There, right in front of her, stood the most handsome man she had ever seen

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Bae's p.o.v)

===

December 24th, 2015

 

"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock..." Dang, now I have that song stuck in my head! It's hard not to when my mom plays the same 10 Christmas songs over, and over and OVER again! I continued to hum the song despite my dislike towards it as I continued to wash the dishes in the sink. Oddly enough, I've been doing the dishes for the past hour, yet the pile just keeps piling up.

"Oh! Bae, how could you forget to remind me? I need to make soup!" My mom hurried to the fridge and got out all of the ingredients before she started to whip some kind of soup up. I watched as she brought more, and more dishes out, making me realize that I was going to be here all day doing the dishes. It's cool...not like I have a life-- wait, I guess I really don't...hah.

A small smile played on my lips while I hummed to the next Christmas song that was going to play (yes, I know the order of the songs). Eh, I'd rather spend my Christmas eve here doing dishes than with my family-- don't worry, I'm not talking about my parents, sister, brother, or grandma-- it's everyone else that I'm talking about. Every year we have a Christmas eve party at our house and my mom invites her family over-- just her family, not my dad's. I gotta be honest...I don't really enjoy the company much. Besides for my grandma, I wish every year that the rest would just leave.

My aunts...they're different, that's for sure-- and not the good kind of different like me or the guys. They gossip, and they're mean. They've never liked me, they always treated me like I wasn't a part of the family-- now that I know that I was adopted, I realize that to them, I wasn't. Don't feel too bad for me, though...the feeling is mutual. They're not family to me either.

"I'm here!!!" I looked up for a few seconds after hearing the front door slam shut. "Hyomi is here!" My mom excitedly ran out of the kitchen, leaving me alone. That's odd...usually Hyomi doesn't show up until the party actually starts. She's typically with her friends during the day on holidays.

"Bae!!!" Before I could react or run, I was engulfed in a hug. "Hey...Hyomi." I squeaked, barely being able to breathe with how tight she was hugging me. "I've missed you guys so much~" She continued to hug me, despite the fact that I couldn't breathe. "Hey, mom, I'm hungry-" As soon as Daeho walked into the kitchen, Hyomi ran and wrapped her arms around him. "Daeho! I've missed you!"

A smirk made it's way onto my face after Daeho looked at me for help, probably being squeezed to death like I was. Haha, er. Hyomi is acting weird, though...she's hugging us, saying she missed us? What's gotten into her?! And where is my older sister?! She's starting to creep me out.

"I can't wait to spend the holidays with you guys!" She squealed, kissing Daeho on the cheek. "Gross! Lemme go!" How do I go about this without sounding like I don't want her around? Don't get me wrong...I like my sister...and I want her here...but it's just weird. She's acting different.

"Uhh...Hyomi?" She looked at me, loosening her grip on Daeho-- which he used to his advantage and ran away as fast as he possibly could (not that I blame him...). "Aren't you spending the holidays with your boyfriend or something? I mean, that's what you usually do..." I scratched my head, knowing just how awkward I sounded. Pff, forget this. Who cares if I sound awkward! That's like, my natural language.

"Nope. I'm going to make sure I'm here with you guys for the whole week~" I noticed the change in her behavior as she started to bite her lips and blush. "And...about that...can I talk to you, Bae?" I opened my mouth to say that I still have dishes to do, but my mom cut me off and told me to go ahead and hang out with my sister. Tch, she tells me I can go to hang out with Hyomi, but she wouldn't let me leave when I wanted to eat something?! How cruel T_T

"Uh, okay-" Without getting to finish my sentence, Hyomi grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stairs. She dragged me up each step until we got to my room. "Sit down." She commanded, shutting my door and locking it.

She ran to my bed and took a seat next to me before talking. This is getting weird... "So...the thing is...I actually don't have a boyfriend..." She doesn't have a boyfriend? That's a first. I bet- Once again, I'm getting cut off... Sigh. "But, there is someone...who I like...a lot." My sister's face is bright red right now, an she's smiling like an idiot-- this can only mean one thing. "Are you sure you just 'like him a lot'? It seems like more than that." I commented, mostly thinking the words to myself. I hope I didn't act like that when I first started falling for Red, cause man, she looks dumb right now. Blushing...smiling? Gross. Eww~ I really hope I didn't act like this! No wonder the guys don't like hanging around Red and I!

"It might be more...I don't know! Ugh!~" Hyomi fell back onto my bed while covering her face. "I've never felt this way before..." I watched as she stared up at the ceiling, smiling to herself. "He's just so different from the rest." Who the heck could this guy be? I've never seen my sister so happy when it came to a guy. All her other boyfriends were L.O.S.E.R.S! Don't even get me started on the last guy...man, what a- "Okay, don't kill me...but the guy I like is actually one of your...friends."

Huh? Did I hear that right? No way. "What?" "I'm sorry! I know that's the lamest thing a sister can do...but I never planned for this myself either..." Wait...SHE'S SERIOUS?! "WHO? Is it Jb???" Hyomi shook her head and bit her bottom lip. "No." "Jr.?"

"No."

"Youngjae?!"

"Nope."

"BAMBAM?!"

"Bambam? Who is that?"

"YUGYEOM?!?! He's too young for you-"

"It's not him."

I tried to think of who else was left before my eyes narrowed into thin slits. "I'll kill you-" Hyomi quickly sat up and looked at me. "It's not your boyfriend! Geez, what kind of sister do you think I am?!" Gurl, you lucky. It was about to go down in herr. "I don't know...I was just making sure. Who else is left for you to like? I don't have any other friends-" "It's Jackson! Gosh, how can forget about him?" She cupped her face and looked down, smiling like a fool. "Is it even possible to forget a handsome face like that? I know I couldn't~" She giggled, making me want to throw up.

It must be another Jackson, right? "Wait, so the guy you like, is Jackson? My friend?" She nodded her head, yet I still didn't believe it. "Jackson? Jackson Wang?" "Yep~" She confirmed it again...she must be telling the truth. "JACKSON?! And YOU?!" She smiled and nodded AGAIN. "How the heck did this happen?! I didn't even know you talked to him!"

"I never did before, but while you were at Taiwan visiting your boyfriend, I ended up talking to him. To be honest...at first I really didn't like him. He was the only person who was so straight forward with me and pretty much told me what a brat I was for not spending more time with my family..." Yep, this is definitely the Jackson I know. "Even though what he said annoyed me, I knew it was true. I cared about studying so much, and my social life, that I totally neglected spending time with my family."

"So you fell for him because he told you that you were a brat? I tell you that all of the time." I prepared myself to get hit, but instead of that, she just laughed. "No, that's not why. That just made me think that he wasn't as annoying as I first thought. What got me was later that night, when I was in the park alone..." She smiled, so I'm guessing she's remembering it. "It was right after I found out that my loser of a boyfriend was cheating on me...I broke up with him then hung up the phone. I felt humiliated for not realizing sooner, so I did cry, I admit...I was just so sick of all of those types of guys. Anyway, so it turned out that Jackson was sitting on the same bench as me...and he saw me there crying. He heard it all, yet he didn't make fun of me...instead, he actually helped me...a lot."

"After he said all of that stuff to me about love, and what it really means...I don't know! I just couldn't stop thinking about him! I've been thinking about him since that night!" Wow, she's got it bad. "You've got it bad." I mumbled, speaking my mind. "I know~" She laughed before her expression turned serious and she looked at me. "Wait a minute! I still haven't asked you! Why didn't you tell me you were going out with our neighbor?!" Oh, right... I guess I never told her...

"Uh, well, you never asked." Her smile faded a bit, but it was still there. "Well, that's all changing. I'm asking now." I thought it was weird, but I tried to push that thought away as Hyomi grabbed my hand. "First off, tell me everything about him! If you're this crazy about a guy, he must be something special."

Against my will, a smile cracked on my face. "Yeah...he is." Ugh~ Now I'm going into Red mode! I won't be able to stop thinking about him now! I tried to avoid it until he called to tell me that he was on the flight to Korea, but that's all ruined! Now I'm going to be thinking about him all day!!

"Ooo~ You're turning so red!" Red...RED! Why?! "Ugh~" I covered my face, trying to hide the so called 'blush' (I'm not blushing, okay?). "Jackson was right...you really are crazy about him." I moved my hands away and looked at her. "And what about you, huh? You were acting just like this a minute ago! Remember? Because of Jackson~" Her face turned red as well (Red...<3), causing us both to start laughing.

"Oh, whatever!" "You can't even deny anything!" I laughed, falling back onto my bed. She followed my action while laughing with me. "I know, right? I can't deny it because it's true." I smiled, happy with what she said. It's a bit hard to think about, but I'd be willing to hand Jackson over to her. If she likes him this much...I'm sure she'll love him a lot (now we just need him to fall for her...). "I guess I'd approve of that, then."

"Huh?" I glanced at her, shaking my head. "Nothing." Sighing, I looked up at the ceiling, a smile starting to appear on my face. "Man, who woulda guessed that you and I both fell for guys that are best friends?" "I know, right?" We both looked at each other before laughing again. This is weird, us being close like this...but it's nice.

"I'm really happy for you, Bae. I'm glad you found someone who loves you so much, and who you love just as much. I really am proud of you." She sounds happy...but if my guess is right, I think she's thinking about Jackson. I guess for me, I already knew that Red loved me before I told him that I love him...but Hyomi has no idea how Jackson feels, even though she already likes him this much.

"Just to put it out there...Jackson is single." Almost immediately, Hyomi perked up. "Really?" Man, I am such a good sister. "Yep. He's as single as they come." I nodded, thinking of other things to say. If only Jackson was here to hear me making fun of him like that...--wait! That's it! "Wow, look at the time! Everyone should start showing up soon." My best acting is required right now, so I sat up and stood from my bed. "I better start getting ready and stuff, you know, before Red gets here...and Jackson." I made sure to mumble the last part, testing my sister to see if she heard it.

Oh, she heard it. The smile growing on her face couldn't be mistaken. "What? H-he's coming? T-tonight?" It was hard, but I kept a straight face. "Mmm hmm." She jumped up from the bed quickly, scaring the heck outta me. "Oh my gosh! What am I going to wear?!" She yelled, running her hands through her hair. "What does he even like? Does he like when girls dress up? Does he not care?!"

I'm not one to be all touchy feely (Red's an exception), but even so, I placed a hand on my sister's shoulder. "May I remind you, I am one of Jackson's best friends. Also, I'm dating his bestest, best, BEST friend ever~ I think I can help you out." She smiled, quickly accepting my offer. Of course she accepted. They all do...mwhaha~

(Author's p.o.v)

For the last hour, Hyomi and Bae spent the time doing their hair, talking about Mark and Jackson (mainly it was Hyomi asking Bae questions), and how they both agreed on the whole 'aunts' thing (you know, how Bae doesn't like them).

"So, did you decide on an outfit yet?" Bae asked, not understanding how her sister could try on 30 different outfits, yet still not have anything picked out. "I don't know...do you think the black dress is okay? Or should I go with the blue one?" Hyomi put the curling iron down before covering her face. "Maybe I should just stay upstairs for the whole party? Ugh! I don't know!!"

Scowling at her sister's reflection on the mirror, Bae tried her best to 'comfort' her. "Listen, what you wear doesn't matter. If Jackson doesn't end up liking you, it won't matter what you're wearing, will it? Now, finish curling my hair! You can't do one side then just leave it!" Hyomi's gaze fell to the floor. "Y-you're right... What if he doesn't like me at all? I'm getting my hopes up too high..."

Bae had to admit; she was pretty terrible when it came to giving advice on boys. She was lucky, she never had to deal with much drama or having to learn through breakups...and that's all thanks to Red. He was the reason for that, because he was...well, him. He loved her, and she loved him...it was simple. And she was thankful for that. Now about her sister and Jackson...she had no clue what to do about that. She made up in her mind that she was going to help as much as she could, but it would mostly be her winging it, throwing in a few inspirational words that she would make up on the spot.

She looked at Hyomi's sad expression before sighing. "Love is like your pet goldfish; the more you feed it, the more it will grow-- but if the fish doesn't feel like eating, just wait and give it time; it'll warm up to you and become comfortable. Don't over-feed it though! Then it'll die and be flushed down the toilet forever!" Hyomi could only stare at her sister-- completely unable to say anything.

Bae noticed the awkward silence (considering how she always creates it, she should notice it) and cleared . "I...I'm not so good with this 'love-advice' stuff... The only thing I can tell you is that if you care about Jackson this much, just give it a shot-- he's a really good guy, and I know that he'd be worth taking the shot." At this point, Bae was already completely lost on what was coming out of . It was nonsense, she was sure. "That made no sense, right?"

Feeling someone grab onto her hand, Bae looked up to see her older sister smiling at her. "No, I understand exactly what you meant. Thank you~" Hyomi pumped her fist in the air, looking determined. "Okay, I'm gonna go for it! I'll give it my best shot!" The two looked at each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter