Second Meeting

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

          Seohyun kept on staring at the calling card that her soon-to-be ‘fiancé’ gave to her. Their first meeting wasn’t really that good. And they didn’t really talk much since both of them were kinda in a hurry? But Seohyun knew he’s not really her type. Although he’s cute, scratched that, he’s actually handsome and there’s a time that he resembles an angel but that’s all! He’s face didn’t match his intolerable attitude.

 

However she didn’t really want to judge him base on their first meeting. But first impression lasts.

 

“Lu Han…” She read his name. “How did he get a calling card by the way? Don’t tell me he’s that rich?!” She exclaimed. She rolled on the other side of her bed then stared at the calling card again. “Lu Business Corporation? He’s so young to be their Director.” She commented truthfully.

 

“Should I call him? Father won’t listen to my opinion. That old man! How on earth did he think that this will be the best for my future? I’d rather stay like this forever than marrying that guy! Or, stay in a province and become a farmer? That’s not bad! Planting sweet potatoes everyday? I don’t really mind.”

 

She clasped both of her hands but then again, she remembered something.

 

“Crap, I forgot I don’t have a phone.” Grimacing at the thought, Seohyun slumped back at her bed.

 

“I pity myself… I can’t even afford a cell phone. Whoa! I better kill myself. Poverty really hit me.” She groaned, rolling at the left side, right side, left side, right side, right side, left side, right side, left side until she stopped at the center and stared at the calling card again.

 

 Her eyes trailed at the number that was pasted at the calling card and she was so sure she memorized his number already.

 

“9-1-1-1-7” She muttered in her breath. “I guess even if I misplaced this card, I could still call you. Maybe I can borrow Soojung’s hand phone tomorrow? Hmmmmmm…”

 

 She was stopped in her profound thinking when she heard her father knocking outside her door.

 

She grumbled silently and swiftly hid the calling card inside her drawer. She opened her door while attaching a fake smile on her face, trying hard to act normal. “Appa.” She greeted, still with the fake smile.

 

Her father entered her room and said nothing. He chose to sit on her bed while she settled on her mono block chair. Her room was simple, typical, and humble for a striving hard girl like her. Didn’t even have any decorations on the walls. Her one and only window was dusty, her things were neatly arranged on the old-bamboo-table. She also didn’t own any make-up kit in front of her mirror. Only a hair brush and a face powder. Don’t forget the lip-gloss that will soon to run-out.

 

 

 

“Seohyun,” Her father, Kyuhyun summoned her name. She focused her gaze on him with a questioning stare, “Are you really a girl, my daughter?” His sudden question made Seohyun to fell on her seat and stared at him with her widening eyes. “Do you doubt my femininity?” She asked in disbelief.

 

 

“This room doesn’t look like a girl’s room.” He answered while roaming his eyes around. “But maybe because it’s my fault as well for not being capable of giving all the things that a father wants to provide and give to his only baby girl.” He added, and hinting from his voice that he was upset.

 

Seohyun let a deep sigh, her father really loves to blame himself to be honest. “Appa…”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and looked straight in her eyes. “So how’s your first impression about Luhan?” He altered the topic as he pretended to be hyped out, but his daughter knew that he was just faking it.

 

“He looks like…..” Seohyun paused for a second. ”A monkey?”

 

“Seohyun..” When she heard her father’s warning voice, she straightened up. “Okay a deer because of his doe eyes.” She answered again.

 

“Seohyun!”

 

“What? Okay, he looks like a deer-monkey. Satisfied?”

 

Kyuhyun exhaled in frustration, his daughter really sometimes loves to troll him, “Don’t you at least find him handsome? Cute? Like that?” He asked again hoping for a proper answer from her..

 

“Ammmm.. I find him handsome to be honest.” Kyuhyun’s face brighten up in happiness but.. “A guy like him that looks like a deer-monkey is really rare! Why would I not find him handsome? We should appreciate his looks.” Soon it disappeared and replaced by a frown.

 

“Seohyun…. I know you’re just saying that because you didn’t want to marry him.” Seohyun stayed quiet. “But I’m sorry to tell you, I already made up my mind. And that is for you to marry Luhan. I don’t want to break my vow that I made with Nichkhun and I know this is for your future. If you marry him, you’ll have a princess-like life. You don’t need to find part time jobs anymore just to sustain your studies. And I know as a father, this will be the best I can do for my daughter.” Kyuhyun explained using his serious very tone.

 

“But I don’t want that life Appa! I’m satisfied with my life now! I don’t need to marry him just to have a wonderful life. Why can’t you listen to me? I st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter