Death or Life?

Kaistal Ship is Sailing! [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, good morning,” Krystal pecked Jessica’s forehead and sat beside her. “How are you now? Feeling any better?” she caressed her cheek and smiled to her one and only biological sister.

“Unnie… Still not having any thought to wake up?” Krystal dropped some tears but managed to smile calmly. “I’m going to New York today. I’m going there and I won’t be back for 6 months. Unnie, you hear me? You’ve been sleeping for two months. If you added another 6 months then it would be 8 months without meeting me. Won’t you miss me?”

It’s her departure day and Jessica hadn’t shown any sign of waking up yet. The doctors were practically giving up and they've asked the family if they want to take off her life’s cantilever and you know, just to let her rest in peace.

But the choice was totally rejected by both Krystal and their mother. They wouldn’t give up Jessica’s life just that easily. Her mom didn’t mind about the hospital cost since it’s really nothing compared to her oldest daughter’s life. She could consider so much alternatives but not to let go of Jessica’s life. Not ever.

Krystal looked to Jessica hopelessly. As much as the faith had got a hold of her breaking heart all this time but she couldn’t stay strong any longer. She’s tired of acting all strong in front of people beside Kai and that day, she just let her tears burst uncontrollably. She buried her face to Jessica’s stomach and sob hard. It took her around ten minutes before she calmed down.

Kai heard her sobbing from outside and was hesitating whether to go in or not. But it would be best to leave her crying to her sister since she’d been too strong to held back her sadness all this time.

“Unnie. Promise me that soon as I get there, or while I stay there, I’ll receive call for mom saying that you’re already awake and are doing totally okay without any damage. Promise me that you’ll do well and stay the hell away from that bastard. Promise me that you’ll remain as the old Jessica we all have known all our life. Promise me that-,” her words cut off when she felt a movement under her chest.

Krystal looked dumbfounded as she immediately checked Jessica’s hand. She swore she felt something moving and it must be Jessica's hand. “Unnie. Unnie, are you awake?” Krystal beamed as she cupped her hand on Sica’s cheek.

She pressed the bell and told the nurse to call the doctor through the intercom. In minutes, the doctor came and immediately checked on her. Krystal waited outside with a slight of hope that she’ll wake up any soon. But instead, what she saw were nurses running to Jessica’s room with several equipments and voices of doctors yelling from inside.

“Kai, what happens?” Krystal tugged the hem of Kai’s shirt and Kai didn’t seem to have any answer. He peeked through the small window and immediately hugged Krystal. Krystal was too clueless to guess anything but what Kai did really scare the hell out of her.

“She’s not dead, right?” Krystal stayed blank in his embrace and it was the only sentence that could escape .

 

 

Krystal’s mother, Park Siyeon, ruffled her hair as she looked down to papers in front of her. Being a vice president of one of biggest companies in Asia never seemed easy and actually never something she wanted in life. All it brings everyday is no other than pressure and overload works. As much as she wanted to escape and stay home like normal mothers did, she couldn’t. She’s a single parent now, what would she earn if she didn’t work her off?

The phone rang and it startled her from her dozed off mind. She fixed her hair and picked up the phone.

“Mrs. Park. There’s someone waiting for you outside. He said he’s umm….,” the voice from across sounded hesitant.

“He’s what?”

“He’s your husband.”

Krystal’s mother flinched and seems to lost in words for seconds, “B-bring him in.”

She plugged the phone back to its place in disbelief. She nervously bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter