One True Pair

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So what do you want to tell me?” Seohyun asked as she and her fiancé were inside his car. Luhan told her that he needed to discuss some important matters to her making her more curious.

 

“When is your birthday?” Luhan asked.

 

Seohyun was caught off guard with his question but she decided to answer. “Why are you asking? You’re not planning on giving me a gift?” She asked while looking at him confusingly. But a grin appeared on her face as she poked his cheek, “Eeyyy, will you give me a present on my birthday?”

 

Luhan smugly stared at her, “In your dreams.” As Seohyun frowned at him. “Then why are you asking? My birthday is on Wednesday.” She gloomily answered and shot him a sad face.

 

“Your birthday present wasn’t our priority as of now. You’re turning twenty!” Luhan exclaimed.

 

Seohyun puckered her lips, “So what?”

 

“I am twenty!” He exclaimed again as Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Who cares if you’re twenty?”

 

Luhan furrowed his brows, “You don’t remember?” He asked as Seohyun shook her head. “Remember what?”

 

“The vow that our fathers made! When their children reached the age of twenty, theare bound to marry each other!” Seohyun widened her eyes and looked at him in horror. “Oh my God.” She muttered. “So you mean we will get married after I turned twenty?!” She exclaimed in panicky as Luhan grabbed her arm firmly.

 

“No. I won’t let that happen. We won’t let them to marry us.” He stated seriously making Seohyun to stop from moving and stared at him. “So what should we do?” Seohyun asked when Luhan let go of her arm. She rubbed her arm gently because she was kinda hurt when Luhan held it. “I don’t want to get married early.”

 

 

“Me too. That’s why we’re here. We really need to think of ways Seohyun. This marriage will not be happened.”

 

“How?”

 

“For now I can’t think of ways, but I assure you. We will not get married.” Luhan smiled reassuringly at her as Seohyun bit her lower lip. “Let’s just observe our Fathers’ behaviors first, I don’t think they already made a plan about our so-called wedding. Father won’t make reckless decision. But I know for sure that he’ll think about it so soon, not this month, not in the next month but rather for the upcoming months. So you need to ready yourself Seohyun.”

 

“I understand.” Seohyun seriously answered while nodding.

 

 

*

 

“Finally the two of you arrived.” Soojung sarcastically welcomed the two as soon as they stepped inside the café. They caught everyone’s attention as Seohyun shot her a guilty smile while Luhan ignored her and straightly headed to the staff room to get his uniform.  

 

“Where did you two go?” Soojung asked almost immediately and dragged Seohyun at the counter where Baekhyun was the cashier. “Don’t you know that you’re freaking 3 hours late?!” Soojung scolded her as Seohyun kept shut while smiling guiltily. “Sorry.” She muttered. “We ran into a traffic jam.” She reasoned out but that wasn’t true.

 

Luhan got a phone call from his father telling him to attend one of the meetings of their clients and it’s really urgent. Since he was the director of their company, he couldn’t runaway from his duty. So after they talked about their problems, Luhan driven back to their company building while Seohyun was tagging along.

 

She was bored while watching him discussed everything related to their business. Yes, she was present at the meeting room doing nothing but yawn, and yawn, and yawn. She honestly fell asleep as she couldn’t take the boring atmosphere.

 

“That’s enough.” He appeared at the door of the staff room wearing now his butler uniform. He handed her uniform and ordered, “Wear this. It’s your uniform. We need to help them serve the customers now that we’re so late.”

 

Seohyun nodded understanding the situation as she went to the staff room to change as well.

 

 

*

 

 

“It’s her birthday on Wednesday, did you already buy your gifts?” Jongdae inquired while making sure that no one will hear him. It’s already 3pm in the afternoon as the café was already closed. The waitresses and the waiters decided to rest after since they were all tired and exhausted. Jongdae, who happened to be not included with the staffs, appeared afterward to discuss about their friend’s birthday.

 

 

“Crap! I forgot about it! I still didn’t buy mine.” Soojung answered biting her lower lip. It’s ashamed that she forgot her friend’s birthday especially buying her present which was she never really forgot before.

 

“I already have mine. I just hope she would like it.” Hayoung on the other hand the always ready Maknae, already bought hers. Jongdae and Soojung weren’t really that surprise knowing her personality. That’s what made her unique.

 

Jongdae patted her head, “I’m sure Seohyun would love it Maknae. You know she appreciates everything we gave to her.” A bright smile appeared on Hayoung’s face as she gave a thumb up at her Jongdae Oppa.

 

“What about you Jongdae? Did you already buy yours?” Soojung asked as the guy answered her with his usual arrogant smirk. “Are you really asking me Soojung?” When Soojung’s brow rose up, Jongdae immediately corrected himself. “I mean Krystal. Geez. Soojung is also your name, why not used to it?” He complained.

 

“I don’t like it. And Dad usually calls me in that name so I loathe it. I don’t want anyone calling me in that name.” She seriously answered as Hayoung and Jongdae exchanged a worried look.

 

“You still hate your father?” Jongdae worriedly asked. “No.” Soojung plainly answered. “He hates me. I’m just returning the favor.” She crossed her arms on her chest. “It’s not like you don’t know my father. He wasn’t proud that I am his freaking daughter. He only needs Unnie and I am okay with that.”

 

Jongdae and Hayoung knew that she wasn’t. She was lacking with her father’s love. Although they didn’t know why her father always disregard her? Soojung is a beautiful talented young girl, she can do everything if she wanted to. She can be a hardworking girl but her father just couldn’t seem to notice that.

 

“Why did the topic become like this? Let’s change the topic. Suggest a good present for our dear scholar student.” She requested just to alter the topic. It’s just too painful for her. It was hurting her mentally even though she always said she was okay with it.

 

 

“How about give her a hairclip?” Jongdae asked. Hayoung and Soojung stared at him with a questioning look. “Just look at her.” He pointed while the two obeyed and transferred their sight to her who’s busy arranging the chairs. She and Luhan were assigned to arrange the chairs since they were late.

 

“No hairclip, no headband nor something that will make her prettier. I mean, we all know that Seohyun is pretty but she isn’t the type of girl who’s not into with those things as well. It’s at least for a change? She’s turning 20 on Wednesday.” Jongdae explained as Soojung and Hayoung finally understood and agreed with him.

 

“We might not know someone in this room might fall for her.” Soojung added evilly shifting her eyes to Luhan who’s now helping Seohyun carrying the chairs and to Lay who was just quietly watching them and to Kris who’s busy playing in his phone.

 

“Who’s your bet?” Jongdae asked grinning at her.

 

“I’ll go with her boss. She was always with him and that’s all. Enough of explanation.” Soojung answered.

 

“That’s all? Because they’re always together?” Jongdae asked.

 

“Yes, nothing’s wrong.” Soojung answered nonchalantly.

 

“I’ll go with Yixing-sshi, her boy friend.” Hayoung giggled. “I just noticed how gentleman he is for Unnie. And I can feel he has something for her.” She added as Soojung gave her a high five. “Honestly, I also felt that way. But her boss is more compatible with her compared with Zhang Yixing.”

 

“How about you Oppa?” It was Hayoung’s time to ask.

 

“I’ll go with Kris Wu.” He answered eyeing Kris Wu.

 

“Kris Wu? He’s a playboy!”

 

“I know. But there’s no choice left.” Jongdae explained further making the two sighed in frustration. “What? You already picked my choices------” Jongdae stopped from talking.

 

“Kim Jongdae?” Soojung snapped her fingers in front of him but she didn’t get a response. “OM.” Soojung muttered, “Jongdae’s face is getting red!”

 

“Unnie, I think I know the answer why.” Hayoung calmly replied and pointed at the girl who was making her way to the counter with her co-officers. “Yoon Bomi-sshi is here.”

 

 

Soojung chuckled, “I see. So that’s her effect to this idiot.” Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter