Chapter 29 - Dinner II

Fake to Real?!

TOP'S POV

"Babe. Shin Hye invited me for dinner later, she told me that there's something she wanted to talk about between us," I told her like asking a permission to go.

Two days had passed and we're at school now having lunch. Bom was beside me that I expected that she perfectly heard what I said. She wasn't able to answer me quickly, I think she was hesitating. 

But still agreed in the end, "Uhm. Yeah. Sure. Go with her. You don't have to ask me permission like I'm a real girlfriend," she answered bitterly not looking at me. 

I got alarmed at her tone, "Hey, if you don't want me to go, I'll reject her. Just don't get mad please? The last time I ate with her you got mad," I softly told her.

"I'm not mad. I just told you the truth. Besides, we both know that you've always wanted to have time with her," she replied smiling, now facing me. I know her smile was fake for it didn't reached her eyes. 

"Okay. Ride home with Dara and Youngbae, okay? I'll take to their car before I'll go," I said smiling at her. 

She smiled, her smile that reaches her eyes, "Be safe later. Let's just meet after class. Me and Yuri have to go ahead," she told me standing up and went to Yuri then they left.

-----------------*

I told Shin Hye to wait for me in front of my car. She nodded and left. Just then Bom arrived and told me that we'll leave. I held her hand while we're walking. I took her to Bae's car where Dara was in. I told her to take care and kissed her forehead before leaving.

I walked my way to my car and saw Shin Hye already waiting for me. I went straight to the driver's seat not bothering to open the car door for her. My action seems like shocked her for she didn't come in my car quickly. 

She told the restaurant's name and I started driving our way to there. She talked about random things but I am just speaking whenever she asks me something. I don't know but my mind was not here with me now. 

We arrived at the restaurant eventually. We sat and a waiter quickly approached us and took our orders. I ordered a lot for Shin Hye to eat. But when our orders arrived and she found out that I ordered a lot for her she frowned, "Top, I don't like to eat all of this. I'll get fats and lose my figure," she complained pouting but I didn't find her cute. 

I signaled the waiter to come to our table, "Sir, I'm sorry but I would like to refund all of this food. Is it okay?" I kindly asked the waiter. 

"No problem, sir," he said then picked up the foods. 

This girl is so worried about losing her figure and getting fat even though she doesn't have a perfect shape that makes men drool. Unlike Bom, she has the best figure I've ever seen. She even eats a lot not minding about her getting fat and of course, men drooled over her. 

Shin Hye smiled at what I did. The waiter just left one meal for each of us. We stared eating and she also started talking about herself. Things about herself that were not even interesting. 

This girl is so self centered. She even praised herself in her stories. She won't even stop and let me talk for a while. Unlike Bom, Bom's a humble person and she always care about her company's stories. Is this the girl I really love?

Wait, I kept comparing her to Bom. What's with me? Shin Hye supposed to be perfect for me. Maybe she really changed a lot.

Shin Hye kept talking and I want to end this dinner quickly so I interrupted her, "Hey, we're here to talk about something between us, right? Can you get straight to the point now?" I kindly said not wanting to hurt her.

"Oh yeah. Sorry, if I talked too much," she said and took a sip on her water then cleared , "I want you to leave Bom for me," she straight forwardly said.

"Excuse me?" I said shockes at what she said. I suddenly felt that I don't want to leave Bom for her.

"You told me to get to the point now. So that's the point of this dinner Top," she said, "I know that you and Bom were just fake lovers. I heard Dara and Chaerin talking about it in the restroom maybe two weeks ago. I hears that you two did it because you two want me and Siwon back," she finished in one go. 

"W-what? So Siwon also knew?" I asked curiously. She just nodded and took a bite on her steak, "Can I know the real reason why you broke up with me?"

"Siwon's grandma and mine were bestfriends for a long time now. They are the heads of our family businesses. They agreed that they will get me and Siwon married to merge the companies," she paused then continued, "We agreed because they're now sufferring with a sickness that may lead them to death."

"If that so, why are you convincing me now to leave Bom for you?" I asked confused.

"Because I want you back, Top. Well honestly speaking, Siwon and I really had a fun time when we're at Jeju for two weeks that our parents booked for us to get along. And I got bored in our long distance relationship that I agreed to follow what our grandmothers wished for and I'm also the one who convinced Siwon to break up with Bom and be with me for our grandmas," she explained cooly like what she did wasn't something to be mad about.

Weird. I just knew the truth but it didn't hurt me at all. I know that a broken person I am should get mad at knowing the whole truth for it really hurts you including that part of her reason was she got bored in our relationship. 

"So Top, baby," she called me sweetly, "Let's be together again. What do you think?" she asked smiling with eyes full of hope. I didn't felt happy when she called me baby sweetly like what she does when we're together. I absolutely preferred Bom more calling me that way than her. 

And I just realized that all I thought about the whole dinner was Bom. I sighed then decided, "Shin Hye, I'm glad that I finally knew the truth. And I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's condition, I really hope that she'll recover soon."

She just smiled and anticipated for my next words, "I think you and Siwon should grant what your grandmothers wished for especially when they're in that condition."

Her smile slowly disappears but slowly came back when she heard what I said next, "I'm sorry if you got bored in our relationship. I know that it's also my fault when you broke up with me because I know in myself that I didn't give you enough of my time and attention back then," I sincerely apologized. 

She smiled and still waited for my decision, "But I just realized that you changed a lot. You're not longer the Shin Hye that I knew. I'm sorry but I won't leave Bom for you," I sincerely said. Her smile turned into a frown. I stood up and ready to leave not minding if I didn't get to finish my meal. I thanked her for her time and called the waiter to pay. 

 

"And I'm sorry. I'm not going to win you back again anymore," I said before leaving.