Backing Off

Kaistal Ship is Sailing! [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good morning appa!” Krystal kissed her father merrily right after she came down from the stairs.

“Okay. What happens to my daughter?” he jokingly cringed. Krystal pouted and he replied her with a laugh. He led his grown up daughter toward the kitchen and sat her down on the stool while he made her favorite morning drink: green milk tea.

“You slept with Yoobi last night, right?” he asked with so much trust toward his daughter while he poured down amount of milk to her brewing green tea. “Of course not! Why would I sleep with the others when I have Kai as my bed?”

“Yah Jung Soo Jung,” her father glared at her sternly but it didn’t stop the younger from giggling. “Gosh I’m so going to have heart attack.”

Krystal sneakily snatched her mug of milk green tea and sipped on the hot drink. “What brought you to wake up this morning, young lady?” her father asked the moment she put back the mug to the counter table.

“I want to make breakfast!” she excitedly exclaimed but her father showed a total opposite exciteme with his face cringed in disgust. “You’re not touching my kitchen, Krystal,” he warned her in English.

“Yes I am. And you are so going to let me,” she jumped off her stool and went to the fridge. She found so many interesting ideas as she scanned her eyes through the stockpiles. Never had she known that her father would interest much in cooking that he had so many kinds of ingredients in the fridge. Her mind went wild just in a blink of an eye.

“Appa. It’s not that hard to make stuffed omelet, right?” she asked while picking up some eggs from its shelf. “Yes it’s hard. I’ll just make you some-“

“No!” she shouted. “I am cooking today. You should rest and have some faith in your daughter, Mr. Jung.”

“I can’t trust you with my kitchen, not also my cooking utensils. I don’t buy it expensively only to let you burn it black,” he pleaded with his face cringed. But Krystal neglected him as she harshly grabbed the egg shelf only to drop two eggs in just a blink.

“EWWWW I NEVER KNOW EGG SMELLS FISHY,” she shrieked when she smelled the white egg stain on her finger. “I’m not going to eat eggs ever again,” she violently threw the whole eggs to the garbage and ran to the sink.

“Oh my God,” her father closed his eyes in despair for hearing his daughter protested about raw egg smell, and the fact that she hadn’t known it along her 19 years of life nearly choked his saliva.

“So now, what will you cook?” he decided to stay rather than to go to his room only to wait Krystal shouts fire.

“Eung….” her eyes lost in her thoughts. “Soup?” she blurted out.

“Just grab something from the freezer and fry it. Learn by frying first,” he massaged his temple from the behavior of his daughter.

Krystal ended up serving slices of half burnt bacon, black burnt sausages, and uneven cuts of fruits to the dining table with a proud face. Below her was her father who gulped down in his seat seeing the simple fried frozen food perfectly burnt in front of him.

“That’s it Krystal I’m going to delivery In n Out,” he quickly ran for his life and also to save his stomach from bursting. Krystal just hissed and went upstairs merrily to wake the others up. Poor innocent people they didn’t know what was waiting them downstairs.

“Good morning sunshine!” she opened the curtain and the people in bed all squinted in frustration. The first person that woke up was Yoobi but her eyes hadn’t fully opened though.

“Eonnie… you’re already awake at this hour?” she knitted her brows right after she checked the time on her phone. It’s still 7.13AM in the morning and she knew it well after having so much sleepovers with her that Krystal’s equally the same as Kai when it comes to sleep: dead. She wouldn’t wake up unless someone splashed her water. Kai was a step worse than her, he wouldn’t wake up even when there’s earthquake.

“Of course,” she seemed brighter than ever, probably from the sweet talks with Kai the night before. “I’m always a morning person,” she shamelessly stated.

“Liar liar pants of fire,” Yoobi jokingly hissed. Krystal harshly slapped Tao and Kris’s body in exchanged to wake them up meanwhile Yoobi woke Sehun up sweet ways like pecking his cheek, tickling his stomach, and poking his nose but the kid didn’t even mind to wake up – or pretended not to wake up because he was enjoying the morning affection too much.

“Here Yoobi-ah. Let me show you how to wake Sehun up,” Krystal couldn’t take her best friend’s pampered attitude any longer as she pulled his arms right when he opened his eyes to avoid her force, but too bad Krystal was second faster.

Ignoring Sehun who’s laying with his face down on the floor after she pulled him off the bed, she went to Kris and Tao and continued to wake the two up but they also didn’t bulge. She ran out of patience and ended up doing the same thing as she did to Sehun.

After a funny bickering with Sehun, Tao and Kris, she chose to storm out of the room to Jessica’s room where she slept at last night. She opened the door and found Kai sleeping on his chest with his hands hanging down.

“Kai-ah~ Ironaaaa!” she threw her body on top of his back but as expected, the latter didn’t respond. He just scoffed and turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter