Thousand Miles Apart

Kaistal Ship is Sailing! [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri braved her self to walk into the building. She had been hesitating inside her car for almost an hour, holding a box in her hand. After long argue with her own self, she dared her self to go in to get it over immediately. She inhaled deeply as she wrote down her name on the visitor book. After 15 minutes of wait, she filled for a form and wait for another 10 minutes before an officer approach her and led her to a room.

She scanned through the people inside and saw people in uniforms talking to the outsider as well. Yuri gulped to her lump as she took a seat to the closest desk to the door. She placed the box on the table and nervously waited for the person to come. She ducked her head while biting her lips unstoppably. Soon her dazed off mind was distracted when a familiar terrifying voice flow through her ears.

“Y-yu-yuri-ah?” Dongwook widened his eyes to the person in front of him. Yuri closed her eyes tightly before she lifted her head up, “S-sit down,” she stuttered, trying to sound tough and careless.

Instead of taking a seat, Dongwook rushed to her and hugged her tightly. Yuri, on the other hand, remained stiff. “Mianhae. Mianhata. Jjeongmal mianhata,” Dongwook buried his face on her shoulder, sobbing uncontrollably, causing the people around gazed to their table. Yuri lightly pushed Dongwook, avoiding an eye contact with him, “Sit down.”

Dongwook went to his seat across from her while still sobbing. Yuri tried so hard to hold down her tears before she began speaking, “I’m here to give you this,” she pushed the box closer to him. It’s a medium size blue box. There were words written on it, which were the things she wrote together with him. Their dream, their hopes, their vows, their message for each other. Inside, were the things they valued together. Even it’s just for a short term and it was more like a trap relationship he set up, he didn’t fail to make everything seemed so true for Yuri.

“I want to dump these, but it will still haunt me. So I think it would be better to give it back to you,” Yuri bravely tried to stare at him ferociously, “There I will have everything cleared off of my mind.”

“You can just throw it away. I know I have no right to ask you to keep it,” Dongwook smiled bitterly, his heart’s shrinking inside. “I….. I,” he hadn’t finished his words but Yuri already stood up to leave, “Have fun on paying your sins.”

“Yuri-ah,” Dongwook called her when she turned around with his head ducked, “I’m sorry for betraying you. I’m sorry that my grudge blinded me. I’m sorry. I have no right to say this but…. I-,” he stopped when Yuri cut him off, “Save the words to your self. I’m not hearing anything again from you,” she said and turned her back to him, walking heavily outside.

The more she got further, the more tears escaped her eyes. She loves him. She really does. But everything he did toward her best friend and her, the face that he put Jessica on the edge of her life, she couldn’t take it as a reason to stubbornly stand by his side. It was too much to take. Hence, she decided to put it aside and to heal her self first before she stepped forward.

 

Meanwhile inside the jail, *I’m sorry Yuri-ah, for making you fell hard for me. When in fact….* Dongwook muttered on his head as he lie his body down on his mattress.

 

 

Krystal walked down the city’s street with her hand intertwined to Kai’s. They chatted gleefully, talking about so much things with each other. Krystal then stopped in front of Columbia University building, looking thoroughly from corner to corner. She smiled to her self, her smile seemed relieved somehow. Kai confusedly stared at her and remembered her dream to go there, “Your dream, right?” Kai pulled her head gently to his arms, ruffling her head cutely. Krystal nodded, but soon her face frowned without Kai noticing. “Kkaja!” Krystal clung her arms to Kai’s and dragged him to walk.

They arrived at Central Park after a long stroll around the city. Krystal unfolded the mat she brought and spread it on the grass. Kai immediately leaned down as he patted the empty space beside him, telling Krystal to lie down as well. Krystal put her head on his arms, letting him wrapped her upper body with his arms while he sprawled.

“We only have 4 days left here. What do you want to do?” Kai said as he looked up to the clear blue sky with fluffy clouds in addition, “Let’s visit my old school after this!” Krystal excitedly looked up to him, “Arasso,” Kai looked at her cutely as he pecked a kiss on her temple.

Krystal then circled her arms to his upper body, “It’s nice, isn’t it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter