Uncontrollable Feelings

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It’s almost three in the afternoon. The wind was playing with the leaves of the trees as well as the long grasses in the soccer field. Seohyun didn’t know why she was in this place together with Lay’s fiancée. She just knew they needed to talk as the girl has said, and in a very quiet place where no one can disturb them. The soccer team will start practicing at four in the afternoon so they can have this place peacefully for about an hour.

 

They were quiet at first, especially seohyun who was hardly guessing what would be Lay’s fiancée gonna tell her. Or something, she needed which she truthfully hadn’t had any idea. And the girl obviously a rich kid, what else did she need with a poor girl like Seohyun?

 

Would they gonna talk about Lay?

 

“You are one of Zhang Yixing’s friends right, Cho Seohyun-sshi?” Seohyun stopped from musing as she looked at the girl confusingly but nodded her head eventually, “Did you notice his odd behavior recently?”

 

Seohyun considered the question thoughtfully as she started thinking about her recent interactions with Lay. Her forehead creased as she realized they didn’t really meet these past few days. He’s always busy, and the last time she saw him he only nodded his head and offered a small smile. Then he bid goodbye saying he needed to finish things. He couldn’t even look at her in the eyes, but she brushed it off, thinking that maybe he was that busy and didn’t want to interfere with his affairs.

 

“He’s always busy, though it was unusual, I don’t find it odd. Added the fact that we couldn’t see each other lately. Why? Was he behaving odd? I’m sorry I couldn’t really answer properly since I didn’t notice.” She apologized though feeling guilty. Why would Lay behave oddly though? What kind of odd?

 

A deep sigh escaped from the girl as she faced Seohyun with a very serious face. “Their company nearly got bankrupt.” A gasp was made by Seohyun as worriedness for Lay reached her face. “And he was forced to agree in a deal where my father would save their company if he would agree to marry me.” Seohyun bulged her eyes from her sockets.

 

“My father and his father were really good friends. Even before, I always see him at gatherings but never did try to approach him since I don’t have any courage. I’m in love with him, since the day I first saw him. But Zhang Yixing never noticed my mere presence. One day, father decided to introduce me to him and I seriously got happy because finally he acknowledged my existence. As the days go by, my feeling grew deeper while Zhang Yixing just looked at me as an acquaintance, he didn’t even consider me as his friend.” Seohyun couldn’t quite understand why Eunji was telling her all of these, but she didn’t try to interfere. So she continued, “When my father told me their company was going down, I pleaded him that they should help them. I didn’t think that father had his mind to make an arrange marriage for me with him. When I found out, I knew it wasn’t right but I celebrated inwardly, but then I noticed Zhang Yixing’s reaction with the news. He wasn’t happy about it, but didn’t dare to argue. My family was the only people on earth that could help his father’s company so they agreed. I felt guilty for being happy, and felt sad for him.”

 

Suddenly, Seohyun felt a pang of pain as she heard Eunji’s story. Somehow, they have the same situation. They’re in love with their fiancés’ who couldn’t love them back. It’s quite surreal that she would meet someone who has the same hard situation as her.

 

“Say, Seohyun-sshi. Do you like Zhang Yixing?” Eunji’s sudden inquiry almost made her choke but managed to calm herself as she stared at the girl like a horn had grown on her head. “Of course not! Me and Lay we’re just best friends like girl friend and boy friend with spaces. I never did see Lay as a guy to like, although he’s kind and charming. Don’t worry we’re just friends.” She reassured with an assuring smile.

 

“Do you like someone else?” Seohyun made a sigh with her question, but didn’t answer. “So you do like someone else.” The girl stated making Seohyun to sigh even more. Yeah, and you’re pretty much having the same situation as she was right now. Falling in love with someone who couldn’t like you back. “Was it unrequited?”

 

She’s being nosy, Seohyun could tell and she wanted the topic to stop. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t pry more. Zhang Yixing does like someone else too though? Even if the girl didn’t like her back. But mine’s unrequited love as well. We have the same situation.”

 

Seohyun smiled bitterly at Eunji, “The only thing that differ us was the fact that the girl likes him back.” She smiled, this time sincere. “But I already accepted the fact and honestly I’m moving on.” She laughed at her own words, the old Seohyun would never say this kind of things “But why are you telling me this anyway?”                                                                

“Because I need your help.” A questioning look was thrown to the girl as Seohyun wondered what help could she be needed since she was rich. Maybe, something that money can’t buy?

 

“Help about what? As long as it’s not money, I can probably lend a hand.” Eunji laughed at her straightforwardness as she shook her head while wiping a tear in the corner of her left eye. “Silly, of course it wasn’t about that. I just want to learn more about Zhang Yixing, how he was doing, how was his lifestyle as a student. Since right now, he was busy arranging the things needed to be fixed in their company. And Dad’s was firmed he should be more focused now on both of the companies.”

 

“Well, if that’s the case then I can really help you with that.” Seohyun nodded, more to herself feeling proud that her request was simple as eating pie.

 

“I want him to fall in love in me. And I’m planning to make this possible on my own. But can I rely on you if I do ever need assistance?” Eunji never really fail to amaze Seohyun. Her straightforwardness, her courage and there’s something about her that drew Seohyun to nod yes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After her talks with Eunji, Seohyun was relieved that there’s someone who was willing to love her boy friend Lay. Somehow, she hated herself that she didn’t even notice the changes about him. So that was the reason why she barely saw him. He was busy, and was alone to face all his problems. She hoped Eunji could help him ease the burden he was feeling inside him.

 

The next thing she would do right now was to call the trio if they wanted to hang out with Irene and the insufferable Empire Princes. Hayoung was probably okay with it but she doubted if Jongdae especially Soojung would agree. She was not oblivious by the fact that Soojung hated Irene, so much. Honestly she was wondering why, every time their topic would unconsciously bring up Irene’s name, Soojung would make a sour face then would start saying bad things about the kind and beautiful girl.

 

She always tried to scold Soojung about it, but the girl didn’t even spare time to listen to her. She still wondered until now why though? Now time to give a call.

 

After several rings, Soojung answered her phone with her usual lazy tone. “Yeah?”

 

“Soojung! I wanna ask you something.”

 

“Yeah? Don’t beat around the bush.”

 

“Do you wanna hang out with the Empire Princes? Like road trip, something like that?”

 

“OMG! When? I like that? I got bored staying all day here in the condo because I don’t have classes.”

 

Seohyun was relieved that Soojung was interested. Now, the only thing she should do was to add the information about, “With Irene?”

 

“NOOO!” Seohyun shove her phone slightly away from her ear. Soojung’s shrieks could kill her eardrum. “With her? I’d rather stay here in my room, buried myself under the sheets than hang out with her. Or, rot in hell.” Soojung, really has this bratty attitude, always ing with someone she hates.

 

“Why do you hate her so much though?” Seohyun wondered, not getting why her friend was so against with Irene. “She was kind and beautiful, in fact we became friends just a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter