Melted Hearts

Kaistal Ship is Sailing! [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Unnie,” Krystal greeted her lifelessly on the phone.

“Yah! How come you didn’t give me a call? How’s New York?” Jessica countered excitedly.

“I’m home now,” Krystal sighed, “Nothing’s change here,” she smiled sourly.

“Okay….. what’s with that voice?” Jessica had sensed something.

“I think appa’s dating someone,” she lowered her head before she continued, “I mean, how could he?”

Jessica stayed silent for a while, before she sighed then let out her opinion, “I think it’s about time, Krys. As much as we want them to make up since they’re our parents, they’re still humans. They failed the marriage for strong reasons,” she tried to calm down the younger one.

“We won’t know. You know how much omma hates appa, right? Maybe… appa’s just giving up in some way for reason we can’t understand,” she continued her words, leaving Krystal doze off by the reality.

“But…. unnie,” her voice started to tremble.

“That’s why we’re called an adult now. Things like this, the fact that reality’s messing up with us… We have to endure it and just go on with our life” she said calmly, “We’ll still have him though, arachi?”

“Oh,” Krystal nodded weakly, if only Jessica’s there, she’d clearly get to see tons of disappointment in her face. Krystal nodded to the phone several times before she ended the call, “I’ll call you again later,” she said as she hung up her phone.

Reality is messing with her.

Krystal sighed as she buried her face to the pillow, drowning on her sadness without knowing that Kai had stood on the door all that time. Kai slowly approached her, she still didn’t notice. He squatted down beside the bed and her hair carefully, she’s resting on her chest.

“I hate him,” Krystal murmured. Kai looked at her in worry, “How’d you know it’s me?” he let out a sheer smile, hoping to make her felt better. She turned her body aside to face Kai who’s looking at her dearly, “I just know it. I know him too well. He always gives up on us easily,” she let out a hopeless smirk.

“Sshh,” Kai tried to soothe her, “I believe that he has his reason,” he then stood up and sat beside Krystal. Krystal immediately moved her head onto his lap as he kept on running his fingers slowly through her hairs, “I don’t want him to date anybody else. He’s supposed to love omma. Only her, not anybody else,” her voice started to tremble then tears started to ran down her face.  

“I do believe that he has reasons,” he kept on assuring her since he didn’t want to interfere too far onto her family’s privacy by making random assumption. Krystal sighed, trying to hold back her tears, “If you’re ready go talk to him,” Kai moved her head as he straightened her body. He then lie down beside her and wrapped her body with his legs, pulling her onto his chest.

“I’m not yet ready to talk to him,” she snuffled in anger, “Let’s just cancel this trip. Can you tell him?” she asked to Kai. Kai smiled calmly and pecked on her head, “To cancel a trip he’s been planning since the first time I called him to tell him about our visit, is out of my line. You better talk to him yourself,” he looked down to her who’s pouting by his denial.

Krystal shot up and covered her face with her palm, she groaned inaudibly. Kai just caned his arms to reach her, gave it a light squeeze to encourage her. Krystal turned her head to Kai, she was looking for some kind of help, but ended up getting a nod and an assuring look instead.

Krystal then went out of her room, going downstairs to his dad. She looked all over the places but he’s not there. She then walked up to the room, sighed, and opened the door.

“Appa,” she said carefully. She found her dad on his bed, leaning his back to the headboard. He’s texting on her phone, but soon dropped his phone when he saw her there.

“Come here,” he did away the blanket to let Krystal slipped onto it. She leaned her body to her father’s embrace. She roamed her eyes around the room. Everything’s funnily just still the same. The wedding picture of her parents was still on the wall too. If he's dating someone then why was it still there? She knitted her eyebrows.

“I’m sorry,” he squeezed Krystal’s palm gently, “I didn’t mean to sadden you,” he then rested his head upon her head.

“I hate you,” Krystal buried her face to his chest and gave a light punch to his chest, “I hate you for dating another women,” she then kept on punching his chest.

“Life goes on,” he her arms to calm her down, “Your mom hates me. I think it’s about time to move on…” there were sorrows shone through his eyes. Krystal start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter