Yes, my short stack~

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Mark's p.o.v)

 

-BLINK- 

I looked around the room and sighed. Thankfully that was just a bad dream. I yawned as I stretched my arms out, slowly getting out of bed. I made sure to watch my steps, not wanting to step on anyone. I'm sharing the basement with all of the guys, including Daeho. since there was only one bed, we let Daeho have it and pick who he wanted to share it with, and he chose me^^ I shook my head as I looked at the guys sleeping on the floor, all piled on top of each other. How can they even sleep like that?

This is the third day we've been here, and things have already gone wrong; ever since that happened between Bae and I.. she's been ignoring me. Yesterday we spent the whole day shopping around town, and the entire time she wouldn't talk to  me; she wouldn't even make eye contact. I keep trying to talk to her, but she walks away before I can. 

I walked up the stairs and headed to the top floor, where the extra bathroom is. Aish.. I just want her to talk to me again, to stop avoiding me. Does she think I'm mad or something? sure, it hurt like heck, but I would never be mad at her because of something like that... I don't I even think I have it in me to be upset with her. "Aish." I ran a hand through my hair, sighing heavily as I did so.

I placed a hand on the door nob to the bathroom, getting ready to open it before the door flung open, revealing Bae. Her eyes widened as she looked up, staring at me cutely with her messy hair and glasses. Is she trying to drive me insane? how can someone be so cute after just waking up? I've never really cared much for glasses, but now that I see Bae wearing hers.. I can't help but think how attractive they look. Her hair... it looks like a bird decided to land in it and make a nest, yet I still find it absolutely adorable.

I cleared my throat and looked away when I realized that I had been staring at her. Crap, this is awkward.. and that's the last thing I want between us. "Bae." I called, looking down at her again. She blinked a few times before answering. "Yeah?" I placed both of my hands on her head, fixing her messing hair. "Can we stop this?"

"Stop what?" she leaned her head on one side. "You've been ignoring me since that night, and it's driving me insane." I leaned down in front of her eyes, waiting for a reply. "I don't like ignoring you either, Red.. but I've already given myself the stamp, I can't go back now." she pouted before hanging her head low. The stamp?.. what is she talking about?

"What stamp?" I questioned. "The stamp of eternal shame." she muttered, not even bothering to look up. A sigh escaped my lips as I placed a finger under her chin, tilting it up. "Where did you place the stamp?" Even though it was only a mumble, Bae still heard my question. She lifted her hand, poking her forehead. Aish, this girl..

"Why do you feel ashamed? it was an accident, so it's fine." She scrunched up her nose before pushing her glasses up, something I found extremely cute. "You're not mad?" I chuckled while shaking my head. "Of course not, how could I be mad at my short stack?" 

She narrowed her eyes before opening . "Are you sure?" she asked, slowly moving her eyes down. "I didn't permanently damage you.. right?"  I nearly choked as those words came out of . I quickly grabbed her face, moving it upwards. "Yes, I'm fine. let's not talk about this anymore, okay?" she quickly nodded her head, giving an 'ok' sign.

"Okay.. now move so I can shower~" I lightly knocked her head, earning a glare afterwards. "Fine, I will." she quickly walked back into her room after sticking her tongue out. A wide smile crept onto my face as I stared at her retrieving figure. "I'm just glad things are back to normal." I muttered, before walking into the bathroom.

 

"Dude, you gotta tell me what happened!" After we finished breakfast, we decided to go down to the beach since the weather was nice, unlike yesterday. "Dude~" I turned to Jackson, rolling my eyes. We've been in our room for about 5 minutes, and Jackson has done nothing but ask me the same question. "Nothing happened.." I muttered, pulling my shirt over my head in the process.

"Lies! you and Bae have been acting weird since the first night we got here.. correct me if I'm wrong, but it started after you two came back from being out alone." I sighed before sitting on the bed. "It isn't a big deal.. so stop worrying." A loud scoff came out of his mouth as he sat next to me. "You're lying, it's obvious. now tell me what happened before I have to use force!" I rolled my eyes, but nonetheless nodded.

He's my best friend.. it won't be that bad if I tell him, right? I opened my mouth to speak, but quickly closed it when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Did you see that? I totally double jumped!" "How is that even possible? you're not in a video game!" I watched as JB and Jr. came running down the stairs, Youngjae slowly following behind.

"What were you guys talking about?" JB asked. I was about to dismiss his question.. but Jackson just had to open his mouth. "Mark was about to tell me what happened between him and Bae!" They quickly sat on the floor, watching me with curious eyes. "Oooh~ I want to hear it too!"

Wow, wait.. do they think I'm going to tell them? there's no way, they'll never let me forget about it if I do. "Come on, we want to hear it too~" I sighed, shaking my head. "Okay, but you guys can't tell anyone else-" "I won!" I looked over at the stairs, watching as the two maknaes came running down.

"No, I won! did you see how fast I just went?!" Yugyeom and Bambam took a seat on the bed before asking "What's going on? why do you guys look so serious?" A sigh came out of my mouth as I stood up. "Nothing-" "-Mark's gonna tell us what happened the night he was alone with Bae~" It's official.. I'm going to kill Jackson-_-

"Oooooh~" The guys cooed, scooting forward towards me. "It can't be that bad, right? what did you even do to make her ignore you the next day?" I grabbed my hair before falling back onto the bed. "I told Bae that I love her.." I muttered, as quietly as possible. ..Hmm.. why is it so quiet? I thought for sure they'd say something like-

"Ohhhhhhhh!~" The once silent room turned into chaos as the guys stood up, shouting different questions and cooing 'awws' "I totally called it!" Jr. came beside me and wrapped an arm around my neck. "You confessed a lot sooner than I thought you would, though." the scowl on my face grew as the guys starting making heart signs.

"So, what did she say?" Youngjae leaned forward, a little TOO interested. I bit my lip, debating whether I should tell them or not. "I told her I didn't need an answer.." I hoped so badly that they didn't hear, but to my disappointment.. they did-_-

"Whaaaaat?!" they practically screeched. "Why would you say that?!?! " Jackson quickly stood up and gaped at me. I rolled my eyes as I ignored his question. "What happened after you said that? did she do anything? did you do anything??" I looked up at Bambam, who was already staring in my direction.. "Well... I almost kissed her.." 

I let out a heavy sigh, knowing they wouldn't shut up until I tell them. "I was so close... we were so close.. but-" "-Dude, you're killing me! just tell us!"

"Before I could kiss her, I fell to the ground... after she accidentally hit me in.. that area." Oh gosh.. it's way worse when I say it out loud! I covered my face, not wanting to see their reaction. before I knew it, the room was filled with laughter... extremely loud laughter at that.

"Hahahahaha!!!! that's the best story I've ever heard!!" I glared as Jackson rolled on the floor laughing. "Something like that would only happen with Bae, she's too awesome~" Awesome? how is that awesome??? "How did-- she even hit-- you there??" Jr. gasped out in between his laughter.

I slowly opened my mouth and muttered "She had a baseball bat in her hand from a game we played.." their laughter grew louder after I said that. now it's not only Jackson on the floor laughing, it's all of them-_-

"That probably hurt so badly! he didn't even get to kiss her either!"

I laid back on the bed as I ignored the guys laughter. Aish! why did I even tell them? I knew it would end up like this! Now that I think about it, though..  maybe it was a good thing we didn't kiss? I mean, sure I wanted to, but for the same reason that I wanted to kiss her, I also didn't want to kiss her. I'm making no sense, I know-_- I love Bae.. a lot more than what I thought I ever would, so of course I want to kiss her and hold her, but because I love her so much and the bond that we have.. I don't want to ruin it because of desire. I'd rather be friends with her for a long time and be by her side than date her and end up making things awkward. what's so great about dating anyway? the only difference would be that I could kiss her anytime... hold her whenever I want...call her mine... dang. I take it back, I want both >_< I want to be her best friend AND her boyfriend... but how?

What I really need is a way to get closer to her.. something to help me get her to open up a little more, something like- That's it! I got it!

A wide smile made it's way onto my face before I sat up. "First one to the beach gets the bed!"  I stood up from the bed before running up the stairs. "Bae!"

(Author's p.o.v)

"Bae!" Bae turned around and looked at the stairs to the basement. "Red?" Mark jogged up to her before smiling at her. "You ready?" Bae tilted her head to one side, blinking a few times as she did so. "Ready for what?" he chuckled while pushing her towards the door. "To go to the beach, what else?" 

Bae rubbed her forehead after he gently flicked it. "Yah! what was that for??" she scoffed after he shrugged his shoulders with a slight smirk. "Maybe I just like making you mad." Bae ran and jumped on his back, quickly wrapping her arms around his neck. "Every time you make me mad, I'm going to make you carry me around as my slave!" Mark chuckled while saluting. "Yes ma'am~"

Bae grinned before patting his head. "Good boy... now go forward my slave!~" Mark shook his head with a soft smile. "Yes, my queen!" A wide grin spread across Bae's face, turning into more of an evil grin. *Queen? I like the sound of that. I wonder if I can get the other guys to call me that too.. then maybe the whole school?.. then the wo-*

"Wait for us!!!" The boys shouted, as they came running up the stairs. Bae widened her eyes before tapping Mark's shoulder. "Run!!" Mark flashed her a quick smile, before quickly running out the door. "Yahhh!!! you jerks!" Jackson scoffed, before running to catch up with them.

"Is this spot okay?" Bae looked in the direction Mark was pointing and nodded. "Yeah~ it's perfect~" she grabbed her towel from her bag before spreading it down on the sand, quickly laying down on it. "You don't want to go in the water?" Mark raised an eyebrow, waiting for her answer. "Nope. I forget about it last time... but this is an ocean." Mark slowly narrowed his eyes. "So?.." Bae sat up and scoffed. "So?.. so?! there are sharks in that water!"

A soft chuckle escaped out of Mark's lips. "There are a lot of other things besides sharks, you know." she quickly turned her head to him and gave a nod. "Exactly! I'm glad you understand me, Red." Bae grinned, patting his shoulder. Mark stared at her for a moment before he burst into laughter. "What's so funny?!" Mark shook his head with a smirk. "Nothing."

Bae narrowed her eyes before shrugging. she reached inside her bag and brought out a small bottle. "What's that?" Bae poured the cream on her hand before answering his question. "It's sunscreen." she mumbled, before rubbing it all over her face and arms. Mark's jaw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter