They remind me of chocolate

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v)

 

"Come on..."

"Pick up!~"

"No!"

Mark ran a hand through his hair as he fell back onto his bed. Mark has spent the entire day trying to call Bae, but has yet to get a hold of her; she didn't show up to school and she hasn't come home, meaning Mark had no way of reaching her. a loud groan came out of Mark's mouth as he rolled onto his stomach, dialing her number once more. "Please pick up..."

Since today is Friday, it meant that it was the day of their 'date' but with Bae no where to be found, Mark hasn't even thought about it (okay, maybe he thought about it a little...) Mark was worried enough as is, but considering Bae's parents were gone as well... and the 'incident' last night... let's just say he assumed the worst.

Mark immediately sat up after hearing a car door. quickly jumping off of his bed, Mark ran down the stairs and opened the front door, not caring how crazy he looked. "Ba-" he closed his mouth with a defeated sigh after seeing that it was the old lady next door that came home, not Bae. 

Walking into his room once more, Mark fell onto the floor before taking a deep breathe, trying to calm down his nerves. *Is she in trouble with her parents? I thought they liked me, but I guess I can't blame them if they're mad... but still, they should be mad at me, not her! I need to explain to them... but how can I do that if they aren't here?? last night they didn't even say anything to me, they just walked inside...* Mark bit his tongue down as his thoughts continued. *Maybe they were so mad that they couldn't even find words to say to me! did they take Bae away as punishment?! oh gosh, what if they decided to move??? is that why they left?... to go find another home?!*

Mark grabbed his phone and turned it on speaker after dialing a number. "Wassup?~" Mark rolled his eyes after hearing Jackson's greeting. "Dude, I'm freaking out!" he breathed, waiting for a reply. "Why? did you do something illegal? and if so, why didn't you invite me?!" Mark smacked his forehead, already expecting this kind of reply from his best friend. "Dude!~ I'm serious! Bae still hasn't come home and she won't pick up or reply to my texts!"

"I'm sure she's fine... this is bae we're talking about, I mean, seriously... I'd be more worried about what Bae would do to other people, not what they would do to her." Jackson spoke, sounding as if it was no big deal. "Well, yeah... but what if she actually is in trouble? I honestly don't know what to think after last night."

"WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT???" Mark pulled the phone away from his ear after Jackson practically screamed into the speaker. "Whatever you're thinking... that's not it. Bae's parents kind of saw us kissing on her front porch..." Mark closed his eyes, waiting to hear what Jackson would say.

"What kind of kissing?" a soft scoff came out of Mark's mouth before he spoke again. "What are you talking about?" Jackson sighed loudly into the speaker, causing Mark to roll his eyes. "Dude, was it a quick kiss?.. or more like making out?"  there was a minute of silence before Mark opened his mouth again, mumbling something as quiet as possible. "Er... I- uh, I guess it was the second one..."

Loud squeals and cooes were heard over the phone from voices that sounded awfully familiar. "Dude! are the other guys with you??" Jackson stifled a laugh before whispering 'be quiet.' just loud enough for Mark to hear. "Yeah, they're all at my place." Mark ran a hand through his hair as he pulled his phone away. *Great, they're never going to let me live this down.*

"Wait..." Mark mumbled, bringing the phone up to his ear again. "Why didn't you invite me over?" Jackson scoffed loudly before speaking, sounding like a complete diva. "I did invite you! you were too glued to your phone to hear me, though! pff, and you call yourself my best friend..." 

Mark puffed out his cheeks, remembering that Jackson was telling him something in class earlier, something that he couldn't hear over the dial tone."I'm sorry, okay? I've been really worried, it's not like I meant to ignore you." *Crap... I really do as a best friend.* "I'll make it up to you, but I need your help right now!~ what should I do??"

"You'll have to do a lot to make it up to me! but since I'm a nice guy, I'll lend my services and help you." Mark waited for Jackson to continue, but after seconds full of silence passed, he decided to speak instead. "Okay.. so what should I do??" 

"About what?" Jackson asked, causing Mark to smack his forehead once more. "About Bae's parents!" Jackson let out a quick 'hmm' as he took a minute to think about what to say. "I dunno, dude... you're pretty much screwed when it comes to that.. I wish you the best of luck though~"

"That doesn't help! I already know I'm screwed! and to top it all off my girlfriend is nowhere to be found!!" Mark groaned loudly, feeling his patience run out. Mark was never one to worry about people or things, but Bae was a different story... everything she did made him worry for her safety! he liked knowing that things were under control and taken care of, something that was the complete opposite of Bae. 

Mark felt his pulse quicken after he pulled his phone away from his ear, seeing that there was an incoming call... a call that he had been waiting for all day. ""I gotta go, man! she's calling me!!" before Jackson could say a word, Mark hung up and quickly answered the call. "Red, are you there?"

A sigh of relief escaped Mark's lips after hearing her voice."Bae, are you okay? where have you been??" Bae chuckled before answering. "I'm fine, Red. I had to go with my family to see my grandparents early this morning... that's why I didn't come to school."

Mark jutted out his lips, wanting to ask countless questions, but because he didn't want to sound too clingy, he decided to just stick with one. "Why didn't you answer my calls or texts?" Mark heard Bae clear over the phone before she spoke again. "I dropped my phone in the toilet... and had to put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours. I would have called you on one of my parents phone, but they left them at them at home saying that they didn't need them! and my grandparents are super old fashioned, so they don't even own a phone!! I'm going insane, Red! I need to get the heck out of here! there's zero internet connection and the wifi is horrible here!!!!"

Mark chuckled as she continued to ramble on about the horror of no internet. *I guess I didn't need to worry after all.* "When will you be home?" he asked, expecting her to say that it wouldn't be until tonight. it did make him sad to think that their date was canceled, but honestly he was just happy that she was okay. "Go to the park near Mr. Choi's library in 1 hour... don't be late!" 

Mark stared at the phone in confusion after Bae hung up on him, completely ignoring his question. *This girl makes no sense.* he shrugged his shoulders, deciding to just go with it and follow Bae's orders.

============

Mark leaned back in the bench as he sighed, not knowing what he was suppose to do next. he went to the park like Bae told him to, but he still didn't know why she wanted him to come here. Mark hoped that Bae would somehow meet him at the park, but knew that it was unlikely to actually happen. 

"Boo!" Mark jumped up as he held  his chest, quickly turning around to see who scared him. "Ya-" he faltered as his jaw dropped. "Bae!" he shouted, jumping over the bench and pulling her into a hug. "Red, I can't breathe~" Mark pulled away before looking down, gazing into her eyes. "What are you doing here? I thought you were at your grandparents."

Bae looked up and gave a quick nod. "I was, but I escaped!~" she cheered, grinning childishly. "I wanted to get here before you.. but it's an hour drive from their house to here, and Hyomi is such a sloooooow driver!~ it's to the point where it's unbearable!" Mark chuckled as he pulled her against his chest, hugging her gently. "I'm just glad you're here."

"Of course! why would I ask you to come all the way to this park if I wasn't going to meet you? did you think that I asked you to come for no reason?" Mark snickered before it turned into a chuckle. "I wouldn't put it past you."

"I'll ignore that little comment of yours only because we need to hurry." Bae ducked out of his arms before grabbing his hands and leading him out of the park. a soft chuckle escaped Mark's lips as he looked down at her shoes, trying hard not to burst into laughter. if Mark could use one word to describe them, it wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter