I always talk to them first

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Bae's p.o.v.)

(Bae's note: Hello my little minions~ This chapter is in my control, so prepare for your doom -coughs- I mean, prepare to have fun?.. Yeah... that's what I meant...)

===

-Cue birds chirping- "No...not yet~" I grumbled, before rolling onto my stomach. How can it already be morning??? I don't want to get out of my bed~ It's too comfortable. I smiled after making the decision to ignore my alarm and go back to sleep. Yup, there's nothing that can get me to leave my bed...not even-

"Bae! Breakfast is ready, I made cinnamon French toast sticks~" I stand corrected...there is something better than sleeping. I got out of bed even though my body was very unwilling, but I still managed. The sweet smell of cinnamon made things easier as I crawled to the bathroom. 

I quickly brushed my teeth while also brushing my hair (it was no easy task) I grabbed my panda hoodie before running down the stairs. "Umma~ You do love me!~" I cheered, giving my mom a big hug.

"You only know that I love you when I make you food?" My mom sounded rather sad, she even used a bit of aegyo. 

"No. I know you love me all of the time, but when you make me food, I feel it even more." I grinned while my mom only shook her head. "You're such an odd girl." Yes...that I am.

"Oh, that reminds me... Where were you last night?"

I slowly looked up to see my mom grinning at me. I shoved another bite of French toast into my mouth that was already full of food. "Why?" I slowly asked, mostly because I didn't want to choke.

"Oh, you know...it's not everyday you go out and don't come back until 10pm." Oh no... My mom is giving me that look. She must know something I don't, or she's about to ask something about a boy.

"Red and I went to a cafe...that's all."

"Are you sure that's all that happened last night?" Where is she going with this?" And do I really want to know?

I thought really hard, trying to remember what could have happened to make my mom act like this. "Oh! J met up with us and he brought a few other people with him! Also, a guy that worked at the cafe and his friend sat with us and talked...They're pretty cool, I guess. That's all that happened though."

My mom's jaw was hanging low as she stared wide-eyed at me. What did I say?... "You mean to tell me...that you, Chu Bae...talked to other people? Without hurting them?" What is that supposed to mean?

"Um...yeah?" I asked, after I scoffed loudly. Does she think I'm crazy or something? She's talking as if I've hurt a lot of people...SHE HAS NO PROOF! I hide my victims well I wouldn't even hurt a fly (mostly because I'm too scared to kill it...flies are creepy!) 

I continued to eat my food peacefully while my mom talked. "Well, that's odd...but good! Really good. I'm surprised you let people sit with you." I nodded my head and hummed; letting her know that I was listening (I was somewhat listening. I was too focused on the deliciousness in my mouth to fully pay attention) "Normally you scare people away." My mom chuckled. "I'm proud of you...you're finally growing up." What is she talking about? I can barely hear over my chewing. Nonetheless, I hummed a quick "Yeah". My mom sighed before continuing. The next sentence that came out of was so unexpected that I nearly died from choking so much.

"You're finally talking to people and making friends, it's like you're finally normal-"

-Cue the loud choking- I hit my chest to try and get some air in my lungs. My mom handed me a glass of water, and I chugged the liquid down before I took a huge gasp of air. Ahh~ Sweet oxygen, please don't leave me again~ 

"Are you okay? I told you to stop stuffing so much food in your mouth at once! It's not lady like."

Hah! My mom thinks I started choking because of food?! Don't play innocent, mom! You're the cause! Normal? Are you kidding me??? What have I done wrong to be called such an awful thing?! 'Normal' ew, just thinking of the word makes me sick. I, Chu Bae, am not 'normal' I will never be normal either. 

"Mom, why would you call me that? What did I do this time?"

"What are you talking about, Bae?" oh, sure...play innocent.

"You called me 'normal'...why?" I shuddered after saying the word out loud.

My mom sighed and shook her head (she seems to do that a lot when I'm around) "Sweetie, there's nothing wrong with being called normal. It's a good thing. You're starting to make friends, that's why I said it." So that's why she called me the 'n' word? Because I talked to other human beings? I need to fix this problem...and fast. The last thing I want is for other people to start thinking I'm something that starts with an 'n'. New operation: make the 7 hot guys think-

My thoughts were cut off by my mom. I raised a brow after she cleared and spoke. "You know, there is something else that happened last night."

I placed my chin in my palm."What do you mean? I don't remember anything else." 

I heard a chuckle from my mom's mouth before she spoke again. "You've always been like that...falling asleep and not remembering things the next morning. It happened a lot, but there was one time that was really memorable-- it was Christmas eve and you were so excited about the presents, you ended up opening them all that night while your father and I went to the store. You were only 7, but you still got in a lot of trouble...we said that you weren't aloud to go to your grandma's over the weekend as punishment. You cried for so long that night that you ended up falling asleep while doing so..."

Wow...no wonder I have so many emotional issues, just look at my childhood! "You woke up the next morning and ran into our room, begging us to get up so you could open your presents. That was when we realized that yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter