught off guard

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

          Seohyun stared at herself on the mirror that was placed at the bathroom. She wasn’t smiling nor frowning. Her expression was just plain, seeing her reflection wearing the dress that Nichkhun, Luhan’s father sent to her. It was color pink, with some cute white beads matching the lacy design. She looks like a doll, that’s what Kyuhyun told her. She also wore a pink headband to match the color of her lacy dress.

 

A smirk appeared on her lips when she looked down and stared at her footwear. She was wearing white rubber shoes, instead of wearing high heels. Her reason, it will also maybe help her to put a bad impression on Nichkhun. Maybe if he finds her fashion as weird, it will help him to reconsider on marrying off his son to her.

 

“Seohyun? Are you done? We need to go.” She heard her father calling out for her.

 

‘This is my style.’ She thought while grinning. “Okay! I’m done!” She shouted back as she opened the door of the bathroom, revealing her little brother giving her a smirk. He was wearing a black coat with black slacks. And a bow tie on his neck. ‘Formal too huh?’ Seohyun thought.

 

She smirked back at the kid, “What do you want dark imp?”

 

“I was never really wrong in judging you Witch. Here’s your broom.” He handed as Seohyun without hesitation took it. “A witch without a broom isn’t perfect. Nice dress! It really matched your rubber shoes and your broom well.” The little dark kid boy remarked while giving applause towards her.

 

“Thanks.” Seohyun answered with a smile. “But do you know why Witch needs a broom?” Jongin brows furrowed, “In order to fly?” He asked.

 

Seohyun shook her head while smiling, “We need this stuff to hit those naughty little imps!” She gently hit the little boy on his as he growled in pain. “Ouch! You Witch! Ow! Ow! Witch! Ow! Witch!”

 

Seohyun triumphantly smiled. “Many points for the Witch, zero point for the imp.”

 

“Seohyun, Jongin, stop the bickering since we really need to go and meet the Lu’s. We’ll be late for the party.” Kyuhyun stepped in, as the siblings stared at their father in awe. He was also wearing a formal attire, and if it’s not absurd, Seohyun will think that she was scheduled to engage with the Deer-Monkey tonight.

 

She cringed. ‘If we failed tonight, the engagement next week will really happen.’

 

“Appa wait.” Seohyun and Kyuhyun shifted their attention to Jongin, “Where are we going?”

 

“At the Lu’s residence.” Kyuhyun answered while ruffling the little boy’s hair.

 

Seohyun pondered when she heard that they’ll be heading to their house. It only means that she’ll be meeting his relatives?

 

“Appa, I’m wondering why there’s a party in their residence? What’s the reason for the celebration?” Since she didn’t have any idea why they were heading at the Lu’s residence, she asked. Although she and Luhan already predicted the meeting, they didn’t get the chance to discuss what kind of meeting was that.

 

She was actually imagining that they’ll be meeting at a certain restaurant like their first meeting. ‘But why there?’ She asked mentally.

 

“No particular reason. Nichkhun just wanted to throw a party in advance in your upcoming engagement with Luhan. Only their relatives are invited.” She widened her eyes.

 

‘Crap. I really need to find a way to stop this madness.’

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan was bored, annoyed, and especially not on his mood. All he could see was people around their forty’s. ‘I want to escape from this place.’ He mentally wished.

 

His father told him that he invited only their relatives but it looked like it wasn’t. Because he didn’t know all these people. Well, he knew some since it’s his aunts and uncles. And now he was wondering where did his cousins go?

 

“Are you enjoying Son?”  Luhan shot a glare at his father who was sitting beside him, wearing a smug look. “Yes.” He answered sarcastically.

 

His father let out a chuckle, “Sad to say but your mother couldn’t come since she wasn’t finished with her work in Paris.”

 

Luhan’s face brighten up when he heard his father statement, “That’s good to hear.” He commented almost immediately. Truth to be told, Luhan was afraid of his Mother. Because she can control him, if his father couldn’t, well his mother could really. And he couldn’t refuse to obey if she had given her orders to him. That’s how his mother got the upper hand, she was the Queen. Even his father was afraid of her.

 

“Your best cousin wasn’t here either. Neither your other cousins.” Nickhun then added making Luhan to scowl. “Isn’t it obvious? I didn’t even see that person’s shadow. I thought you invited only our relatives but why do I see some people I couldn’t even recognize? Why didn’t you just invite my friends?”

 

“Well, those people are my business partner. I couldn’t help but to invite them. And as for your friends, I decided not to invite them since I don’t want to see you only just hanging with them tonight. You’ll stick with Seohyun, do you understand?” Luhan scratched his head in annoyance.

 

“Fine! I’ll do that.” He answered while hissing. ‘At least if radish-girl was here, my boredom will lessen.’ He thought.

 

 

A man in black suddenly approached the Father-and-Son. “Mr. Cho and his family have arrived.”

 

Luhan’s pretended to show a disinterest look but inside of him, he was grinning at the thought that this night won’t really be a lonely, bored night.

 

‘We need to execute our plan right now.’

 

 

“Really?” His father exclaimed in happiness. “ them here in our table.” He commanded as the man in black obeyed without saying anything. Nichkhun stood up when he spotted the Cho, wearing his best smile.

 

“Kyu!” He greeted. His eyes transferred to Seohyun who was gathering attention from everyone. The pink dress he sent to her really did fit well on her. She looked like a doll. He chuckled mentally when she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter