The Queen is Back

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

          Nichkhun impatiently glanced at his wristwatch as he was waiting impatiently to this meeting he was currently attending to be adjourned. All he was doing was to give a nod every time he was asked and would manage to say yes to everything they said. And when his phone vibrated, he flinched and immediately opened the message to find out that his son texted him. He shot an annoyed look to his smirking son, sitting in front of him as he read his message through his mind.

 

From Luhan: You looked so bored.

 

But soon he smirked back, knowing he knew something that his son didn’t know. So he secretly replied to his son’s message.

 

Send to Luhan: Mock me all you want Han. In the end of the day, I am the one who was laughing his in victory.

 

His smirk grew wider when he saw how his son looked at him confusingly. He just gestured his son to listen to the meeting as the younger guy glared at him. He chuckled on how his son was so responsive to him. Although they were not in good terms, they enjoyed teasing each other like mortal enemies.

 

“That’s all for the presentation today.” As soon as Nichkhun heard the last presenter’s words, he tried hard to suppress himself from grinning widely as he was really grateful that it was already finished. All of the men who were present at the meeting stood up and gave shake hands to each other. As all of them left the place––except the Father and Son who was staring and sitting in front of each other, like in any minute they will have a huge battle against each other.

 

“Spit it. I know you know something that I don’t know.” Luhan demanded, sending his father an irritated look. And his frown went deeper when Nichkhun flashed a very annoying smile to him. Nichkhun was really amazed on how his son immediately predicted that he was hiding something from him just by looking. “Father.” He threatened but the older man just shrugged his shoulder didn’t even feel threatened.

 

“Han, keep calm. You’ll know later.” He teased as he crossed his arms on his chest still smiling. Luhan would want to erase that smile that his father was wearing but decided to approach in a nice way, maybe he’ll spill if he used gentle words. “Father, if this is about Irene. I know, she’s back. We saw each other yesterday.”

 

Nichkhun raised a brow, “She’s back?” He asked a little surprised. Luhan shot him a confused look, “You didn’t know?” His father shook his head as answer as he saw his eyes scrutinized him. He sighed in defeat, “Dismiss that look.” He ordered but his father still staring at him.

 

“Father!” He shouted as Nichkhun stopped from scrutinizing him as he flashed him a normal look. “I’m sorry. I’m just surprised that you looked….” Nichkhun stopped from his words, “Different.”

 

Luhan snorted, “Different? Mind explaining how did you come up with the idea?” He asked annoyed. Annoyed that his father knew everything about him. Annoyed that he could easily find out if he was behaving oddly or not. Although they looked like they’re not close with each other, the truth was they were close.

 

“You’re not throwing tantrums?” He answered rather asked. “You’re not sulking. I am surprised you still act normal.” Nichkhun answered truthfully making Luhan to avert his gaze. He knew his father knew him too well, and he witnessed how devastated he was when she––Irene left him without a word. It maybe a year passed but it really gave him a mental breakdown.

 

“So what was your reaction when you saw her?”

 

As he heard Nichkhun asking her, his mind drifted to what happened yesterday.

 

 

 

**Flashback*

 

“I-I have to go.” Luhan muttered feeling a little bit lost. He handed her phone back to her as he took a glance at her confused face. Instead of explaining further, he just immediately stormed out from the room leaving his fiancée dumbfounded, confused and alone. He didn’t care. He needed to see her, right now. He felt like his heart was going to explode in any minute as he ran to reach their residence. He stopped from running as he panted in front of the door and slowly twisted the door knob.

 

He heard laughter inside as he abruptly opened the door, revealing his friends––––––and her. They all stopped from talking as they gave him a glance. Luhan’s eyes immediately darted to her face–––who formed an angelic smile as he ran to her and pulled her in a hug. Sehun, Suho and Lay exchanged a look, indicating that they should give the two, some privacy. Kris wasn’t with them since he was probably hitting on some girl he got interested to.

 

They nodded with each other, “I guess we should go.” Lay managed to utter as they immediately left the residence, with a little a rush as they stumbled upon, pushing each other to getaway from the residence as soon as possible. The girl produced a soft chuckle. “You all never changed.” She stated as she patted his arms which were wrapped around her securely. “Aren’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter