Busted

Kaistal Ship is Sailing! [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jin Hyuk, Krystal’s father, was sitting alone in his living room watching a soccer match with a bag of popcorn on his hand. He continuously chewed and would fasten rapidly whenever the ball’s nearing the wicket.  

“GOAAAAAL!” he cheered alone when his favorite team scored as he did a celebration to himself by running around the couch with his arms rising up. He did a little silly dance before he tumbled when he heard his phone ringing suddenly.

He cleared his throat and looked around as if there were anybody else in the house – when in fact he was alone – before he grabbed his phone and picked it up without seeing the caller’s name.

“Hello?”

“Abeoji,” a polite warm voice heard from across.

“Ah. Kai-ah!” his face beamed. “Where are you?”

“I’ve just arrived. The flight was delayed and I was running out of battery so I couldn’t contact you,” he explained. “You didn’t tell her, right?” Kai chuckled in worry.

Jin Hyuk laughed slowly in a low ahjusshi voice, “Of course not. I’m a great secret keeper,” he complimented his own self. “Do you need a lift?” he offered.

“No, no. We’re fine,” he quickly refused – he didn’t want to be a bothersome to his father in law. “Is she home?” he asked.

“Krystal…. hmm,” he hummed while walking toward the stairs. “Oh my God,” he gasped, “I forgot that she’s going out from afternoon.”

Kai took seconds before he responded, “She’s out? I’ve just asked her and she said she’s home,” Kai’s voice immediately turned serious.

“Is she?” Jin Hyuk scratched his hair as he climbed upstairs to check on his daughter’s room. He opened the door and found her room tidy – no sign of life. He went to the other rooms upstairs and turned out to find none. After he’s sure that Krystal was really leaving, he put his phone back to his ear.

“She’s not home,” he assured Kai. “She told me she’s going to her friend’s place and will be back at night,” he added.

“Do you know whose place?” Kai started to feel uneasy.

“No, she’s not going to Jake’s. Karen, Joyle, Brenda, Lizzy, Gail….” he muttered Krystal’s friends crossed on his mind to himself. “Ah, Suho!” he snapped out.

“Suho? Abeoji, are you serious?”

“I’m serious. He’s the only Korean friend she has here,” he innocently replied. “I think she’ll be back early. She never goes home pass 10PM unless she’s staying over her friends’ place,” he added.

“Ne abeoji,” Kai weakly replied. “Hurry up and come here! It’s no fun to watch soccer all alone, son,” he friendlily ordered him.

“Ne abeoji,” Kai replied with the same words before Jin Hyuk hang up the phone and went back to the living room.

Kai arrived at the house an hour later. This time, he didn’t come alone. He brought Sehun, Kris, Tao and also Yoobi along with him. They were originally planned to stay at a hotel but Jin Hyuk insisted to let them stay in his house.

“Kai-ah,” he embraced Kai in a warm fatherly hug soon after he opened the door to see his favorite soon to be son in law. They’ve grown so close all this time. Kai would often call him to talk about things or just to joke around and vice versa. They would hang out together when they’re in the same city and things like that. They did things like father and son – they’re so close already.

Kai patted his back as he buried his face onto his shoulder. “I miss you, son,” Jin Hyuk let go of the hug to his arms with a warm friendly smile on his face.

“Of course I miss you too,” Kai chuckled bitterly. It’s not because he didn’t like Jin Hyuk or feeling bothered – of course not. It’s the fact that Krystal’s lying that killed him the most.

The rest followed Kai inside as they each bowed politely to Krystal’s father. He already knew all of them since they visited the hospital a lot when Jessica’s still in a comma and they’ve talked a lot too, so it wouldn’t be that much awkward for them to stay.

“Kai, show them the room. Boys would sleep on Krystal’s room and the girls would be sleeping in Jessica’s room. You know, since Krystal’s room is wider than Sica’s,” he briefly explained. “I’ll call Krystal to make sure she won’t bump into you guys downstairs. Make your self comfortable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter