It's even more comfortable than what I remember

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Warning: may cause fangirling... read at your own risk!)

 

 

(Author's p.o.v)

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP~

Mark jumped up from his bed, eyes widened. He ran a hand through his hair as he yawned. "Mmm." He mumbled, still half asleep. After what happened last night, Mark spent hours awake, smiling like a fool as he replayed Bae's words in his head. He tried a few different things to help him fall asleep, but nothing worked. He finally ended up passing out around 4am, which is why he was still extremely tired. Zzz~

Realizing his alarm was still going off, he quickly grabbed his phone and turned it off. -8am- he read on his phone, blinking a few times. "Craaaaap!!!" Mark bit his bottom lip while jumping off of his bed, running into his closet. "Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!" He continued to mutter to himself as he changed out of his sweatpants and into his school uniform. Mark stopped in his track before running out of his room, almost forgetting that his tooth brush was still in his mouth. He quickly put his tooth brush away and ran out the door, not even bothering to look in the mirror once.

"Sweetie-" Before Mrs. Tuan could question her son, he gave her a pat on the head and a smile, quickly running out the door and shouting "Bye!" She shook her head as she watched him run down the road, wondering why he was in such a hurry. "What's gotten into that boy?"

Bae tapped her chin as she stared at the boys in front of her, wondering if she should answer their question or not. "Come on, Bae~ We know that smile! What did you do?" Yugyeom leaned in closer, hoping to hear an answer from her. "Okay, okay, you caught me." She confessed, raising her hands up in the air. "I wanted Red to come to breakfast with us, but I knew he wouldn't wake up early enough even if I called him, so I changed the time on his phone last night." She shrugged, not noticing the 6 boys who were gaping at her.

"Wait," Jackson narrowed his eyes. "How did you know he wouldn't wake up? Doesn't he always answer your calls right away?" Bae stared straight into his eyes and tilted her head. "There are reasons for everything, young padawan." Jackson scoffed before crossing his arms. "You always get away with avoiding questions, but not today!  Tell me what-" 

Bae and the boys widened their eyes as they saw a red haired boy run past the window beside their booth. "Was that?..." JB slowly asked, already knowing the answer. "Yup, that was totally him." Bae quickly stood up and ran to the door.

Mark stopped in his tracks after passing auntie's cafe. *Wait, was that?...* If he only saw the guys sitting in the cafe, he would've ignored them, not wanting to be any later for school than what he already was. But the fact that he was positive he saw a certain girl sitting with them, he just couldn't ignore it. He quickly turned around and ran back to the entrance.

After opening the door to the cafe, Mark's body collided with another. He quickly pulled himself back and looked down, widening his eyes after seeing who it was. "Bae? What're you doing here? School already started." Bae rubbed her forehead, trying to sooth the pain from running into his hard chest. "Come on, I'll explain." Bae grabbed his hand before leading him to the booth. The boys stifled their laughter as the two reached the table, causing Bae to raise an eyebrow. "What are you guys laughing at?"

She quickly turned to Mark's direction, jaw slowly dropping as she looked him up and down. Mark's hair was in a complete mess with his uniform matching suit; the top three buttons were undone on his white dress shirt while his tie hung loosely around his neck. Though to others he looked like a total mess, Bae's point of view was very different. *Daaaang~ He looks hot.* She continued to shamelessly stare at him and all of his glory, completely ignoring the teasing looks from the guys. 

Mark watched as Bae got onto her tippy toes and buttoned his shirt, fixing his tie while she was at it. She reached up and gently fixed some of his hair that was sticking out, leaving most of it the way it was. *His messy hair looks good, why fix it?* Mark narrowed his eyes on her as she continued to fix his shirt. "Bae?" Feeling the intense gaze, Bae looked up. As she looked at the puzzled expression on his face, she smirked, knowing exactly what he wanted to ask. "Yes, it did happen." Keeping the smirk on her lips, Bae wiggled her eyebrows.

Mark stared down at her in shock as his eyes widened. "How did you know what I wanted to ask?" He questioned, jutting out his lips. *How did she know that I was going to ask about last night? Am I that obvious?* Bae let out a small laugh before answering. "Because, Red, I can tell by the expression on your face." Not wanting to wait for his question, Bae quickly got onto her tippy toes and pulled him down by his tie.

Mark stumbled forward before Bae grabbed onto the nape of his neck, planting a kiss on his lips. Mark's eyes widened for a brief second before he closed them, kissing her back gently. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist as he tried to hold back his smile.

The guys gasped loudly and their eyes widened as they watched the scene. JB quickly covered Yugyeom's and Bambam's eyes (though both of them peeked through his fingers ) Bae pulled away from Mark before she grabbed onto one of his hands, pulling him down on the booth next to her.

It was silent for a few seconds before Jackson opened his mouth. "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?!?!" Bae thought for a second before answering, causing all of the boys at the table to widen their eyes (including Mark) "I confessed my love to Red." Jackson's jaw dropped first as he stared at her. "You what?!"

"You heard me." She shrugged, turning her head to Mark after he opened his mouth. "Wait, I still don't understand... Why are you guys here and not at school? It's already 8:25!" The boys quickly turned their gaze to Bae, giving her a pointing look. "Tch, I can't believe you guys ratted me out so quickly!" She sighed before looking up at Mark. "Red, it's a lie; it's actually 7:25, not 8. I changed the time on your phone last night."

"Why?" Mark questioned, gazing down at her. "Because I knew you wouldn't wake up early on your own, and I really wanted to have breakfast with you before school~" A pink tint quickly made it's way onto Mark's face as the words left . "So, are you two a couple now or what?"

Mark glanced at Youngjae before looking at Bae, tilting his head to the side. It only took Bae a second to know what he was asking, so she quickly nodded her head. "Yes," Mark gently pulled Bae closer, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "We are a couple." The two looked at each other before grinning widely, both looking absolutely adorable.

"Mmm, I'm so hungry~ I'm going to get food." Bae held onto her stomach, getting ready to stand up. Mark gently pushed her forehead back and stood up, smiling cutely. "The usual, right?" Bae nodded her head with a wide smile. "You're the best~" She called, Mark replying with a quick "I know~"

"So..." Bae raised an eyebrow as the 6 boys leaned in closer, narrowing their eyes on her. "Since when did you feel that way about Mark? What do you like about him so much to make you love him??" Bae scowled at Jackson, but nonetheless answered. "Let's see... since when have I liked him?" She tapped her chin, already knowing the answer. 

"The first time I saw him, I really liked his red hair." (she has many other reasons for liking him, but that didn't mean she was going to tell them) Bae clasped her hands together as she turned her gaze towards Mark. "The reasons I fell in love with him?" The boys leaned in closer, clearly interested.

"His cute personality,  his mesmerizing eyes, his laugh, his deep voice..." She sighed dreamily before continuing. "Those pink lips of his-" "WE'VE HEARD ENOUGH!" The boys scowled while some made gagging noises. "I think I lost my appetite." Jr. muttered, pointing a finger inside his mouth. "You guys are just jealous."

Before any of the boys could deny Bae's statement, Mark came back to the table with food. They quickly forgot what they were going to say as they dug into the different pastries. "We should probably leave soon.." Bambam muttered, looking at the time on his phone. Jackson quickly waved him off, continuing to stuff his face. "Eh, we have time." 

Realizing that it was already 7:50, Bae and the boys quickly finished their food and ran to school, arriving minutes before the gate closed. "We should eat somewhere other than the cafeteria today; I can't enjoy my food when I feel like I'm going to be attacked at any moment." Yugyeom shuttered. Jr. smirked with a shrug. "I'll agree with you on that, but I personally like all of the girls attention." The rest of the guys nodded along with Jr's. words (besides Mark, of course) 

Hearing the loud screams from the girls as they walked into the school, the boys quickly looked at Bae with questioning eyes.  "Bae, you've been here way longer than any of us, where's a quiet place to eat?" JB looked in her direction as she tapped her chin. "Does the rooftop sound okay?" Everyone agreed with her suggestion and made a plan to meet at the cafeteria for lunch. 

============

A wide smile spread across Bae's face as she stepped out of her classroom. "Red~" She called, as he walked towards her. "Short stack." Mark smiled as he grabbed her hand, pulling her close. The girls in the clas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter