The Empire Princes

His Secret Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

          The trio quietly stared at their non-stop sighing best friend, worriedly. They were at the cafeteria eating lunch but the girl was just staring blankly like her mind was drifiting away somewhere in the happy place though the look in her eyes told them that she was currently not in a happy place. For sure this girl has a problem again and what was that, they also didn’t know. The three sighed as well in frustration. In the end, the four of them were sighing.

 

Same feathers flocked together.

 

“Stop imitating me.” They heard Seohyun telling them. She sighed for the nth time then faced the trio. “I’m okay, no need to worry.” She assured them, smiling.

 

But the three just looked at her suspiciously making Seohyun to sigh again. Seriously?” She whined.

 

“Okay.” Soojung answered while rolling her eyes. “It’s not like you’re going to spill the bean anyway.” Soojung added frowning at Seohyun.

 

“It’s nothing okay? It’s just a family problem, you don’t need to bother thinking on what is it. I’ll be okay.” Although the three knew that she was just faking her smile, they just nodded their head in understanding.

 

Then she suddenly remembered what happened again last week.

 

 

 

*Flashbacks*

 

“So this is your daughter Kyuhyun?” The man in his forty asked making Seohyun to look back at him. “She inherited her beauty from her mother.” The man chuckled as Seohyun flushed in crimson.

 

 

“Annyeong haseyo Seohyun-sshi, I’m Lu Nichkhun, your father’s best friend.” Seohyun bowed her head when the man in his forty introduced himself.

 

“And this is my son Lu Han, your fiancé.” And his next statement made Seohyun to stare at him in surprise.

 

 

“Eh?!” She asked loudly causing for all the customers at the restaurant to look at them. But at the moment, she didn't mind what they were thinking. Hell, someone just dropped the bomb in front of her!

 

“Appa! Explain!” She demanded glaring at her father. Her father looking paled, tried to open his mouth to explain but he couldn’t even utter one word.

 

“I’ll explain to her. Would you mind leaving us alone?” The guy who happened to be her fiancé requested as the two old men exchanged a look with each other.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll use simple words to make her understand. I’m sure my father already told me everything.” He added wearing an impassive cover-up. Seohyun shivered just by looking at his face. She could feel the cold aura coming through him.

 

“I guess it’s the best way so the two of you will get to know each other.” Nichkhun, his father agreed to his request.

 

“Seohyun-ah please, be good to Luhan-sshi. Do you understand? Don’t show your good attitude on him.” Kyuhyun, her father reminded Seohyun using an irony. She just rolled her eyes and lazily nodded. Thank you for reminding me I’ll keep that in mind, she thought.

 

 

When their fathers left the place, Seohyun sat in front of was-he-really-her-fiancé? And looked at him straight in the eye.

 

 

“You only have 5 minutes to explain.”

 

She saw how the guy scowled, rolling his eyes in a teasing manner. “Fine. I hope your slow mind can understand.”

 

“What was that supposed to mean you?” She asked, slightly taken aback with his audacity to insult her. Her blood was boiling, and her anger was rising. Okay, this guy who-looked-like-an-angel-but-turned-out-to-a-devil was getting onto her nerves. It’s their first meeting yet they’re not getting along well.

 

 

“I was just saying. You look like a dumb to understand what I was about to say to you.” Seohyun closed her fists in annoyance.

 

“Don’t worry, you look dumber. Just explain already so I can leave this place.” This time, it was Luhan who gritted his teeth. “Fine. I also wanted to leave this place anyway. Staying at a place like this with a dumb girl wasn’t really good.”

 

“Same here. So hurry up! You’re a guy yet you talk so much.”

 

Luhan faked a cough, “As you have heard earlier, I’m your fiancé. Our fathers made a stupid vow when they were only in their Elementary days that someday, if ever they will have a son and a daughter their children will marry each other at the age of 20. And unfortunately that happened to be the two of us.”

 

 

Seohyun stared at him impassively after he explained. Was this guy for real? Who would believe in that story? But the look on his face confirmed her that he was not fooling around. “Oh my gosh! I’m turning twnety next month!” Seohyun shrieked in panic.

 

“And I just turned twenty last month.” Luhan seconded.

 

“But we didn’t even have a proper engagement party? Was that even possible? And this is too much to take. I’m so young to marry you!” Luhan could understand her feelings right now because that was his reaction when his father told him about the news.

 

 

“Who says I want to marry you?” Seohyun stopped from blabbering so many words as her attention got back to Luhan. “Since the two of us didn’t want to marry each other, why don’t we just plan on breaking and stopping our engagement?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

“You and me, against this arranged marriage. Deal?”

 

“Wait, can you give me time to think about it? Maybe I can still plead to my father to stop this madness.”

 

“I understand. Let’s meet again then.” He gave her, his calling card. “Call me when you have already decided.”

 

 

*End Flashbacks*

 

 

 

‘Does he really think I still want to meet him?’ Seohyun thought. ‘But father didn’t want to listen to me? What should I do?!’

 

 

 

“Fine, let’s not dig up on her.” Jongdae, the only guy in her circle of friends stated in defeat. Seohyun was brought back to reality when she heard his voice. She decided that she’ll just keep this personal issue on herself and she wouldn’t bother telling this secret to her best friends.

 

“Thanks Jongdae.” Jongdae just winked at her while Seohyun giggled. Jongdae was always been the understanding one in the trio. He was more mature in thinking compare to Soojung and Hayoung, but too childish too sometimes.

 

 

“Just don’t forget that we’re here Unnie every time you needed someone to confide your problem, okay?” Hayoung the always sweetest Maknae told her in assurance.

 

“Ugh.. Hayoungie! Unnie is so touched.” Seohyun grabbed the Maknae to her tight embrace and squeezed the younger girl tightly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter